Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

37 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Lord Of The Rings gets a TV series, preceding The Fellowship of the Ring:

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/nov/13/lord-of-the-rings-amazon-tv-show-confirmed

Not read it but if it precedes the fellowship doesn't that technically make it a silmarillian series rather than LOTR?

Shame Star Trek Discovery has come to its mid-season break.

It's been a great run of episodes so far.  Nine in and only another 6/7 to go?

I particularly liked the way they did the Klingons speaking in English thanks to the universal translator that Burnham possessed on the Klingon ship.  Nice touch that.  For me they've come into a fair bit of unfair criticism.

If anything the episodes are too short, and feel a little rushed in places.  The CGI is excellent for a TV show mind. 

Edited by Legend_in_blue

I daren't visit this thread before as I was late to the party with Stranger Things and didn't want to risk seeing any spoilers - watched the whole 2 seasons over the last week

Never before have I seen anything so hyped up and actually exceed the hype. It's proper outstanding TV. Don't understand anyone who's seen more than 1 episode and hasn't enjoyed it. Can't wait for the next season

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I daren't visit this thread before as I was late to the party with Stranger Things and didn't want to risk seeing any spoilers - watched the whole 2 seasons over the last week

Never before have I seen anything so hyped up and actually exceed the hype. It's proper outstanding TV. Don't understand anyone who's seen more than 1 episode and hasn't enjoyed it. Can't wait for the next season

only 2 years to wait.................

I heard it was to be 2019 the next season. Hope not.

Finished watching 'The Sinner' only 1 season but was decent. Started watching Narcos last night but literally got 10 mins in and the wife was nodding off so will try again maybe tonight. I loved Power so much I hope Narcos can fill the drug void ive got. Guess I could always take up cocaine lol 

On 14/11/2017 at 18:25, Legend_in_blue said:

Shame Star Trek Discovery has come to its mid-season break.

It's been a great run of episodes so far.  Nine in and only another 6/7 to go?

I particularly liked the way they did the Klingons speaking in English thanks to the universal translator that Burnham possessed on the Klingon ship.  Nice touch that.  For me they've come into a fair bit of unfair criticism.

If anything the episodes are too short, and feel a little rushed in places.  The CGI is excellent for a TV show mind. 

Loved the show. Was abit dubious wether to watch at 1st but really pleased i did. 

Stranger Things is a great piece of TV entertainment. Only a handful of better-known actors, the rest made up of unknowns and kids that have been very well-cast.

The series also manages to capture the spirit of the 80ies almost flawlessly. Clothes, cars, brands, haircuts, music, it's all in there.

Plus the numerous references to 80ies movies and TV series, both in story and in-series content (shades of the Goonies, Star Wars, ET, The Thing, Jaws, The Evil Dead, Ghostbusters, Stand By Me, WarGames and many, many more)

Although I wish they'd reduce the 80ies soundtrack a bit, as it tends to be a bit overbearing, as if they're forced to include it in almost every new (high school) scene.

The first season is gripping all the way until the finale.

However, starting with Season Two, the creators now face the (thankless) task of trying to expand on the original idea and convince the viewer that there is an even bigger threat around the corner.

For some reason, the suspense isn't there or not the same once you get to Season Two, it feels like a very twisted way of trying to establish a new threat. And because it's less "tangible", it loses the shock factor that made the first season so great.

My hope is they have learnt from the Lost fiasco.

Looking forward to Season Three in 2019.

Edited by MC Prussian

Just now, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

It's really good, quite slow paced but I'm just over halfway through it and hooked.

I found the main guy to be massively awkward, almost reminded me of a character from the PS3 game Heavy Rain and if you have played it you will know it’s not a compliment haha.