Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The People's Hero

FAO People who know about cars!

You can't afford More wives. I like the S max, and there are only going to be four of us! I am reliably informed that you need extra seats for friends after school. I have however promised a Discovery if certain conditions are met ;)

You make a sound point.

I'm not sure I can see my wife driving a Discovery about - and I certainly can't afford one.

Its also the running costs that put me off.

At least I'll be claiming a few more quid from the pot in child benefit, have that taxpayers!

What you get will go on providing for them for the next 20 years unless you introduce them to chavism.

What you get will go on providing for them for the next 20 years unless you introduce them to chavism.

Not sure how true it is, but I've heard it said that the word CHAV original from CHAtham, just a few short miles away.

Maidstone, Chatham, Gillingham and a few other large towns around here are absolutely disgusting places really.

I won't really need to introduce them to Chavism, but hopefully they won't join the massed hordes.

Lots of secondhand discos for £20k around.

And get the snip before you need a bus :)

I think the wife wants a girl. If these 2 are boys, I might have just one more go!

Just spec'd one out. The 'free' colour is plain white, anything else is over £500, with some colours nearly £1,000.

WHAT?

I'm going to have to tell my wife they only come in white (when I've bought the demonstrator anyway)

Who paints it, Banksy?!

• 1 month later...

Got an S Max. Picking it up on Thursday.

Has 7 seats and I only have 1 kid with 2 more on the way.

Wondering if I should take up smoking and heavy drinking, have 5 kids, get a bigger house for free and never work again in my life.

How many kids gives you the premium level of benefit income per expense? Anyone? Serious question.

Got an S Max. Picking it up on Thursday.

Has 7 seats and I only have 1 kid with 2 more on the way.

Wondering if I should take up smoking and heavy drinking, have 5 kids, get a bigger house for free and never work again in my life.

How many kids gives you the premium level of benefit income per expense? Anyone? Serious question.

Well done! New? Seconhand? Demo? Is it white??

• 4 years later...
1 hour ago, Yastafox said:

Has anyone bought a car diagnostic scanner/reader before? Sick of paying £40 to a garage just to plug it in and read the error code to me. Seen quite a few online but can anyone recommend a decent one?

Cheers 

Make friends with your local garage.  I've never paid for the plug in, just the servicing.

5 hours ago, Yastafox said:

Has anyone bought a car diagnostic scanner/reader before? Sick of paying £40 to a garage just to plug it in and read the error code to me. Seen quite a few online but can anyone recommend a decent one?

Cheers 

Are you talking about an OBD reader? Ive had one for years. Cant recommend one as im in Canada  but if thats the same unit do get one. Saves me quite a bit of money.

Google a few and go with one that has good reviews.

10 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Are you talking about an OBD reader? Ive had one for years. Cant recommend one as im in Canada  but if thats the same unit do get one. Saves me quite a bit of money.

Google a few and go with one that has good reviews.

Go to any Car forum and there will be multiple threads on which one to buy. The Saab one is here....

Link 1

Link 2

22 hours ago, Yastafox said:

Cheers 

Even if you tell them error code, they would probably still want to do their own plug in to read the error code to make sure anyway?  

Archived