Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Anthony Knockaert

Few years ago, a Guingamp player joined a Championshop team : Therry Racon, joining Charlton Athletic. You know this guy ?

we have a charlton fan on here who hangs around like a bad smell for reasons unknown. his name is Lamby. he probably knows him.

edit. i see he's at millwall too.

Yes, he's back to Guingamp (he played here during the 2004-2005 season) to compensate the leave of Anthony Knockaërt.

I really liked him when he was with SDR, he seems a pretty consistent goal scorer. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on how well he does next season.

Hello guys !

I'm a supporter of En Avant de Guingamp, the previous club of Anthony Knockaërt.

I confirm that Anthony is left footed, and not right footed (he's got quite a bad right foot).

At Guingamp, he was mainly used as a forward, in 4-4-2 system, and not as a winger. I think he's better playing associated with another forward, a striker (Jermain Beckford or Nugent for instance), but he can also be used as a winger in a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1 system. Playing on the left side, he would use his pace, acceleration, and tricks to offer assists (even if for the moment he really likes to keep the ball ...); playing on the right side, he would prefer to come in the center of the field and shoot or try a one-two with another player.

What I could add is that used as a winger, you will be sure he will help the team in the defensive work. He really runs (in french we say "run like a mad dog", don't know if an equivalent expression exists in english), and runs from the first second to ... to the second where he's "burnt" ^^.

I really think his football player style could fit to the English Fighting Spirit. You should not be disappointed. I just hope he will have the opportunities to show how talented he is.

Just for my information, what are the objectives of LCFC this season ? Reaching the top 6 in order to enter the play-offs ? Is the club (and the investor ^^) ambitious ?

Thanks for the information, personally i hope top 6 for Leicester this season. What do you think of Guingamp chances this season?

Didnt Drogba play for Guingamp at one stage?

Yes, Didier Drogba and Florent Malouda played together in Guingamp during the 2001-2002 and 2002-2003 seasons. Then one left to Marseille, and the other to Lyon.

I really liked him when he was with SDR, he seems a pretty consistent goal scorer. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on how well he does next season.

Fauré is a great striker, he's the top active L2 goalscorer with 97 goals. The best ever L2 top goalscorer is Samuel Michel (130 goals), who also played in Guingamp around year 2000.

Thanks for the information, personally i hope top 6 for Leicester this season. What do you think of Guingamp chances this season?

Last year, we finished 7th. We hope to do as well, and being in the top 6 would be a good season. I think this season it's too early for hoping a promotion, but maybe next season (2013-2014) could we have the squad to really compete the L2 top 3.

Archived