Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

On 11/23/2017 at 10:29, Sambiasso said:

Yeah I've just read that they couldn't get the cast together due to their other filming commitments, New season due next year where it returns to the old format. 

Need to start on Curb & Always Sunny.

This season of Curb has been terrible, really hasn't been the wait. Apart from Larry getting maced by a perfume lady in a shop, I'm struggling to think of any properly funny moments and CYE has always had plenty of them

Guest seanfox778
On 27/11/2017 at 14:05, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

This season of Curb has been terrible, really hasn't been the wait. Apart from Larry getting maced by a perfume lady in a shop, I'm struggling to think of any properly funny moments and CYE has always had plenty of them

I liked the one where he got banned from the hotel lobby for touching the cookies and the funeral one with Bryan Cranston but the last great one for me was the Michael J Fox one at the end of season 8. The Fatwa thing is being milked also.

31 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Perhaps all those interested are otherwise occupied? :whistle:

The guy in the programme with about 5 artificial 'companions' seemed very happy to spare the time to divulge FAR too much information about his interest.

I'll be honest, I felt sorry for his wife

5 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

The guy in the programme with about 5 artificial 'companions' seemed very happy to spare the time to divulge FAR too much information about his interest.

I'll be honest, I felt sorry for his wife

lollollol 

7 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I'm sold, I've paused a Tom Waits marathon to watch this so it better be worth it Bellend.

I don't think you'll be disappointed. You may question humanity's continued existence, and/or feel a bit dirty (and not in a good way) but you won't be disappointed

1 hour ago, FIF said:

Vikings is back.

Great series ! ...   was discussing it in the pub last night ...   one lad thought that Utred son of Utred thing was better but everyone else told him he was talking bolox !    It wasn't bad but not in the same league.

Oh Lord on Earth April looks like 14 years old and the dude's standing in front of his wife calling it his "dream girl" lol 

Then asked what he'd do if he had to choose between his 14 y/o doll or his wife... "I honestly don't know".  I can't even.

Edited by Carl the Llama

45 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I don't think you'll be disappointed. You may question humanity's continued existence, and/or feel a bit dirty (and not in a good way) but you won't be disappointed

Unusual is the only word for that piece of television.  The final scene with the conversation between James and Harmony was incredibly awkward viewing, for him to come away from it enthusing about how natural the whole thing felt speaks volumes about his mentality, he's clearly a screw or two loose and I reckon that's probably the case for a lot of the men in the market for this kind of thing.  Feel horrible for his wife coming home from spending a month looking after her mum to find her husband shacked up with a silicone 14 year old (he says around 20 but come on, look at the thing).

11 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Unusual is the only word for that piece of television.  The final scene with the conversation between James and Harmony was incredibly awkward viewing, for him to come away from it enthusing about how natural the whole thing felt speaks volumes about his mentality, he's clearly a screw or two loose and I reckon that's probably the case for a lot of the men in the market for this kind of thing.  Feel horrible for his wife coming home from spending a month looking after her mum to find her husband shacked up with a silicone 14 year old (he says around 20 but come on, look at the thing).

I didn't actually see the bit where he goes on the 'date', but I'm not surprised he was impressed. He seemed to think the ones that did **** all were real.

My main question is, are the people in these documentaries (and there have been a few now, thanks Channel 4!) representative of the people that buy them, or just representative of people that buy them and are willing to admit that on telly?

They're not really a good advert for the product, are they?

54 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Great series ! ...   was discussing it in the pub last night ...   one lad thought that Utred son of Utred thing was better but everyone else told him he was talking bolox !    It wasn't bad but not in the same league.

The first season of that other thing, was it called the last kingdom, was okay but I started the second season and found the acting and storyline too boring and stopped. Vikings has been , for me, one of the best series ever. Informative and entertaining with some fantastic performances. Lagatha must be one of the greatest female role models ever. Ragnar, Floki and many others exceptional. Enjoyed the first episode of this season yesterday too.

10 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Punisher is decent.  Well worth watching even if you don't like Marvel stuff.

i very much enjoyed it but felt it went on for too long. Could have been wrapped up in 1 or 2 episodes less. Not a major issue as I loved watching it.

Knightfall looks like it might be worth watching. starts next week about the end of the Knights templar.

I'm presently watching Peaky Blinders, Vikings and mindhunter.

Just finished the final season of Longmire - always a bit sad when a series that you've watched for years finishes.

On 27/11/2017 at 13:05, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

It's not been as good as the early stuff but I still think its been the best comedy on TV.

Jeff as a Cowboy and Larry Longballs had me in stiches last week. I think getting rid of the Blacks was an error, Leon has turned too middle class now.

2 hours ago, MattP said:

It's not been as good as the early stuff but I still think its been the best comedy on TV.

Jeff as a Cowboy and Larry Longballs had me in stiches last week. I think getting rid of the Blacks was an error, Leon has turned too middle class now.

Haven't seen that one yet - it's still better than most comedies out but I think I was expecting too much. Just doesn't seem as natural or riotous as before - think it needs a Krupke/black swan/tourette's chef moment