Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Golf

Right, I thought i'd set up a thread for folk on here to chew the fat about golf. This thread can be about anything golf related, whether it's professional golf tournaments taking place, betting on such events or playing golf yourself etc.

I will mainly focus my attentions towards the betting element as I only play about 10-15 times a year now and enjoy gambling and drinking more. :)

I'll be posting my weekly selections for the European Tour and PGA Tour, as I mentioned in the betting thread, i've followed a golf betting system website for quite some time and they had an exceptional year last year and were over 250+ points up by the end of 2012, big dough.

This weeks selections are as follows:

Farmers Insurance Open (PGA Tour)

1) Rickie Fowler @ 33/1 2 points e/w

2) Scott Piercy @ 40/1 1 point e/w

3) Jonas Blixt @ 70/1 1 point e/w

4) Bo Van Pelt @ 33/1 1 point e/w

Qatar Open (European Tour)

1) Henrik Stenson @ 22/1 1.5 points e/w (loves it round this course and I love him too. Scandinavian dream)

2) George Coetzee @ 30/1 1.5 points e/w

3) Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano @ 40/1 1 point e/w

4) Thongchai Jaidee @ 45/1 1pt e/w

5) Darren Fichardt @ 200/1 0.5 points e/w

6) Darren Fichardt @ 150/1 0.5 points e/w to be First Round Leader

22 points in total, i'm starting with a bank of 100 points. Let's see how I get on. Feel free to join in.

Right, I thought i'd set up a thread for folk on here to chew the fat about golf. This thread can be about anything golf related, whether it's professional golf tournaments taking place, betting on such events or playing golf yourself etc.

I will mainly focus my attentions towards the betting element as I only play about 10-15 times a year now and enjoy gambling and drinking more. :)

I'll be posting my weekly selections for the European Tour and PGA Tour, as I mentioned in the betting thread, i've followed a golf betting system website for quite some time and they had an exceptional year last year and were over 250+ points up by the end of 2012, big dough.

This weeks selections are as follows:

Farmers Insurance Open (PGA Tour)

1) Rickie Fowler @ 33/1 2 points e/w

2) Scott Piercy @ 40/1 1 point e/w

3) Jonas Blixt @ 70/1 1 point e/w

4) Bo Van Pelt @ 33/1 1 point e/w

Qatar Open (European Tour)

1) Henrik Stenson @ 22/1 1.5 points e/w (loves it round this course and I love him too. Scandinavian dream)

2) George Coetzee @ 30/1 1.5 points e/w

3) Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano @ 40/1 1 point e/w

4) Thongchai Jaidee @ 45/1 1pt e/w

5) Darren Fichardt @ 200/1 0.5 points e/w

6) Darren Fichardt @ 150/1 0.5 points e/w to be First Round Leader

22 points in total, i'm starting with a bank of 100 points. Let's see how I get on. Feel free to join in.

Fowler e/w is also my pick.

Ignoring the Qatar Open.

Good luck.

Fowler e/w is also my pick.

Ignoring the Qatar Open.

Good luck.

Last year the betting system was very hot on the PGA Tour and not so on the European Tour. I tend to follow them for PGA Tour tips and my own knowledge for the Euro Tour, having said that i've took the plunge on some of their picks this week in Qatar.

Only had one bet at the Humana last week and managed to snare Brian Gay at 100/1. Golf is the only thing i really bet on consistently now days as you only need to get a couple up for the year and you're laughing.

Farmers

D.A Points 80/1 e.w (2 top 10'S at the course in the last 4 years)

John Rollins 50/1 e.w

Brandt Snedeker 14/1 e.w

Qatar Open

Sergio Garcia 14/1 e.w (Last 5 tourines at the course all in the top 20 including 3 top 5 finishes)

Thomas Bjorn 50/1 e.w

Ricardo Gonzalez 125/1 e.w

Ric what betting system do you use? I'm in a tipping comp on facebook sitting 6th out of about 250 largely due to my win at the Humana.

Also for those punting on the golf Qatar Open is a Wednesday tee-off so get your tips in.

Also done a head to head 72 hole match bet all my tips are in CAPITALS

SNEDEKER v woods

ROLLINS v hass

HUH v walker

GARCIA v kaymer

BJORN v anders hanson

LAWRIE v els

55/1

Edited by SOCCERROO FOX

Only had one bet at the Humana last week and managed to snare Brian Gay at 100/1. Golf is the only thing i really bet on consistently now days as you only need to get a couple up for the year and you're laughing.

