Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cacabolsa

Peterborough Away

Just heard confirmation that the away standing terrace (that was due for demolition before Christmas) is now going to be open until end of February.

Good news for us as we play them at London Road 9th February.

So rather than getting 1- 2000 seats in the rickety old stand, we'll have that whole away end, and the choice to sit or stand.

Always a good day out and this season the way things are going they could be relegated before we play them.

Rumours are that Peterborough are going to shelve any ground developements and keep the standing terraces for foreseeable future when relegation happens.

Really seems like they're holding on to try and make the case for a safe standing area, fair play to them. The longer that terrace is there, the more examples we can point to that standing at matches is perfectly safe. In any case, I look forward to visiting again, even though the end was pretty awful last year.

It's sad to think that it'll probably be the last ever league game that Leicester fans will ever be able to stand up (legitimately atleast) all game. End of an era.

Yeh but there's always the cup. We went years not playing Peterborough after the introduction of all seaters, so the end of an era was really 1994.

Of course if we stay in this division there's always a chance of other clubs coming up who have terracing.

Oh no, we have to go back to that terrace, haven't they leant from all the injuries and accidents we have had there in the last few years when playing them recently.

They do their bit in the home end by not cramming too many people in.

Lad at work is a steward and they were told they had to start the construction by October as they had already had two postponements on the plans,think they took a ticket booth out and re built it,to say they had started .Cant say I blame them,there are a few clubs who bring large followings to London Road and provide a fair bit of revenue to a small club,the lad at work said Blackburn took 1000 last sat,in a crowd of 5900.

Huh, we took 7848 to the City Ground in a crowd of 18477. ;)

no,what I was trying to say was regarding their poor home crowds,meaning they had under 5k at home when you take off Blackburns support,so poor income through the gates.So they need support such as us,Leeds etc to fill the ground,so I can understand them postponing the construction until we have played them.

• 1 month later...

I know this is still a while away but I'm looking forward to this. Are we likely to get full 4,000 allocation? Not been since the League 1 season, how many have we taken the last couple of years?

yep,mate at work steward at Peterborough said tickets on sale for home fans today and we have 4700 ....get in.

I'm hoping to go skiing 23rd feb,better be some tickets left when I get back,but willing topay over the odds as so local to me.

this'll be the one that shows whether standing really does boost atmosphere or whether it'll be just another dire away day

There's no doubt standing improves it, but Peterborough last year was actually terrible, one of the worst I can remember, everything about it was just shite.

There's no doubt standing improves it, but Peterborough last year was actually terrible, one of the worst I can remember, everything about it was just shite.

I knew it was going to be a shit day when the lad behind me vomited all over the terrace. League one season it was immense, sadly we were wank, every subsequent season it's just been mergh.

I knew it was going to be a shit day when the lad behind me vomited all over the terrace. League one season it was immense, sadly we were wank, every subsequent season it's just been mergh.

Story of our away support to be fair.

Archived