Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

Always Sunny is still churning out classics after 13 seasons. This season has been spectacular so far. Gotta be my favourite comedy ever.

Started watching Bojack after a few reviews on here. Really enjoying it! Just watched the “fish out of water” episode which was brilliant. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ithuriel said:

Second episode of the latest iteration of DrWho was pretty decent and the show has the old classic vibe though obviously money has been spent on it, wonder where the location of this episode was?

They spent about a month filming in SA - last night's episode was filmed somewhere along the Garden Route, whereas next week's (set in 1950s America) was filmed in Cape Town near Green Point - pretty much round the corner from the pub where I watched most of the 2015/16 season!

• Like 1

On 15/10/2018 at 17:44, The soup nazi said:

Almost finished the 4 seasons of Treme. David Simon makes some pretty amazing TV. This and The Wire are my favourite shows ever. The bloke is a genius imo. Generation Kill is next to watch.

On 15/10/2018 at 19:10, Stadt said:

Very good, probably makes my top 10. Strangely unheralded here 

Almost given up telling people to watch Generation Kill, I'm amazed how few have. Its basically Band of Brothers made by the makers of the Wire set in a modern war. How hasn't EVERYONE seen that!? 

I think it's great, easily my favourite mini series and one of my top bits of telly ever. 

I LOVE YOU FRUITY RUDY! 

17 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Almost given up telling people to watch Generation Kill, I'm amazed how few have. Its basically Band of Brothers made by the makers of the Wire set in a modern war. How hasn't EVERYONE seen that!? 

I think it's great, easily my favourite mini series and one of my top bits of telly ever. 

I LOVE YOU FRUITY RUDY! 

If I'm honest it passed me by. I'd not even heard of it until recently when I was looking for more David Simon stuff. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, The soup nazi said:

2 actors from The Wire in there I see 

Yeah man they're everywhere. One guy Rudy Reyes, actually plays himself which is a bit like Simon casting Snoop to be Murder Snoop haha. Its nice to know it has that authenticity though. 

It's honestly worth buying the full dvd box set, the special features have interviews with the real marines. It was good to get their perspective. Wright obviously sees everything through the eyes of a civilian, albeit a civilian who has been on board. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I LOVE YOU FRUITY RUDY! 

What's it on? Sky Atlantic?

On 11/10/2018 at 17:39, MattP said:

Three times I laughed out loud.

Bald nonce lol

Hasn't laughed since he bombed Dresden lol

Kurtan when he sees the portrait in court lol

Ever since she got that new BMX she has been a complete menace?

i dont know why but that done me!

its one of those things that if you watch again you discover hidden gems.

On 15/10/2018 at 17:33, VinceNoir said:

Always Sunny is still churning out classics after 13 seasons. This season has been spectacular so far. Gotta be my favourite comedy ever.

I am a IASIP stan but I really didnt rate the first 3 episodes. The 1st and 3rd were particularly weak for me.

The latest ones though are great. The gang gets new wheels was amazing.

4 hours ago, lgfualol said:

I am a IASIP stan but I really didnt rate the first 3 episodes. The 1st and 3rd were particularly weak for me.

The latest ones though are great. The gang gets new wheels was amazing.

Mm, I didn’t like the first one, but I enjoyed the Boggs one even though it was a reboot. The one from last night was a bit meh for me. Took too long to really get going which was unfortunate cos the idea was good. 

14 hours ago, VinceNoir said:

Mm, I didn’t like the first one, but I enjoyed the Boggs one even though it was a reboot. The one from last night was a bit meh for me. Took too long to really get going which was unfortunate cos the idea was good. 

The boggs one I really wanted to love but I didn't. Prefer those little characters in small doses, Mac's mum is better when she only grunts or shouts.