Farmers

D.A Points 80/1 e.w (2 top 10'S at the course in the last 4 years)

John Rollins 50/1 e.w

Brandt Snedeker 14/1 e.w

Qatar Open

Sergio Garcia 14/1 e.w (Last 5 tourines at the course all in the top 20 including 3 top 5 finishes)

Thomas Bjorn 50/1 e.w

Ricardo Gonzalez 125/1 e.w

Ric what betting system do you use? I'm in a tipping comp on facebook sitting 6th out of about 250 largely due to my win at the Humana.

http://www.golfbettingsystem.co.uk/

I've joined their facebook tipping comp (might be the same one as yours?) only joined it this week though pal.

http://www.golfbettingsystem.co.uk/

I've joined their facebook tipping comp (might be the same one as yours?) only joined it this week though pal.

Yep one and the same, I don't tend to follow there picks mainly cos last year they were well down the leaderboard. I don't do the spread betting or the buying and laying on betfair. I normally just put my bets on at the start of the tournament for what i think i can win on, whether that's top Scandinavian or top Aussie or head to head. Don't really bet once the tournament is going. You will find some blokes on there cheering home a win but they have actually lost money as they've had too many bets and then hedged. So i like to just keep it simple and i'm up $2600 so far this year.

Just looked at the leaderboard i'm Michael who is coming 8th.

Do I have my usual cheeky £1 e/w on Song Moon Bae?

He's got the ability....

Followed him a lot at the start of last year after he dominated the 2011 Japanesse tour and qualified in the Q-School in the same year, agree has the talent after 2011 he was ranked about 26th in the world. Has the talent to probably win a major one day, But boy is he frustrating and inconsistent, his inconsisten even in his rounds for instance i remember being on track for a course record thru the front 9 in about March last year and ended up finishing the day even par. Even last week shot himself up to leaderboard with a 63 3rd round only to shot a 70 in the 4th.

I enjoy golf betting a lot.

Just wanted to ask you guys: are there any avid golfers on the board? And where do you play your golf?

I was obsessed with golf from the age of 12-18 but then once prices increased as you're no longer a junior and booze and women taken control then it's difficult to stay as faithful to the sport. I was off 6 when I was 16 and played for the county for 2 years but I can't really play to that nowadays as I only play about 15 times a year. I did shoot 77 in November in Ireland though, I was buzzin with that as it was the first time i'd played since August.

I now live in Wimbledon and they have 4 courses nearby, but 3 of them are £1500+ a year with a fat joining fee, but one course is only £850 a year and has £100 bar tab included and a small joining fee. I went and had a knock to see what it was like as I feared it would be crap but it's a lovely course, if a little on the short side. Perfect for booming drives and attacking pins, what's not to like? Think i'm gonna join next month.

Yep one and the same, I don't tend to follow there picks mainly cos last year they were well down the leaderboard. I don't do the spread betting or the buying and laying on betfair. I normally just put my bets on at the start of the tournament for what i think i can win on, whether that's top Scandinavian or top Aussie or head to head. Don't really bet once the tournament is going. You will find some blokes on there cheering home a win but they have actually lost money as they've had too many bets and then hedged. So i like to just keep it simple and i'm up $2600 so far this year.

Just looked at the leaderboard i'm Michael who is coming 8th.

Followed him a lot at the start of last year after he dominated the 2011 Japanesse tour and qualified in the Q-School in the same year, agree has the talent after 2011 he was ranked about 26th in the world. Has the talent to probably win a major one day, But boy is he frustrating and inconsistent, his inconsisten even in his rounds for instance i remember being on track for a course record thru the front 9 in about March last year and ended up finishing the day even par. Even last week shot himself up to leaderboard with a 63 3rd round only to shot a 70 in the 4th.

I follow their PGA Tips as the bloke was on fire for part of last year, but they often pick 5 players each tournament and that's a lot of bets placed and even if one wins the returns are lessened by a shit load of other bets.

I'll keep an eye out for you mate, I like the sound of your profits.

I like to pick a golfer early on each year, an outsider and stick with them throughout the year. Sometimes it's a gold mine, other times not so.

My pick for this year on the European Tour at big odds is Andy Sullivan. I played golf with him a few times as a kid and this lad is mustard. Came 3rd in a big tournament at the back end of last year and is doing well in Doha this week.

Wasn't you that tipped him on FB group was it? Coetzee is playing well for you today nicely positioned up the leader board.

Hahahahaaa it was my mate, Daniel Gunn. He's just rang me going wild as he had a fiver on him at about 300/1 or something. I haven't backed him yet this year and I may regret it but I wanted to wait until the European Tour probably got going but he's already had a 3rd this year and now looks nicely poised in this.

Yeah happy with Coetzee so far. Couple of others doing ok too.

Really fancying Fowler, Piercy and Blixt at Torey Pines.

I was obsessed with golf from the age of 12-18 but then once prices increased as you're no longer a junior and booze and women taken control then it's difficult to stay as faithful to the sport. I was off 6 when I was 16 and played for the county for 2 years but I can't really play to that nowadays as I only play about 15 times a year. I did shoot 77 in November in Ireland though, I was buzzin with that as it was the first time i'd played since August.

