Jump to content
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

Recommended Posts

Well episode 4 of Picard.  Wow.  What was that?  Brilliant!  

 

Once you've seen it, you'll know it.  Replayed on several occasions, that was great.  Some decent humour this week as well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/02/2020 at 12:12, urban.spaceman said:

You're in for a ****ing treat!

 

100%. Please wipe my memory.

3 episodes into season 3 and I'm bored of it. Not sure I'll carry on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To lay on one's arm so as to deny the passage of blood and ultimately loose feeling in the limb, followed by the act of mastrubation with said limb.
I gave myself the stranger last night.
 
On 03/02/2020 at 12:07, kingcarr21 said:

The Stranger on Netflix was a good watch. A nice 8 episode series so a quick binge

 

Some nice little twists an turns

 

On 03/02/2020 at 13:36, Izzy said:

I'm half way through it.

 

Must say I'm intrigued although it's a bit odd...

 

On 03/02/2020 at 13:39, kingcarr21 said:

Its got a decent enough finish. Not a masterpiece but well worth watching it til the end

 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Stranger Things season 4 teaser just released, best TV show ever in my humble opinion. 

I don't know, the novelty factor has worn off quite quickly. It started off well with the 80ies retro vibes, but the longer the first three seasons went on, the more ridiculous and less credible it became.

I mean Russians managing a huge science lab underground in the US without being noticed? lol

The pastiche "Neverending Story" singing along towards the end of the third season was cringe as fvck.

 

The series needs a new threat and it needs stopping celebrating itself.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally started watching The Expanse (after a few recommendations) and after the opening two episodes I'm impressed.  If this is the weakest season of the lot, I think I'm going to enjoy this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blitzed all episodes of Liar at the weekend, really enjoyed it and looking forward to 2nd series in March

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

Finished Orange is the New Black last night. Been a chore since about Season 3, don't know why we bothered

I'd forgotten all about it, I can't remember how far I got into it but it was getting boring, not worth going back to it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I'd forgotten all about it, I can't remember how far I got into it but it was getting boring, not worth going back to it? 

I'd say not. I think S1 and some of S2 were pretty good. Some good bits around S4 and S5 but there's so many episodes, it's just not worth your time. 

 

Largely forgettable!

Edited by RonnieTodger
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Top Gear great again last night. Fully emerged from the shadow of the other 3. 

Yeah totally agree, plenty of energy and feels authentic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Yeah totally agree, plenty of energy and feels authentic. 

Harris is a better driver than Clarkson by a mile and Paddy and Freddie are funnier than Hammond and May. It's a shame what happened in Mexico, Harris has zero luck when it comes to 24hr races! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/02/2020 at 00:00, Legend_in_blue said:

Well episode 4 of Picard.  Wow.  What was that?  Brilliant!  

 

Once you've seen it, you'll know it.  Replayed on several occasions, that was great.  Some decent humour this week as well.  

Amazing episode and my fave Trekkie character returns .. :wub: 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Picard is pretty bad. The first episode was enjoyable, possibly down to the novelty value, but it's not a good show (so far). Stewart is too old and just sounds like he's reading lines, the story has turned incomprehensible, the characters are all one dimensional, the Romulans have some weird blame on the Federation (where were their military?), and absolutely everyone seems to hate Picard - even Starfleet. 

 

Be honest, it's crap. Even Discovery feels more like Star Trek, and that's damning. 

Edited by The Bear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Picard is pretty bad. The first episode was enjoyable, possibly down to the novelty value, but it's not a good show (so far). Stewart is too old and just sounds like he's reading lines, the story has turned incomprehensible, the characters are all one dimensional, the Romulans have some weird blame on the Federation (where were their military?), and absolutely everyone seems to hate Picard - even Starfleet. 

 

Be honest, it's crap. Even Discovery feels more like Star Trek, and that's damning. 

Mods. 

 

MNeE7.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new series of Curb your Enthusiasm is brilliant as always.

 

Larry David is my fvckin hero.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/02/2020 at 11:28, Legend_in_blue said:

Finally started watching The Expanse (after a few recommendations) and after the opening two episodes I'm impressed.  If this is the weakest season of the lot, I think I'm going to enjoy this!

 

I thought it was the opposite personally, season one is the best for me. I liked it when it was a bit like a Detective show in space. 

 

You know how Firefly is set in space but it isn't really science fiction in the star trek sense? That's what I liked about Expanse season one. 

 

It turns in to a bit more of a typical Sci Fi and that's where it lost me really. 

Edited by Finnegan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched about 30 minutes of Hunters earlier on Prime...the opening scene is something else.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...