Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxesfan1989

The Darts

There was a thread but it was for the Premier League and there was one for the World's last year too. A new one is sound.

And yeah, Lewis follows Taylor and Wade out the GP. Loads of shocks. Nothing will come close to the Taylor/Thornton match yesterday, was a classic, that was a good game though. MVG looks top notch at the minute, but he did in the Matchplay and didn't win that, so depends if he can keep his rhythm going when he plays a slow paced Hamilton next round.

Kicking myself I didn't back him at the start though, layed The Power on Betfair because he hasn't had the best of form for the past few months or so but wasn't sure who to back. Guess as per once Taylor's gone it's anyone's game.

I saw that Mardle was backing Newton to win! Odd choice...but I guess I don't see enough of Newton as I mainly just watch the World Championship and the Prem league. I love to watch Van Gerwen though, hope he goes the distance. Never liked Lewis or Nicholson...both arrogant. Hopefully Paul will follow Aidy out the door next round.

Yeah, if Newton plays as well as some glimpses he's shown (a 9-darter at the Matchplay in the summer, as well as a final appearance in the Euros in the summer, for example) he's well in with a shout, especially now pretty much all the big guns are gone. It's anyone's game with Taylor, Lewis, Wade, Barney & even people you'd usually say have a shout like Whitlock and Gary Anderson are gone too.

If Newton wins this, and he really should, he's got Nicholson in the Quarters, which again he should win. Get to the semis and who knows. Should be a good few days and somebody will have to step up to the plate and take it.

As long as Justin Pipe doesn't win it im happy, yes he is a good player but he is just so slow and those silly celebrations are not funny they are embarrassing.

Hopefully Michael Van Gerwen takes the crown, had so much potential but couldn't live up to it until now, he is on excellent form and on that note he deserves it the most.

Newton overcame Nicholson and Dolan did it again in Ireland, beating Justin Pipe.

2/4 semi finalists in place, match of the night just started with MVG vs Hamilton, great darts so far, MVG takes the first set against the throw making Hammer pay for missing a big number in the final leg. MVG took out a boss 88 in two darts. Gonna be a good game this.

van Gerwen was cruising into the semis there, had 5 darts to win the match 3-1. Missed all 5 but it looked for all the world he'd have 3 more with Hamilton still out on 160 but he smashed it! Into a decider. Crackin' arrers.

van Gerwen was cruising into the semis there, had 5 darts to win the match 3-1. Missed all 5 but it looked for all the world he'd have 3 more with Hamilton still out on 160 but he smashed it! Into a decider. Crackin' arrers.

Indeed that checkout was sublime.

Two great players here.

Nice to see Pipe get knocked out, good to see a player doing well in his own country in Dolan, usually players/teams crack under pressure in front of home crowds, but Dolan just loves it.

I couldn`t believe that 160 finish lol

I've got van Gerwen in my accy, had Dolan, Newton, van Gerwen and Columbia to win in the footy. Columbia are winning, the other two have won, I was counting my money!

Unbelieveable.

Sluts galore tonight, have the Crystal Palace thread now these Walk on Girls...I wonder if they are wearing zebra print thongs :rolleyes:

Going for Thornton in this one.

BDO Darts is on ESPN, Tony O'Shea versus some right cocky looking t**t.

Had a bit of money on King in an accy with a few other things. Most of them have come in (Argentina still to play). Looking quite nice at the moment, touch wood, King is throwing very consistent darts. 2-0 up and with the throw in this set. 6 180s already and he just doesn't miss the 8s and 16s. Very professional.

Maybe he does miss 16s, took him about 12 darts to get off in that leg and he ended up using the last few darts as target practice lol.

Up and running tonight. MvG vs Newton. Going to be another cracker and probably a very close game.

First leg MvG kicks off with a 160 and Newton takes out 330 with 6 darts going 180-150 to break in the first leg. You can tell this is going to be boss.

Top, top performance from MvG. Was close for the first 3 sets but he was edging all the big legs, then he took Newton apart. Won it 5-1.

Can't see either King or Dolan getting close to him.

Eerily quiet now, King is just playing better than Dolan. To be expected really, he's a better player and he didn't let the crowd rile him at the start. Now they've been well and truly silenced.

Eerily quiet now, King is just playing better than Dolan. To be expected really, he's a better player and he didn't let the crowd rile him at the start. Now they've been well and truly silenced.

And right on cue Dolan bangs in a 170 finish to take the third set 3-0. Game on. Crowd alive.

Archived