I now live in Wimbledon and they have 4 courses nearby, but 3 of them are £1500+ a year with a fat joining fee, but one course is only £850 a year and has £100 bar tab included and a small joining fee. I went and had a knock to see what it was like as I feared it would be crap but it's a lovely course, if a little on the short side. Perfect for booming drives and attacking pins, what's not to like? Think i'm gonna join next month.

Perfect mate

When that golf bug grows again i think youll enjoy your new membership, plus £850 isnt too bad. I know a lot of places have either scrapped their joining fees completely (something that has some positives but not universally positive) or let you pay the joining fee in installments so its not too much pain in your first year at a new club. 6 handicap is a decent level of golf in anyones language.

Im off 3 currently and hopefully i can get the game into shape over spring ready to turn that into 2 by the end of the year. I play some of the Leicestershire & Rutland county events, ill definitely play the spring tournament this year thats played over 3 rounds at 3 courses. Will also play the fox at Willesley Park in August. Had some good rounds around there, had a level par 70 there during a scratch team game last year so its a course i like, although the greens are bumpy

I follow their PGA Tips as the bloke was on fire for part of last year, but they often pick 5 players each tournament and that's a lot of bets placed and even if one wins the returns are lessened by a shit load of other bets.

I'll keep an eye out for you mate, I like the sound of your profits.

I like to pick a golfer early on each year, an outsider and stick with them throughout the year. Sometimes it's a gold mine, other times not so.

My pick for this year on the European Tour at big odds is Andy Sullivan. I played golf with him a few times as a kid and this lad is mustard. Came 3rd in a big tournament at the back end of last year and is doing well in Doha this week.

You are SO right

Pure striker. Hes a local lad (ok, local-ish because hes a west midlands lad) but hes got a very good golf game, and played fantastically well through the qualifying school in december and i think he will keep his card outright this year. Got plenty of game to finish 90-100th in the race to dubai (or better).

The opportunity to play with a tour pro is an absolute education

Perfect mate

When that golf bug grows again i think youll enjoy your new membership, plus £850 isnt too bad. I know a lot of places have either scrapped their joining fees completely (something that has some positives but not universally positive) or let you pay the joining fee in installments so its not too much pain in your first year at a new club. 6 handicap is a decent level of golf in anyones language.

Im off 3 currently and hopefully i can get the game into shape over spring ready to turn that into 2 by the end of the year. I play some of the Leicestershire & Rutland county events, ill definitely play the spring tournament this year thats played over 3 rounds at 3 courses. Will also play the fox at Willesley Park in August. Had some good rounds around there, had a level par 70 there during a scratch team game last year so its a course i like, although the greens are bumpy

Good going that is mate! Keep it up. How old are you if you don't mind me asking? I possibly know a few of the lads you've played with over the years. I was a member at Hinckley throughout my youth and it was Leicestershire I played for for a bit. Sullivan was at Nuneaton just as I was finishing as a junior and he was unbelievable then. I know a couple of lads who turned pro from Nuneaton, Atherstone and Hinckley and they all paled in to insignificance compared to him.

I have a few mates who are pals with Steve Webster, i've played with him before as he's my brothers age and both of them played county golf at the same time. Webby is a superb talent but he enjoys getting leathered just as much as playing and hasn't done himself any favours over the years. Still done well for himself though!

Good going that is mate! Keep it up. How old are you if you don't mind me asking? I possibly know a few of the lads you've played with over the years. I was a member at Hinckley throughout my youth and it was Leicestershire I played for for a bit. Sullivan was at Nuneaton just as I was finishing as a junior and he was unbelievable then. I know a couple of lads who turned pro from Nuneaton, Atherstone and Hinckley and they all paled in to insignificance compared to him.

I have a few mates who are pals with Steve Webster, i've played with him before as he's my brothers age and both of them played county golf at the same time. Webby is a superb talent but he enjoys getting leathered just as much as playing and hasn't done himself any favours over the years. Still done well for himself though!

26 Ric.

The usual suspects still trawl through the county circuit and win everything going. Dave ''Gibbo'' Gibson i believe is trying to get his card on the european senior tour, played the rock open at Charnwood last year and Jevan Parmar and Shaun Corby both played, again very plus handicappers. Ive played with Paul Dixon and Pete Verey from Willesley a couple of times and theyre both either still scratch or maybe moved out to 1 now but more solid than i am certainly.

I enjoy golf betting a lot.

Just wanted to ask you guys: are there any avid golfers on the board? And where do you play your golf?

I play at The Leicestershire. Got a handicap of 7 which I struggle to play to at the moment.

Usually only bet on The Masters (without success) but may have a bit more of a flutter this year with the help of some of the tipsters on here.

Edited by skinnydipper