Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

Yeah the new Stranger Things is so bloody beautifully done like the first series. Me and the mrs intended to watch three episodes but got through 4 last night before stopping, not sure why people brag about binging a whole series in one sitting but we felt it was right to cap it until next week.

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie

Guest seanfox778
5 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Yeah the new Stranger Things is so bloody beautifully done like the first series. Me and the mrs intended to watch three episodes but got through 4 last night before stopping, not sure if people brag about binging a whole series in one sitting but we felt it was right to cap it until next week.

Pfft! You call that a binge! You haven’t lived, mate.

Edited by seanfox778

Guest seanfox778
18 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I'm saying that's not binging man. I don't know how people can rag a series in one night.

I know, I was just messing with you :P

Smashey and nicey-the end of an era.didnt know it existed at all until recently. Deals with the personal lives of both and their fallout with the BBC. Terrific. 

Worth watching blood on the carpet documentary about Matthew Bannister axing older djs from radio 1 afterwards. Harry Enfields send up was very accurate and brought about change to the radio. 

11 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Going back to Star Trek: The Next Generation.

90645ffc8f3350fd1bf303550781525b6d5a9982

The first few episodes are totally camp, but it gets better as Season One progresses. Also coincides with Gene Roddenberry no longer meddling with the scripts.

Those first few seasons do have some very campy and 80s style stories but when it finally hits its stride there are some great stories, always preferred the Data and Worf centric ones although the Barkley stories could be quite humorous.

Have them on DVD but would not mind the reworked BluRay.

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Episode 7 of Star Trek Discovery was absolutely brilliant the other night.  A time loop done really well.  The pacing was superb.

I found it so boring. the worst of the 7 so far. Sci-fi series always think they need to do a Groundhog day episode eventually - normally it's when they've been going a while though. Nothing new and for me personally a waste of an episode, added nothing to the series at all. I think they brought the protagonist back far too soon maybe they could have made him a Q type character recurring once a season but this was far too soon and the holes in the plot were gaping.

Whilst I'm enjoying the series (apart from this episode) other things that annoy me are the name "michael" for the main character. It's not actually the name but the way they think it's so clever even getting another character to say how this is the first time they've heard a woman called a man's name. What? This is so far in the future that surely the sexism of names has long since passed, although other sexist actions seem not to have either.

A third annoyance is the redhead. Just everything about her. Shame she wasn't killed in the first episode (yes before we even met her) rather than the Captain who seemed to have a decent character.

finished Tin Star - really enjoyed it - especially the first 8 episodes, nine was too long, 10 was okay for an ending.

Watched the last episode of Inspector George Gently, always sad to see the end of a character and series you've been watching for a decade.

Halfway through Mr. Mercedes - some good acting and a decent show so far.

looking forward to watching Stranger things 2 next week and Peaky Blinders.

Quite enjoying The Gifted,

see they are including the hounds from the alternate timeline from the comics, mutants who are turned and used to track down and kill or capture other mutants.

If they continue in this vein then they should eventually, hopefully show the mutant detention camps and Sentinels, just have to wait and see.

Should also be interesting to see what  happened to the Xmen and Brotherhood in the timeline of this show.

On 10/30/2017 at 11:01, MC Prussian said:

Going back to Star Trek: The Next Generation.

90645ffc8f3350fd1bf303550781525b6d5a9982

The first few episodes are totally camp, but it gets better as Season One progresses. Also coincides with Gene Roddenberry no longer meddling with the scripts.

If I was Geordi I'd fiddle about with those special goggles so that I could see through clothes  ....    

On ‎03‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 20:11, Wookie said:

Started watching Power, I’m not sure I’ve watched a tv show before where I don’t really like any of the characters.

Power is incredible. Loved everything about it. Tommy is my fave character and Angela is a beaut. Stick with it.

Finished watching the 2nd season of stranger things. Another brilliant season. Really enjoy the fact its set in the 80s and has lots of different references to other shows. There is talk of another 3 season being made but gotta wait a while for season 3.

So now I need something else to watch on Netflix. Any suggestions?

2 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Power is incredible. Loved everything about it. Tommy is my fave character and Angela is a beaut. Stick with it

I’m on to the second season now, still don’t like any of the characters. It’s not really the series fault but so many of the tropes are familiar having watched Breaking Bad and Ozark, there’s differences of course but in my view it’s a 6/10 series; watchable but nothing special

Just now, Wookie said:

I’m on to the second season now, still don’t like any of the characters. It’s not really the series fault but so many of the tropes are familiar having watched Breaking Bad and Ozark, there’s differences of course but in my view it’s a 6/10 series; watchable but nothing special

I'm not a veteran when it comes to TV series. For years me and the wife just didn't watch TV. Its only the last 6 months where we have sat and watched something. We've only now watched Prison Break, Power and Stranger Things. So maybe if I watch other shows it may drop Power down from a 10/10.

What is Ozark? Breaking Bad didn't do it for me, I watched the first season and got bored.

57 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Power is incredible. Loved everything about it. Tommy is my fave character and Angela is a beaut. Stick with it.

Finished watching the 2nd season of stranger things. Another brilliant season. Really enjoy the fact its set in the 80s and has lots of different references to other shows. There is talk of another 3 season being made but gotta wait a while for season 3.

So now I need something else to watch on Netflix. Any suggestions?

Mindhunter.  Exceptionally well written. David Fincher heavily involved with it. Just brilliant