Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

9 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Bit off topic but has anyone watched cheers? I love Frasier but just wondered if it was as good or better than Frasier? 

It was a good show, back in the 80s. Probably a bit dated now.

• Like 2

The Ranch is quite decent on Netflix. It's set up and shot a bit like a sitcom and is technically a comedy as there's one liners, but it's a better drama than it is a comedy. About a family struggling to keep a cattle ranch afloat in the midwest. 

Sam Elliott is always great, Ashton Kutcher is well, Ashton Kutcher. There's also a bloke called Danny Masterson who's the funniest thing on the show. And one of my crushes Elisha Cuthbert. 

5 seasons of 10 episodes, but only 30 mins long each so easy to get through. Well recommended and worth a watch. Better than it looks and sounds in any case! 

3 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Watching Mortimer and Whitehouse gone fishing on BBC 2 at 10, I'm not expecting a lot of fishing though, but plenty of good banter.

I forgot that was on, cheers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

Bit off topic but has anyone watched cheers? I love Frasier but just wondered if it was as good or better than Frasier? 

Great sitcom, very much a product of its time like most sitcoms. Very different to Frasier as there's so many more and different characters. Definitely worth it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

Classic of it's time, much better than Frasier.

Still funny today.

9 hours ago, Simi said:

Billions has to be the best show on TV at the moment. Each season better than the last.

I'm two episodes in to the latest season but I've been Internet and digital tvless for about six weeks. It's the show I've missed the most, really looking forward to a binge when my Internet is back on. 

Surprised how few people I know that watch it. It's absolutely brilliant as a human drama. 

Plus, yanno, Wendy Roades. 

On 22/06/2018 at 23:04, orangecity23 said:

Bob Mortimer is also a University of Leicester graduate too, so he has a connection to our city as well. Bloody hilarious, he was fantastic when he was on Taskmaster.

Rather randomly his sister in law was one of my law tutors when I was at Leicester Poly in the early 90s. I think he may be a qualified solicitor as well

On 19/06/2018 at 21:43, Bert said:

Anyone watching bulletproof on sky one? 

On 19/06/2018 at 21:59, Bert said:

As if they've killed Nell :(

Great first series, hope there's a second. 

On 19/06/2018 at 23:05, StanSP said:

I've loved watching it. Good drama. Gutted Nell has gone though :(

Finished this over the weekend, thought it was a great series.

Definitely coming back for a second, seen a tweet announcing it. Also they're being a bit coy over whether Nell actually died. Not sure how she could have survived and the chat at the end seemed to point to her dying, but you never know.