Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

14 hours ago, Webbo said:

I can't wait for this. We are going to see Larry David and Walter White in the same room.

Two things I've watched recently that were great,

From Russia to Iran - Levsion Wood on his travels again, I'm so jealous of his life and wish I had the balls to travel in the way he does, Tehran was a real eye-opener.

Icarus - Brilliant documentary, probably the best Sporting documentary I've seen since The Two Escobars.

On 22/08/2017 at 13:52, Finnegan said:

Watched the first two episodes of Season 2 and really struggled to get in to it. I really had to labour through the first season as well, if I'm honest. 

Just can't quite get to grips with it. It's very unlike me but it's almost too slow. 

Just finished 3 and it's well worth a watch, better than the 2nd one for me. David Thewlis was brilliant in it and..

nikki-swango-mary-elizabeth-winstead-far

• Like 2

Watched the two new dramas on the Beeb and ITV the other day ...  Rellik and Liar (Both 6 parters on at the same time) ...   enjoyed both but me and the Mrs cant decide which one is best ...   I liked Liar cus the other one keeps going backwards in time and it gets a bit confusing for me (bless)...

50 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Watched the two new dramas on the Beeb and ITV the other day ...  Rellik and Liar (Both 6 parters on at the same time) ...   enjoyed both but me and the Mrs cant decide which one is best ...   I liked Liar cus the other one keeps going backwards in time and it gets a bit confusing for me (bless)...

Both written by the same people apparently.

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Didn't enjoy Rellik. Felt like someone realised that killer spelt backwards sort of spelt relic, or something that resembled it anyway, so decided to make a show backward but had no clue how to execute it, but still tried anyway. Almost like the idea came from the name rather than the name from the Idea, which never works.

4 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Didn't enjoy Rellik. Felt like someone realised that killer spelt backwards sort of spelt relic, or something that resembled it anyway, so decided to make a show backward but had no clue how to execute it, but still tried anyway. Almost like the idea came from the name rather than the name from the Idea, which never works.

Good point Flannel ...

Guest seanfox778

Just finished the return of Twin Peaks. Sad it's over again but I just love how weird and different it is. There's no one like David Lynch. I just ponder reality for a bit when I finish one of his films or after a Twin Peaks episode.

5 minutes ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

Episode 11 of Series 4 of Bojack Horseman is one the best pieces of TV I've ever watched. Really don't think the show gets enough acclaim

Weird was just coming into this thread to say how immensely well put together season 4 as a whole was, easily one of the best seasons of any TV show I've seen.  I wasn't even all that into Bojack when I first watched it - I only saw half of the first season before moving on to other things - but I am so glad I went back to it, I've not seen such a well written show in a long time.  

• Like 2

I'm only about 4 years behind the times, but 'The Killing' on Netflix is quality. Just finished season one and looking forward to the next.

Moody, dark, rainy Seattle homicide thriller based on an original Danish series I think. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ithuriel said:

Still watching Tin Star, liked Ep.1, thought Ep.2 was a tad off kilter and Ep.3 was decent.

I've just finished Tin Star, first few episodes didn't do much for me but glad I stuck it out. Tim Roths character really grows, I enjoyed it in the end but have seen it slated elsewhere.

12 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I'm only about 4 years behind the times, but 'The Killing' on Netflix is quality. Just finished season one and looking forward to the next.

Moody, dark, rainy Seattle homicide thriller based on an original Danish series I think. 

At the risk of being that guy, watch the original. So much better. 

• Thanks 1