Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

Rubbish on the TV today, might put on a DVD instead, i have enough to watch something different everyday for a year and have recently ordered the Continuim box set for StarGate SG1 that has every episode and both the TV movies :)

Is it just me or have the number of quality shows declined due to all this reality stuff and talent shows ?

I agree to an extent. The viewing figures for a lot of the reality shows justify them to the tv companies. When new, original shows come along they have to instantly get good ratings or they are dropped. It's the viewers that are the main problem. If people are happy to watch the same crap being churned out then that is what will be made. If people stopped watching the reality shows, companies would be forced to try something original to draw viewers back.

I agree to an extent. The viewing figures for a lot of the reality shows justify them to the tv companies. When new, original shows come along they have to instantly get good ratings or they are dropped. It's the viewers that are the main problem. If people are happy to watch the same crap being churned out then that is what will be made. If people stopped watching the reality shows, companies would be forced to try something original to draw viewers back.

Suppose it does backfire on them though in that they can't repeat those shows bar short term showing, sell them abroad or sell them on DVD or Blueray and merchandise them, one viewing and a repeat is all they get from them.

About the only couple of sci-fi shows still made by the BBC sell quite well abroad and the merchandise makes quite a bit of cash too, DrWho and Torchwood.

Hell, the BBC are still making a little bit of money from the DVD box set of Blakes7 that comes with a small model of the Liberater :thumbup: and the audio stories.

Edited by ithuriel

• 2 months later...
Guest MattP

Just finished the Sopranos boxset, I did dip in and out of it as a young man but never got fully hooked, watching it again all the way through really makes you appreciate it's brilliance.

Probably the greatest TV series I have ever seen.

Just finished the Sopranos boxset, I did dip in and out of it as a young man but never got fully hooked, watching it again all the way through really makes you appreciate it's brilliance.

I need to rewatch it but it's such a timely investment. Absolutely brilliant show though, I wish I could wipe my memory and watch all these shows again for the first time.

Guest MattP

I need to rewatch it but it's such a timely investment. Absolutely brilliant show though, I wish I could wipe my memory and watch all these shows again for the first time.

That's what I thought watching the finale again tonight, that moment in the cafe when you know it's about to end, still got goosebumps watching for it, can't even remember what I was like first time it came around.

I've finished prison break now so I need something to fill this massive void in my life. Sopranos could well be the answer

Guest MattP

I've finished prison break now so I need something to fill this massive void in my life. Sopranos could well be the answer

You won't be disappointed. It's seriously good.