Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxyJulez

17year old Buying An Under 8 Ticket

Guest MattP

8 years old is taking the piss a bit.

I've done the under 16 ones a few times and just slip the operator a fiver if he asks. Use common sense, go at a busy time and be prepared. I don't really see a problem with it, football rips off the fans in this country anyway, certianly wouldnt feel any guilt about doing it back.

I am Studying my A levels only work part time and cannot afford to go to every lcfc game but for an under 18 ticket to be priced at £22 i find extremely high for someone my age.

As we have the new ticket system (barcode swipe) implemented, what is to stop me buying an under 8 ticket and scanning it in when i arrive?

How ridiculous lol.

Either pack your course in, work extra hours and save the money to fund being able to get for the under 18 ticket, or don't bloody go at all. I know quite a few people who feel prices are ridiculous at the club and have withdrawn to attend further matches unless prices decrease.

Many are in the same boat as you, but lol, don't try to be a smartarse to try and take an advantage of purchasing an under 8's ticket over a kid who would like to go themselves.

Even an 8 year old with better intelligence than you would believe this is a daft idea by you. :yesyes:

Guest MattP

Many are in the same boat as you, but lol, don't try to be a smartarse to try and take an advantage of purchasing an under 8's ticket over a kid who would like to go themselves.

This isn't really an issue until we sell out, there isn't a limit on how many concession tickets the club we sell.

No one is going to "miss out"

How ridiculous lol.

Either pack your course in, work extra hours and save the money to fund being able to get for the under 18 ticket, or don't bloody go at all. I know quite a few people who feel prices are ridiculous at the club and have withdrawn to attend further matches unless prices decrease.

Even an 8 year old with better intelligence than you would believe this is a daft idea by you. :yesyes:

what would you know about it oh silver spoon one.. lol

• 4 weeks later...

I am 17 and doing A-levels as well...

After 6 years I gave up my ST this year to try and earn a job (In fact I did it last season! After I couldn't find one I got a ST off a mate). Anyway no-where is recruiting young inexperienced people like me and possibly FoxyJulez. We can't get part-time jobs atm... However I went to the match yesterday paid £10. Decent and I don't mind sitting in the Family Stand. Honestly Don't try and cheat on an under 8 ticket, just go once a month like I am doing and just save. Times are tough. But you're bit foolish for paying £22 anyway .... why not pay £10 in the Family Stand???

I know times are hard and what not. football is a luxury but one that is last on the list of things to stop when cost cutting. For instance I'd probably sell my car before giving up my ST. I cant justify the cost to the missis, when we often go without holidays or breaks away just to fund my obsession.

Surely there are other things you can give up?

Jesus christ people going on here like he's scum of the earth and sh*gged their sister or something lol!

If he wants to try get in for a underage ticket at a discounted cost then let him, if he gets away with it fine, if not he'll learn his lesson.

Not everyone is as well off as some people on here, and we all have the same obsession which is following LCFC, if it means an extra body in the ground then why is everyone moaning?

If I couldn't afford my ST or away tickets like a few years back I would (and have for that matter) bought student tickets just so I can go. Does it affect any of the people moaning? No, it doesn't.

I find it strange that people moan about ticket prices but have no sympathy for those who are actually affected by them.

I don't think you can bluff your way in with an under 8 (as you need to be accompanied by an adult at that age I think, first of all).

But if someone wants to cheat the system, (say an under 16 ticket or whatever) I say fair play. They're only screwing over a greedy, major corporation.

I also don't see how this would negatively affect other 7 year olds. It's not like they're going to run out of under 8s tickets is it?

Do what you like, if you get caught, take it on the chin. If you get away with it, good on you, it's good to get bums on seats.

Don't be put off by judgemental goody two shoes. I'm sure you work hard doing A-levels and a part time job and people deserve to have some fun.

I'd be pissed off if I saved up to buy my game ticket, only to see the **** next to me getting in on an under-8 ticket.

Why? He was man enough to take the risk of getting caught instead of sitting at home accepting defeat, and you made your choice and were guaranteed entry. Everybody wins.

You could take the risk as well if you liked.

If I feel that prices are unreasonable then I'd try to get a cheaper ticket if I'm confident of securing one. Scunthorpe away, under Sven it was £17 for an U25 and £1 for U17!! I just waited until general sale, so they didn't have my details on record and pretended I was 16. A £16 gap for one year is ridiculous, so I exploited the chance like I'm sure many did. I think going as an U8 is taking the piss a bit, though.

Archived