Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DANGEROUS TIGER

Scottish Football

10 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Celtic selling Moussa Dembélé to Olympique Lyon for £16m. Tidy business for a player they paid 30 times less two and a half years ago.

Without sounding patronising, it's a decent profit for them. Shame Scottish football has little reputation giving the teams more income/transfer money. Eye opener when you read non league/league sometimes earn the same/more than the SPL

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Without sounding patronising, it's a decent profit for them. Shame Scottish football has little reputation giving the teams more income/transfer money. Eye opener when you read non league/league sometimes earn the same/more than the SPL

I  think that says more about the stability being risked on some non league clubs that anything else.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Scottish football has always been a stepping stone, with the exception of a couple of the Souness years at Rangers, when English internationals went in the other direction. In recent years there's been Van Dijk, Robertson now Dembele, amongst others. Whilst the overall quality isn't as strong as some other leagues, it's a decent proving ground for players with ambitions to come to the premier league.

I mentioned this in the Benkovic thread, Scottish teams take the odd tanking in European competition but very rarely is it an English club that thrashes them, despite the huge disparity in earnings from one league to another. When it comes to an all British affair, Scottish clubs, with the odd exception, do just fine. Celtic have more or less held their own against both Manchester clubs in recent years and you can go all the way back to Rangers beating then English champions Leeds home and away in the European cup in 1992. The only thrashing I can remember was the all conquering Liverpool beating Alex Ferguson's Aberdeen 5-0 over two legs in 1980. There's bound to be a few since then that I've forgotten but, for the most part, the ties tend to be relatively even.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

This is so fvcking weird. I've watched this 10 times and I've got no idea what's happened. 

Off the bar, in to the net, probably hit the bottom of the net where it's held down in to the ground and bounced out. It should definitely be a goal. 

Just watched the highlights, terrible game of football by the looks of it.

Gerrard has made a great start but they have loads of work still to do to get on a par with the fiddlers.

• 3 weeks later...

At this rate, with Celtic losing at Kilmarnock after conceding a last-minute goal, it's going to be a very interesting title race.

Personally can't see Hearts maintaining their excellent start.

Naismiths' penalty miss yesterday may well have been a massive chance blown to strengthen their grip..

It seems as if the English FA isn't the only one that needs a shake-up..
The area will be chaotic all day.

Is the SPFL right to play both semi-finals on the same day at Hampden?

Thank you for voting. Here are the current results.

Yes 6%
No 94%

You have reached the maximum number of votes allowed.
This vote will close at 1600 BST on 30 September 2018.
Edited by Wymeswold fox