Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

On 03/01/2018 at 21:54, MC Prussian said:

Star Trek: Enterprise pales in comparison to TNG.

Rather poor casting choices, hardly anyone to root for, little to no exciting drama, no antagonist(s) to love to hate like Q and characters that usually talk too much pointless stuff.

The intro song's also tacky as hell.

No wonder it was cancelled after four seasons.

Star Trek Discovery has the potential to top everything, even TNG.  Episode 10 was absolutely superb.  It just gets better and better every week.  Brilliant TV.  Glad the show is back for the second half!

On 07/01/2018 at 21:22, FIF said:

Finished season 2 of Narcos, not as good as season one but still pretty good.

Vikings continues to amaze me in that I've enjoyed every episode of every season.

First episode of the new Cardinal season was good.

Laboured my way through the first episode of Knightfall - can anyone tell me if it gets better as I like to give series at least a couple of episodes to guage them but not sure I will otherwise.

Also did anyone watch the first episode of Hard Sun - I marked it as a potential watch but I'm interested in feedback from those who saw it.

I’ve just started watching Hard Sun, I’m halfway through the second episode so far and I’m gripped. Cheers for the heads up on it fif. Have you seen anymore of it yet?

The Damien Hirst documentary on Netflix is amazing until you realise it's completely fake and that you've just wasted an hour or two of your life if you bother carrying on.

Something was clearly off from the start as it was far too good to be true, but they do a good job of building up the the more impressive discoveries... when you hit them my reaction was "**** off" this would have been on the news for about a year. Turned out to the right reaction as it was a total fabrication from start to finish.

Star Trek: Enterprise - well, it does get somewhat better in Season Two, but Season Three promises so much, only to disappoint fully.

You're left with a fantastic cliffhanger at the end of the second season, it gets all Event Horizon and X-Files... All the anticipation of something more frightening, higher stakes and a bigger-than-life threat, almost impossible to overcome...

Then you realize they've tried to open the series to a new demographics and all the excitement makes way for crap set design, horrendous new alien species and the same old drag witnessed in Season One. I thought it'd get darker and more mysterious, instead, there's more light than ever! The crew travels to an unknown area in space and no one seems to be shocked at the sight of humans nor in the need for a translator any longer! lol

I watch way too many shows but one of my recent favourites which i have not seen mentioned is Sense8 - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2431438/?ref_=nv_sr_2

sadly it only lasted 2 seasons but was really REALLY good. Some great individual and strong characters rolls. Hard to choose a favorite and storyline is something ive not seen before 9/10. 

Vikings is awesome, even the latest season without Ragnor, has been good. 

Loving Star Trek discovery, although i find the woman in it with a guys name abit annoying. 

Big shout out to Supernatural which has been going for probably too long now and is getting 'samey' but still look forward to every new episode, mainly for Dean's one liners. 

Guest seanfox778

Finished Mad Men, sublime show. Quite sad it’s ended now as I’ve been watching it for just over a year. 

Edited by seanfox778

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Like the look of Britannia and Jamestown but don’t know which one to try first. Anybody watched either?

Nearly to the last episode of Britannia and am really enjoying it. The story doesn't require too much in the way of thought and has little pretensions to be something it's not. Just don't go into it expecting the budget or production values of GoT. Never got into Jamestown. Saw one episode and it did nothing for me, so I never bothered watching any more.

• Thanks 1

I've been in and out of hospital for the last month and had a lot of time on my hands. So to celebrate 10 years since the first episode of Breaking Bad, I decided to watch all 5 series again - pretty much back to back. I've got 4 episodes left of the final series and on reflection, it's still the best goddamn TV show in history ever.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I've been in and out of hospital for the last month and had a lot of time on my hands. So to celebrate 10 years since the first episode of Breaking Bad, I decided to watch all 5 series again - pretty much back to back. I've got 4 episodes left of the final series and on reflection, it's still the best goddamn TV show in history ever.

Yep, Vince Gilligan created a masterpiece.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Slightly jealous Izzy. Not of the hospital and illness stuff, but the having time to blast through breaking bad again. I must do it one day.

42 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Slightly jealous Izzy. Not of the hospital and illness stuff, but the having time to blast through breaking bad again. I must do it one day.

Yeah, I wouldn’t recommend the illness bit Face but if you do ever get the time I’d thoroughly suggest blasting through it again. It’s been so much better second time around as I’ve got more into the detail and key relationships. Walter White is my fvckin hero :)

16 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Still not as good as Sopranos and GoT IMO. 

The Shield is in my top 5 as well. Brilliant show with a fantastic ending episode. 

The Sopranos would be my second favourite behind BB tbf Bear and I’d also have the Shield in my top 5. Vic Macky is a brilliant character and the ending was awesome as you say. P.S. I’m one of the 1% who’s never seen an episode of GoT so maybe that’s next for me :)