Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

9 hours ago, Webbo said:

I have to say, "It'll be alright on the night" isn't as funny as it used to be. Oh look, Jonathan Ross has stumbled a bit, hilarious. 

Johnathon Ross has eaten off the same few comedic routines his entire career. 

• Like 2
On 05/12/2020 at 09:50, ozleicester said:

cracking this.....

The Queen's Gambit (TV Mini-Series 2020) - IMDb

On 05/12/2020 at 12:51, Webbo said:

I finished it this morning. I think it's the best TV I've seen this year. 

This was mentioned several time in the Netflix thread. Excellent series that almost went under the radar. As was mentioned in the Netflix thread, you don't need to be a chess player to enjoy it.

I really enjoyed Queen's Gambit but the ending was a bit disappointing. 

She has this big match with the Russian, but we don't really see any of it other than the commentary, which is fine to start with. But the very end of the game she moves one piece one square to the left and he suddenly resigns with a big smile on his face and seems really happy about it? And there's no commentary to tell you what's just happened.

The Russian public seemingly love her instead of rooting for their own player, even though in that era they probably still distrusted Americans after the Cold War and Cuban Missile Crisis - Though my history isn't great on this subject I'm assuming that since her government guy warns her about leaving the hotel alone. 

Then she deliberately misses her flight home to go play in the park with the Russian geezers? And her chaperone guy from the government just drives off and leaves her? 

Was all a bit weird.

58 minutes ago, Fathead1981 said:

Started watching How to Get Away with Murder on Netflix last week and on series 4 already its highly addictive! based on law students and as per the title lots of murders, it is very high paced and so many twists and turns constantly i highly recommend it

Is it fact or fiction?

I’ve now seen The Queens gambit as recommended by Webster and Oz and agree it’s very good..  we really enjoyed it ..  even the ending. 

@Webbo @ozleicester ...   And the red headed lead was ..  well ...  errrr ...   very easy on the eye ..  very easy indeed.    
#dirtyoldmensclub. ..    :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 05/12/2020 at 21:33, Webbo said:

I have to say, "It'll be alright on the night" isn't as funny as it used to be. Oh look, Jonathan Ross has stumbled a bit, hilarious. 

It was crap

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

I’ve now seen The Queens gambit as recommended by Webster and Oz and agree it’s very good..  we really enjoyed it ..  even the ending. 

@Webbo @ozleicester ...   And the red headed lead was ..  well ...  errrr ...   very easy on the eye ..  very easy indeed.    
#dirtyoldmensclub. ..    :)

She was in Peaky Blinders as well. IIrc she blonde in that. 

• Like 1