Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

Safe Standing - Support the Early Day motion

Done, we need as many individual e mails to each MP as possible to get them to add their support. The time is right to get this through so let's support it.

Just go to

Www.writetothem.com

and enter your postcode and it gives you a direct message facility to your MP

• Like 1

Done.

I used www.writetothem.com following the tip on here which is a piece of p*ss.

For the lazy, here's my letter to cut and paste into your own:

I hope you will agree with me that we need some pilot trials for safe standing areas in premiership and championship football clubs.

Most matches that I attended since 1994 have a small number of supporters who have chosen to stand in the seated areas without incident or bad behaviour. I believe that with appropriate management it can be a safe way to enjoy watching a football match.

I hope you add your support to early day motion 573:

http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2012-13/573

to support this pilot.

Yours sincerely,

Done.

I used www.writetothem.com following the tip on here which is a piece of p*ss.

For the lazy, here's my letter to cut and paste into your own:

I hope you will agree with me that we need some pilot trials for safe standing areas in premiership and championship football clubs.

Most matches that I attended since 1994 have a small number of supporters who have chosen to stand in the seated areas without incident or bad behaviour. I believe that with appropriate management it can be a safe way to enjoy watching a football match.

I hope you add your support to early day motion 573:

http://www.parliamen...edm/2012-13/573

to support this pilot.

Yours sincerely,

It would be best to write your own, it'll only take a few minutes and because most of us are from leicestershire we dont want to send the exact same worded emails to the same MP's.

I feel dirty. I just emailed a Tory.

Dear James Morris,

I am writing to urge you to vote in favour of Early Day Motion 573, which is a trial of safe standing areas at football grounds.

The current restrictions on standing at football followed the tragedy at Hillsborough in the late 80s. Following recent findings which absolved fans attending the game at Hillsborough from causing the tragedy, surely it is a nonsense to continue to prevent supporters standing to watch football if they so wish.

Standing at football would also allow higher attendances and cheaper ticket prices. This would benefit local businesses through associated expenditure and also allow younger or less well off people the chance to follow their local teams. These groups are often priced out of attending football matches due to the high price of seating at football stadia.

As a football fan, I know that the return of standing areas is a very important issue with other football fans and is a very well supported viewpoint. It would be a popular decision to back Early Day Motion 573.

I urge you to give due consideration to EDM 573 and vote on the side of freedom and choice over pointless regulation.

Yours sincerely,

Me

Edited by Deucalion

Don't worry you are not alone I had to do it as well but needs must.

I felt like adding a rant at the end about growing up on a council estate in 80s Britain but I managed to resist! I must be mellowing in my old age! lol

Also, just discovered George Osborne and I have given our cats the same name!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-19967916

Edited by Deucalion
  • Like 1