Jump to content
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

Recommended Posts

This week's Partridge was very good. Simon describing one of the skirts as 'molta bene' was hilarious ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished "House of Cards"

 

Fvck me that has to be the worst final season and most abysmal finale in the last 20 years. I know that Spacey had to go, but im pretty sure the writers just said bugger it, ill email the script from the Bahamas.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Just finished "House of Cards"

 

Fvck me that has to be the worst final season and most abysmal finale in the last 20 years. I know that Spacey had to go, but im pretty sure the writers just said bugger it, ill email the script from the Bahamas.

Yeah I couldn't even finish it. The other series were really good as well so it's a shame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Yeah I couldn't even finish it. The other series were really good as well so it's a shame

the ONLY good thing was... that they didnt try another season

!

Edited by ozleicester

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Just finished "House of Cards"

 

Fvck me that has to be the worst final season and most abysmal finale in the last 20 years. I know that Spacey had to go, but im pretty sure the writers just said bugger it, ill email the script from the Bahamas.

Honestly couldn't finish it. Think I managed 3 episodes. A horrible end in more ways than one to what was a great show. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Just finished "House of Cards"

 

Fvck me that has to be the worst final season and most abysmal finale in the last 20 years. I know that Spacey had to go, but im pretty sure the writers just said bugger it, ill email the script from the Bahamas.

 

4 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Yeah I couldn't even finish it. The other series were really good as well so it's a shame

 

4 hours ago, ozleicester said:

the ONLY good thing was... that they didnt try another season

!

 

35 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Honestly couldn't finish it. Think I managed 3 episodes. A horrible end in more ways than one to what was a great show. 

Same. I watched one episode of the final season and just gave up. Just not the same without Spacey even though its obvious they couldn't continue without him. Shame because all the other series' were very good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was 2 weeks ago I started watching Game of Thrones for the first time. I have now just finished season 6. So happy I’ve not got long to wait for new seasons. I have a week to watch season 7 ready for season 8 next week. So 1 episode a night will fit nicely. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

It was 2 weeks ago I started watching Game of Thrones for the first time. I have now just finished season 6. So happy I’ve not got long to wait for new seasons. I have a week to watch season 7 ready for season 8 next week. So 1 episode a night will fit nicely. 

It’s fantastic! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4 April 2019 at 09:42, FIF said:

Really. It has had such good reviews on here that I watched it and found it rather trite with some funny moments in each episode. Perhaps it's targetted at a different audience than me. Certainly aimed at those who think saying certain offensive words on a TV programme which never used to be allowed in public is funny and cutting edge. I wonder how many people actually use that sort of language with their mothers or grandmothers - maybe it is the mothers and I'm just waaaay out of touch. 

 

I accept that most people think this wasa great series, just not for me.

it has some nice funny moments. the character he plays (especially the early episodes) is off putting a bit imo. the guy dying of an overdose and his atheists views were unnecessary too. good but nothing special, he needs to work with steve again and produce something magic. 7/10.

Edited by don_danbury

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somehow got hooked on Lucifer on Amazon.

 

I expected something a little darker but it’s very easy watch. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re-watched the final episode of GoT again last night from series 7.

 

For all the CGI thrown at it and the impressive fight scenes, nothing quite cuts it like the Hound telling someone to just simply "F*** Off".  lol

 

My fav character on the show.  Here's hoping we see this showdown for one final time:

 

 

"You know who's coming for you..." :thumbup:

Edited by Legend_in_blue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Livid said:

Somehow got hooked on Lucifer on Amazon.

 

I expected something a little darker but it’s very easy watch. 

I loved it .. i think Tom Ellis (Lucifer) played an awesome role. Was sad when it ended but think it had run its ground.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Without reading through this whole thread has anyone mentioned Stranger Things on Netflix?

 

It's about a group of kids fighting monsters from another dimension with a seriously cool young girl with superpowers.

 

Now that I read that back it sounds a bit shit...

 

I loved it anyway.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was brought up again a few pages back so I decided to start watching Generation Kill for the second time, so good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Re-watched the final episode of GoT again last night from series 7.

 

For all the CGI thrown at it and the impressive fight scenes, nothing quite cuts it like the Hound telling someone to just simply "F*** Off".  lol

 

My fav character on the show.  Here's hoping we see this showdown for one final time:

 

 

"You know who's coming for you..." :thumbup:

CLEGANEBOWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

 

I think they have to do it in the final season - the fandom will accept nothing less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, murphy said:

Without reading through this whole thread has anyone mentioned Stranger Things on Netflix?

 

It's about a group of kids fighting monsters from another dimension with a seriously cool young girl with superpowers.

 

Now that I read that back it sounds a bit shit...

 

I loved it anyway.

 

Yeah with season 3 coming out this summer!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/04/2019 at 16:09, ozleicester said:

Watching "The Defiant Ones" - IN CRED IBLE!!

 

Image result for the defiant ones

 

Dre and Iovine

Watched this back around January time and thought it was very good. 

 

Flew through a few different shows recently:

 

Animal Kingdom- good full on action show, not overly keen at the OTT drug use, story dies down a bit as you go through the seasons

 

Umbrella Academy- really enjoyed it, bit bizarre in places but it had me hooked

 

Just sat back down to continue with 19-2 a Canadian police show which is fairly good, filling time before I find something else that hooks me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

House of cards was my favourite show of all time. Tried to watch the last series a few months ago and couldnt get past ep 1. Finally watched it the other week and holy shit what was that? They couldn’t have eaten a shitter script, shat it out and acted it out even shitter. ****ing horrific. Ruined it all should’ve kept Kevin Spacey.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎09‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 22:29, Legend_in_blue said:

Re-watched the final episode of GoT again last night from series 7.

 

For all the CGI thrown at it and the impressive fight scenes, nothing quite cuts it like the Hound telling someone to just simply "F*** Off".  lol

 

My fav character on the show.  Here's hoping we see this showdown for one final time:

 

 

"You know who's coming for you..." :thumbup:

Love the hound lol 

 

I finished watching the last episode last night. So it has taken me 2 and a half weeks to watch all of Game of Thrones. I've now gone from knowing nothing to now being able to join in the chat at the pub lol.

 

I was all set to watch 1 episode a day of season 7 ready for Monday but watching 2 episodes yesterday and 4 the day before put an end to that idea lol.

 

Cant believe i've got to wait 4 days for Season 8. I'm pulling my hair out. How on earth have people gone almost 2 years since the end of season 7?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...