Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
rico

70s Classics

51 minutes ago, Line-X said:

We'll see you in court they said...but Elastica wisely settled outside. 

I had heard of Wire before, but only started to notice „Pink Flag“ after watching a documentary on Punk and Post-Punk in Düsseldorf in the late 70ies. Wire played at the Ratinger Hof in 1978 and it was like a kickstarter for many local bands to proceed with their careers.

There‘s so much great stuff on that album, never get tired listening to it. It has aged very well over the past 40 years and you can tell how influential it has been ever since and still is. Pixies, New Wave, Grunge, Britrock/Britpop, ... they all borrowed heavily from Wire.

49 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

I had heard of Wire before, but only started to notice „Pink Flag“ after watching a documentary on Punk and Post-Punk in Düsseldorf in the late 70ies. Wire played at the Ratinger Hof in 1978 and it was like a kickstarter for many local bands to proceed with their careers.

There‘s so much great stuff on that album, never get tired listening to it. It has aged very well over the past 40 years and you can tell how influential it has been ever since and still is. Pixies, New Wave, Grunge, Britrock/Britpop, ... they all borrowed heavily from Wire.

Absolutely. They were truly progressive in that they never did the same thing twice. Although they were branded post-punk they were actually part of the first wave, so like Television before them, defined the template 'post-punk'...pre - post-punk, if that makes sense. Actually, much that fell into the category of post punk was in fact bland and insipid New Wave imo.

Chairs Missing is in my opinion their best work. They played in Leicester last week.

1 hour ago, rico said:

Have you seen them on tour?

Might do Cov next year

Nope - only back in 1980-81.

Hadn't realised until recently that they were even touring, though was aware that they did a few one-off gigs a couple of years back.

I'd have gone if they'd played Leicester but might be too lazy to travel to Cov!

New album in the pipeline, I see.....though how good it'll be with Jobbo and no Stuart, I don't know. The post-Adamson early 80s stuff was a bit "mixed".

Maybe Jobbo's songwriting has improved with age or Bruce Watson might be a good influence?

Novelty fact: did you know that Jobbo was married to Mariella Frostrup during the Skids era of fame? An unlikely combination!

• Like 1

Bowie offered this to Mott the Hoople but didn't like their version and did it himself

Hunter took over the song writing and the rest as they say is history apart from Ronson joining Hoople

Then spending many years til his death of cancer.......... RIP Mick, Bowies best ever guitarist

Dudes was followed by this self penned track

Dale RIP

Edited because I wanted to find this track and show just how good Ronson was......... Brilliant

Ps: Hunter's 78 and still going.

Edited by Chico1958
  • Like 2