Jump to content
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

Recommended Posts

On 04/05/2020 at 04:04, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

 

First series is a bit infamous for being pony, 2 is better, 3 - 5 are absolutely incredible, 6-7 are superb. I think you'll like it mate. 

Finally on the last episode of season 1 **** me this is a drag!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/04/2020 at 18:22, Leicester_Loyal said:

Phoenix Nights.

 

If anyone hasn't watched this after all these years give it a go, absolutely bloody brilliant, I must have watched them about 100 times. Peter Kay is fantastic.

Just stuck it on ready for an all night session of class quotes.

 

'Rubber Burns? Weren't he a Scottish poet?'

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Finally on the last episode of season 1 **** me this is a drag!

Stick with it. You won't regret it, it does get so much better.  Honest. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Harry's Heroes is definitely worth a watch; 3 part series but really good watch. Especially for some of you old folks who'll remember watching them play in their prime.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Harry's Heroes is definitely worth a watch; 3 part series but really good watch. Especially for some of you old folks who'll remember watching them play in their prime.  

Watched first episode and far too many cocks on show lol

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Watched first episode and far too many cocks on show lol

 

Yeah but you warm to Merson in the end

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Yeah but you warm to Merson in the end

Haha touché. 

 

In all seriousness I couldn't agree more with him when he was back at the hotel and the lads were in the pub having it large, despite knowing Ruddock's illnesses. Especially given Merson has been through that, no doubt several times. 

 

And then even more when they had that argument the morning after. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Haha touché. 

 

In all seriousness I couldn't agree more with him when he was back at the hotel and the lads were in the pub having it large, despite knowing Ruddock's illnesses. Especially given Merson has been through that, no doubt several times. 

 

And then even more when they had that argument the morning after. 

Yeah definitely. All giving it the big un that they're worried but completely enabling him. It took courage for Merson to say what he did

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Yeah definitely. All giving it the big un that they're worried but completely enabling him. It took courage for Merson to say what he did

Remember in the last series when Merson went awol and blew 50K on gambling in one sitting. Came back a right state and checked himself into rehab again. Sad viewing that was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Haha touché. 

 

In all seriousness I couldn't agree more with him when he was back at the hotel and the lads were in the pub having it large, despite knowing Ruddock's illnesses. Especially given Merson has been through that, no doubt several times. 

 

And then even more when they had that argument the morning after. 

Used to dislike the bloke from the random shit he'd come out with when working for sky. But have to admit, major respect for him having learnt all the crap he's battled through. Bigger respect for then standing up to them all to try to help Ruddock.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/05/2020 at 11:18, MC Prussian said:

White Lines - any good?

 

Watched it, 9 and a half of the 10 episodes are great, but the ending just seems a bit silly. Seems to be a recurring theme at the moment with a lot of new series. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've watched 2 episodes of White Lines and it's been a bit of a chore to be honest. I'll stick with it for now but it's been a disappointment so far.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks interesting ....  will give it a go ...  9.00pm tonight ...   Beeb 2 ...

 

 

97A35C5B-6AD0-4886-9650-7D9231FAA7AA.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anybody watched Batwoman yet? I’ve always loved the comics as a kid but Marvel have taken superhero viewing to a new level and I wondered if it’s worth bothering with?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Looks interesting ....  will give it a go ...  9.00pm tonight ...   Beeb 2 ...

 

 

97A35C5B-6AD0-4886-9650-7D9231FAA7AA.jpeg

Was good and very sad. Didn't like the faux optimism at the end. I don't hold out much hope for Slattery to be honest. Really felt for his Partner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Mint23 said:

Has anybody watched Batwoman yet? I’ve always loved the comics as a kid but Marvel have taken superhero viewing to a new level and I wondered if it’s worth bothering with?

It was okay. If you like the other CW comic shows you'll probably like it. 

 

Ruby Rose has announced she won't be back for season 2 though so they'll have to recast. Dunno whether that's a good or bad thing as she was pretty hit and miss. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SecretPro said:

Was good and very sad. Didn't like the faux optimism at the end. I don't hold out much hope for Slattery to be honest. Really felt for his Partner. 


Yes I agree ..   the guy was on everything then just disappeared ..   I had no idea.  Was quite tragic.   Couldn’t believe it took them all that time to confirm the big problem was his drinking.   And yes his partner was a real brick ...  take my hat off to the bloke. The programme reminded me of a similar one about David Cassidy ...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mint23 said:

Has anybody watched Batwoman yet? I’ve always loved the comics as a kid but Marvel have taken superhero viewing to a new level and I wondered if it’s worth bothering with?

Yeah, watched the whole season and really enjoyed it. One of the better superhero shows out there currently. Looking forward to S2. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/05/2020 at 21:19, Countryfox said:

We sort of fell into Normal People ..  saw it got excellent reviews ..  gentle romance but superbly done and very enjoyable ..  up to episode 5 ..

 

And bugger me Harry Maguire plays the lead role ..   so he does so he does ..  :)

 

"Gentle romance"?!? :blink: More like a tortured angst fest!

 

I'm up to episode 8 on I-Player now. I'm not saying it's rubbish. In fact, I think it's probably very good.

I'm just not sure it's the best viewing for me in the current circumstances - the two leads seem to experience an awful lot of misery in exchange for some good sex....some of the misery caused by stuff in the background, but a lot by themselves.

For fvck's sake, enjoy some happy times together for more than 5 minutes, will you?!

 

You're not wrong about the lead male being the spitting image of Harry Maguire, though! lol 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/05/2020 at 19:19, Unabomber said:

Finally on the last episode of season 1 **** me this is a drag!

Oh ffs I’m due to start this tonight. 
 

Is it possible to sack off the first series and know what’s going on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

 

"Gentle romance"?!? :blink: More like a tortured angst fest!

 

I'm up to episode 8 on I-Player now. I'm not saying it's rubbish. In fact, I think it's probably very good.

I'm just not sure it's the best viewing for me in the current circumstances - the two leads seem to experience an awful lot of misery in exchange for some good sex....some of the misery caused by stuff in the background, but a lot by themselves.

For fvck's sake, enjoy some happy times together for more than 5 minutes, will you?!

 

You're not wrong about the lead male being the spitting image of Harry Maguire, though! lol 

 

 


So he is .. so he is ..  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

normal people was weird. not sure what the point of it was. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Oh ffs I’m due to start this tonight. 
 

Is it possible to sack off the first series and know what’s going on?

I dunno but the first series is only 6 episodes. I’m on season 2 which is ok but still not great and that’s 24 episodes! Worth just smashing through season 1 and getting it over with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...