Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DANGEROUS TIGER

Scottish Football

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Burnley players' perception of him may alter after this incident.

They (and many football fans that have heard about this story) don't know what triggered Barton to go off on one at Rangers, and may think they'll have to be extra careful in what to say to him incase he could do it again.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/joey-bartons-top-30-mad-1285925

UPDATED 14:29, 21 OCT 2013

This was printed nearly 3 years ago and he already had a top 30 mad moments.

I like Mark Warburton but I think he's made errors in his recruitment this summer. If you look at Rangers and Celtic squads from the past there has always been a strong Scottish core in the side, normally players cherry picked from fellow SPL clubs.

His recruitment policy got them out of the Championship and he's followed the same pattern, bringing in Lower League English based players and a few high profile players. He needed some good SPL players to build the team up and add a few special flair players to give them that extra edge. Nothing wrong with Waggy, Tavernier etc, but it's pointless bringing un qucik fix players like Kranjcar, Barton and Hill. Even signed Senderos who I thought had retired years ago!

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 16:38, Wymeswold fox said:

Joey Barton charged over 44 betting offences.

Really thought he'd not do anything wrong at Rangers but obvious it's the other way.

If you want to avoid doing anything wrong the old firm are probably the 2 clubs you should avoid, every move you make is analyzed and seized upon in the media, its a goldfish bowl up there on par with Barca/Real Madrid, AC Milan/Inter.

• 2 months later...

This should maybe be posted in the Scottish Societal Problems thread, rather than the Scottish Football thread, but later today, Rangers v Celtic takes place.

When it was announced that they would be playing at lunch time on 31/12/16, most of us living in Glasgow were incredulous. They couldn't be THAT stupid, could they?

I don't expect trouble at the match, that will be policed to within an inch of its life.

What IS to be expected, however, is that many of the armchair viewers and hangers on will start drinking when the game starts, then carry on drinking all afternoon and into the night, then cause mayhem by the time the bells strike.

It's not just people in pubs, it's the usual old firm related violence and domestic abuse across the housing schemes of West and central Scotland, magnified by a whole day's drinking.

I was interviewing a policeman at work yesterday and he told me that he and his colleagues are dreading this evening.

Maybe because a lot of people fear the worst and, like me, will stay away from the city centre, it won't be so bad, but it looks to me like those who decided this fixture have invited trouble.

Fingers crossed I'm wrong.

Oh, and as far as the game is concerned, I can't see past Celtic pumping the Rangers. 

Hate them both.

Thought it was a brilliant game. Had to laff at Miller's miss near the end though.

Sinclair rocks at this level, as does Dembele...the latter surely destined to play at a better level.

Its got to get more competitive in Scotland though. Celtic's dominance is ridiculous really.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Thought it was a brilliant game. Had to laff at Miller's miss near the end though.

Sinclair rocks at this level, as does Dembele...the latter surely destined to play at a better level.

Its got to get more competitive in Scotland though. Celtic's dominance is ridiculous really.

The word Competitive does not belong in scottish top fight football unless we are talking about relegation places to 3rd place

• 1 month later...
On 2/3/2017 at 15:34, Finnegan said:

Gotta love how pointless Scottish football can be. 

Newly promoted team, second in the league, sack the manager. lol

The points gap between 1st & 2nd is bigger than the points gap between 2nd and last. Truly is the most pointless league. Even Tottenham could win it!

On ‎03‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 15:34, Finnegan said:

Gotta love how pointless Scottish football can be. 

Newly promoted team, second in the league, sack the manager. lol

they should just give Celtic the league trophy and parade at the start of the season and then see if anyone can beat them and make them look foolish and least it would be a spectacle instead of the intepid boringness of Scottish football

On 06/02/2017 at 06:15, TiffToff88 said:

The points gap between 1st & 2nd is bigger than the points gap between 2nd and last. Truly is the most pointless league. Even Tottenham could win it!

Dont be daft.  In a one horse race they would finish second

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 2