Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DANGEROUS TIGER

Scottish Football

How are the other clubs the petulant ones here?

Because they punished a football club's players and supporters for nothing they had actually done purely out of spite.

The statement sums it up better than I could.

“Rangers Football Club will not be taking its allocation of tickets for the forthcoming Scottish Cup match against Dundee United at Tannadice.

“This is a unanimous decision by the board, senior management and staff at Ibrox. Everyone at this club is dismayed at the actions of certain SPL clubs, which were actively engaged in trying to harm Rangers when we were in a perilous situation and we are acutely aware of their attitude to us.

“Not all clubs who voted against Rangers returning to the SPL fall into that category and indeed we made Motherwell very welcome when we played them at Ibrox in the League Cup competition recently.

“However, feelings remain very raw and it should be no surprise that we as a club feel this way.

"It is unsurprising too that there has been a reaction from our supporters to this particular fixture.

“The last thing we as a club want to do is to compromise security arrangements for any match.

Rangers and their fans really need to grow up.

I think you'll find they are actually having a great time touring all the small Scottish towns during the season. The ones I go with when I go up there have said it's been one of the best seasons ever.

But that doesnt change the fact some clubs went out of their way to do as much damage to Rangers as possible and that won't be forgotton and they can pay the penalty for that over the next few years.

Follow Follow.

How about moving Rangers into the Blue Square North taking the league up to 24 teams instead of its current 22.

Not sure about your maths there champ.

You seem surprised that they got more than celtic...the reason was obvious, dirt cheap tickets.

No chance would Celtic get that in Division Three. We all know it.

Because they punished a football club's players and supporters for nothing they had actually done purely out of spite.

The statement sums it up better than I could.

Or, they punished a football club because it had repeatedly broke the rules?

Rangers persistently broke the rules, got caught and punished - and now you're saying it was done out of spite? No, it was done because the rest of the clubs weren't particularly happy at the idea of letting a team get away with the level of cheating Rangers had got up to.

Frankly, the huns need to grow up, lose their victim complex and acknowledge that this is down to them breaking so many ****ing rules.

I think you'll find they are actually having a great time touring all the small Scottish towns during the season. The ones I go with when I go up there have said it's been one of the best seasons ever.

But that doesnt change the fact some clubs went out of their way to do as much damage to Rangers as possible and that won't be forgotton and they can pay the penalty for that over the next few years.

Follow Follow.

That's all well and good, but the temper tantrums thrown by Rangers' club officials and (if not a majority, then at least a quite vocal contingent of) fans at every decision along the way are unnecessary. Administration, SPL/SFL membership votes, SFA action, new ownership, liquidation, this... Every one of these was greeted like a sick kid kicking and screaming because he didn't want to take his medicine because it tastes bad.

Rules are rules, and laws are laws; they don't automatically get waived in Rangers' case just because they have a lot of fans. The other SPL clubs were all aware of what they would be missing. It's also disgraceful that Rangers' sole bargaining tactic these days is passive-aggressiveness.

The new chapter in the Rangers story could be all about new beginnings, and things like what you wrote above. But while it's nice that some Rangers fans are enjoying themselves, and the club is making new friends in the Third Division, Charles Green is only making matters worse between his club and the Scottish clubs Rangers really want to play in the league (or, as some here think, the clubs Rangers have some special right to play in the league). I'm sure you and a lot of other Rangers fans have lots of contempt for Stephen Johnson, but now Rangers are in a childish spat with the likes of Stephen Thompson that will achieve nothing--I don't see how this makes Rangers look like the good guys.

We can all throw insults around timmy eh.

Fact is the Scottish premier league have ****ed up and they know it.

No surrender Charles green !

Rangers have held the money that they can help earn for the rest of SPL as hostage, with a place in the top flight as their ransom. Kudos to the rest of the clubs for telling them what they could do with those demands before this season started.

While I admit that the new SFL/PL league proposal is nonsense, they still threw Rangers a bone because this gives them one less year to win promotion to the top flight. But equally ridiculous is Charles Green's idle threat to withdraw Rangers from Scottish football when he himself even admits this is impossible. But I suppose he wants FIFA and perhaps the English FA to bend over backwards for him as he wanted the SPL to before.

Edited by Jordan

I don't, dirt cheap tickets...no problem.

And that's another sad thing about Rangers fans. Not that Celtic fans don't often show an unhealthy obsession with their arch-rival, but I doubt you'll find many Celtic fans wondering about how many Rangers fans would travel to Turin for a Champions League round of 16 game with Juventus. Rangers fans cannot be in Division Three without fantasizing about Celtic being in a similar predicament, however.

If Rangers' support is so great, why are their fans so insecure about it?

FFS.

If I want to hear adherents of the old firm slagging each other off with a torrent of what they call up here "whatabootery", I will open a window.

:(

The game up here is better off without the bigot brothers at each other's throats.

If only Celtic would bugger off, too.

• Like 2

No it wouldn't!

Anyway, I'm amazed Green is so against it. It sounds shit to me but it also sounds like a "Get Rangers back to the Premier League as quickly as possible", project. If as expected the go up this year, rather than still being two divisions away from the top flight they'll be one promotion away.

Nope they will be put in the bottom league again. Still 2 promotions away.

And that's another sad thing about Rangers fans. Not that Celtic fans don't often show an unhealthy obsession with their arch-rival, but I doubt you'll find many Celtic fans wondering about how many Rangers fans would travel to Turin for a Champions League round of 16 game with Juventus. Rangers fans cannot be in Division Three without fantasizing about Celtic being in a similar predicament, however.

If Rangers' support is so great, why are their fans so insecure about it?

I've not heard one Rangers fan talk about it.

You sure it not a pisstake from the Seville stories a few years back?

Conference clubs will next week discuss plans to invite Rangers into the fifth tier of English football.

Clubs from the Blue Square Bet Premier will join lower level counterparts from the Conference North and South on Monday for a mid-season review.

And chairman Brian Lees has admitted that last week’s vow by Charles Green to flit south will be on the agenda after 18 of his member clubs expressed tentative support for the idea.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2262755/Rangers-eye-place-English-Conference-Charles-Green-protest-SFL-restructure.html#ixzz2I58DuJ9D