Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
longy

Vinyl

On 12/28/2017 at 20:04, GeorgeTheFox said:

Just starting to collect vinyl. Very new to it however so any good websites or advice would be greatly appreciated chaps! 

I always check out slyvinyl for limited releases from smaller bands I might be into, it's pretty decent and I've got a fair few interesting things off there

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Bought Rumours. Been wanting for it for a bit.

Wonderful.

One of the first records I got when building up my collection, and it remains one of my most played. Every song is incredible, it feels almost like a best of compilation rather than a regular studio album.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thebartonfox said:

One of the first records I got when building up my collection, and it remains one of my most played. Every song is incredible, it feels almost like a best of compilation rather than a regular studio album.

Agree. I can see why critics call it one of the greatest records of all time.

The base on The Chain gets me everytime.

• 4 weeks later...
On 25/01/2018 at 16:28, TheLittleBigMan said:

I love me vinyl. Have over 1,000. None of them are in alphabetical order. 

Last buys: The Fall new facts emerge. Groove Armada Goodbye country hello nightclub and Stiff Little Fingers Live at Barrowland. 

Alphabetical order sucks I have a loose system but half the fun is trying to find something in your collection and getting distracted by something else you find while looking that you think wow haven’t listened to this in ages.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

RSD coming up next month as usual.

I've had a quick look, so there's a few that I'm interested in but The Kids Are Alright by The Who sticks out. (Double LP on red and blue vinyl) - features live version of My Generation and a couple of live versions from Woodstock (including Pinball Wizard :sweating:) ... This will probably be pricey, but that's what I've tried to start saving cash here and there!

Edited by Fox92

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

I've had a quick look, so there's a few that I'm interested in but The Kids Are Alright by The Who sticks out. (Double LP on red and blue vinyl) - features live version of My Generation and a couple of live versions from Woodstock (including Pinball Wizard :sweating:) ... This will probably be pricey, but that's what I've tried to start saving cash here and there!

RSD over priced. Some of the prices are rediculous

Many albums get repressed soon afterwards, not in colour, but at a better price

7 hours ago, Fox92 said:

5 hours ago, hairy said:

I've only just looked at a few releases. David Sylvian Dead bees on a cake £32.99 and a Hitchcock 7" @ £13.99.

RSD is such a rip off, anyone buying anything on the day must be mugs.

5 hours ago, hairy said:

34 minutes ago, Rocket-Ron said:

I've only just looked at a few releases. David Sylvian Dead bees on a cake £32.99 and a Hitchcock 7" @ £13.99.

RSD is such a rip off, anyone buying anything on the day must be mugs.

Tbh some are worth getting on the day. Last year I got my number one target which was Beatles Strawberry Fields/Penny Lane double a-side. Paid £14. I've seen it since but for no less than £20. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Tbh some are worth getting on the day. Last year I got my number one target which was Beatles Strawberry Fields/Penny Lane double a-side. Paid £14. I've seen it since but for no less than £20. 

I'm sorry calling people mugs for getting something they want is unfair and for that I apologise. 

But some of these releases and prices are just beyond belief. Sadly its becoming more like big label day than record store day! Where are all the exclusive releases that we used to get?

• Like 1

Waxwork on Queens Road https://www.facebook.com/WaxworksVinyl/

Nervous In Hinkley https://www.facebook.com/Nervous-Records-Hinckley-407827399295431/ Mostly second hand, but had some good finds in there. And the owner Gordon looks after my dog whilst I'm in there looking.

The Attic in Ashby https://www.facebook.com/TheAtticAshby/

Leicester is very dead for record shops.

1 hour ago, Samilktray said:

I came across a copy of Bizarre Ride II by The Pharcyde today in HMV and it was £46. Absolutely scandalous stuff, really would have liked it in my collection aswell

Loved the Spike Jones video for 'Drop'. 

moving house soon and just found a load of vinyl that I put away from my last move and forgot about. Will have fun listening to it. Found a couple of old Beatles singles that I'll put up on ebay too. unless our resident beatles fan wants them.

On 03/04/2018 at 12:20, FIF said:

moving house soon and just found a load of vinyl that I put away from my last move and forgot about. Will have fun listening to it. Found a couple of old Beatles singles that I'll put up on ebay too. unless our resident beatles fan wants them.

What you got? I don't have many Beatles singles on vinyl, I've got most of the albums.

Send us a link to your eBay listings...

• 3 weeks later...

Record Store Day today. 

Nothing on the list massively excited me this year, but I did end up getting the Blue Planet II double disk sound track. It's on transparent blue disks which looks pretty cool, and the sleeve will be a nice addition to my collection. Not what I would usually go for, but it is some beautiful music.