Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

Just finished Season 4 of Silicon Valley, great characters and great show.

Did also just watch first season of Always Sunny In Philadelphia - other than Charlie, I found all the characters pretty loathsome. Didn't funny it particularly funny but people have been raving about it. Sometimes the first season can be a bit of a dud whilst they're world-building and introducing out characters etc.., does it improve in future seasons?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, oakman said:

Did also just watch first season of Always Sunny In Philadelphia - other than Charlie, I found all the characters pretty loathsome. Didn't funny it particularly funny but people have been raving about it. Sometimes the first season can be a bit of a dud whilst they're world-building and introducing out characters etc.., does it improve in future seasons?

YES - Danny Devito comes on the scene and he's the best. Keep with it I say. The characters are loathsome, they're absolute cvnts and that's what makes the show imo. 

4 hours ago, oakman said:

Just finished Season 4 of Silicon Valley, great characters and great show.

Silicon Valley is outstanding – incredible how they manage to pack so much into 20 odd minutes and end on a cliff-hanger every episode. Easily one of my favourite ever programmes.

5 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Been watching Arrested Development on Netflix - Decent for the first 3 seasons, the 4th is the absolute worst! 

There's a couple of really hilarious episodes - the banana dress one springs to mind, Tobias Fünke trying to become a member of the Blue Man Group, Buster losing a member, The Bluth outdoors family play, the house collapsing, the constant misunderstandings between Maeby and George Michael, etc..

Thing about Season Four is that it was shot about six years after the previous season, so it's hard to reconnect if you haven't played that role for so long.

Cast did change and so did the format (centering on one protagonist per episode as opposed to the frantic family scenes in seasons 1 to 3).

On 11/25/2017 at 22:58, Bellend Sebastian said:

Never been that bothered before but the current series of Man Down is delighting me greatly.

"Milky Sue" AND the actual Derek Griffiths in this week's episode. Amazing stuff

Man Down is superb one of the funniest shows on tV

• Like 1