Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DANGEROUS TIGER

Scottish Football

• 4 weeks later...
On 29/06/2017 at 22:50, Wymeswold fox said:

Just noticed that Rangers have made a few decent signings.

Can see them giving it a good go with Celtic next season, if they bed in well as a team.

lol 

they won't get within 10-15 points of Celtic 

the gap between them keeps getting bigger in every way 

There was a meaningless penalty shoot-out in a competitive game today. Hearts v Dunfermline in the League Cup which is a group stage at this moment, 2-2 draw which meant Dunfermline won the group, Hearts go out but there has to be a winner in each game for a bonus point and Hearts players did their best to get off the pitch by blazing three of four wildly over the bar.

The Hearts manager, judging by the crowd reaction and the pundits opinions, won't be there much longer.

• Like 1

A bit late, but their league season hasn't even started and I'm already bored of seeing shit from Celtic & Rangers. Celtic fans were arseholes at the weekend, then it'll be Rangers at some point soon. I couldn't imagine actually supporting someone outside of the old firm up there, they'd drive me mad. 

As for the football, I reckon Pedro Caixinha is a fraud and if Rangers are farting about again they could end up behind Aberdeen and Hibs. 

I heard Leigh Griffiths got heckled at the airport heading for Rosenborg earlier. Apparently he angrily reacted back in exchange.

He's a decent striker, but his persona seems a lot to be desired for...

14 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

I heard Leigh Griffiths got heckled at the airport heading for Rosenborg earlier. Apparently he angrily reacted back in exchange.

He's a decent striker, but his persona seems a lot to be desired for...

He got called a paedo by a Rangers fan and replied by saying "your club's dead mate, beat it."

He's done some shady stuff in the past but fair play to him there, nothing wrong with that.

• Like 2

On 01/08/2017 at 17:41, RonnieTodger said:

A bit late, but their league season hasn't even started and I'm already bored of seeing shit from Celtic & Rangers. Celtic fans were arseholes at the weekend, then it'll be Rangers at some point soon. I couldn't imagine actually supporting someone outside of the old firm up there, they'd drive me mad. 

As for the football, I reckon Pedro Caixinha is a fraud and if Rangers are farting about again they could end up behind Aberdeen and Hibs. 

The politics side of it all is so annoying.

Rangers fans singing 'God save the queen'. It's just so cringe. 

Guest MattP
On 03/08/2017 at 09:32, Fox92 said:

The politics side of it all is so annoying.

Rangers fans singing 'God save the queen'. It's just so cringe. 

It's better than Celtic fans singing to mock the death of Lee Rigby though.

Don't get the bash Scottish football thing myself, nation of 5 million people, the leagues been ruined by rangers going bust and the spl being over shadowed by the premier league.

it is what it is like every other national league in nations of a similar size.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MattP said:

It's better than Celtic fans singing to mock the death of Lee Rigby though.

This is what I mean.

Why don't they all just turn up and sing about their clubs not politics. 

Guest MattP
26 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

This is what I mean.

Why don't they all just turn up and sing about their clubs not politics. 

Because it's so deep rooted in them it will take generations to shift. 

To be fair it did the league good, it made it interesting. Without the ugly sectarianism that went with it Celtic v Rangers was just another crap derby in a cap league. The hatred made people take interest.

Probably why the Scottish FA weren't that arsed in clamping down on it for so long.

I actually don't mind Scottish football and want to get up to Easter Road this season, it's odd how the quality has plummeted though, that happened long before Rangers went bust.

When I was growing up the league had Gascoigne, Larsson, Brian Laudrup, the DeBoers, Numan, Hartson, Bellamy, Lennon.

Griffiths could cut it down here but the division is woefully short on that bracket of quality.

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

So much hate.

The sectarian songbook is out again.

I wish both clubs would just bugger off somewhere else.  

Scottish football would be better for it, i.e. actually competitive.

More importantly, maybe several hundred wives and kids fewer would be clouted by the disappointed bigot in their family when these games are on.

Sigh...

• Like 3