Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Golf

Anyone fancy doing a bit of magazine style ''whats in the bag?''. ill list my stuff:

Driver: Titleist 909 D2, 9.5 loft, Aldila Voodoo x flex

3 wood: Ping i15, 15.5 loft, TFC x flex

Hybrid: Titleist 585 series, 19 loft, Aldila Voodoo x flex

Irons: 4-PW Titleist AP2 (710), Dynamic Gold x100

Wedges: Titleist Spin Milled Vokey, 50, 54, 58 lofts, Dynamic Gold s400

Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Driver wild thing

Irons 3-9 Donnay

Putter Winfield

Ball Whale

Bag Dunlop

Fancy a game!

Anyone fancy doing a bit of magazine style ''whats in the bag?''. ill list my stuff:

Driver: Titleist 909 D2, 9.5 loft, Aldila Voodoo x flex

3 wood: Ping i15, 15.5 loft, TFC x flex

Hybrid: Titleist 585 series, 19 loft, Aldila Voodoo x flex

Irons: 4-PW Titleist AP2 (710), Dynamic Gold x100

Wedges: Titleist Spin Milled Vokey, 50, 54, 58 lofts, Dynamic Gold s400

Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Driver: Titleist 909 D2, 10.5 loft

4 wood: Titleist 975f 16.5 (old skool, had it 11 years)

Irons: 2-PW Callaway X-14 pro series with stiff rile shafts (again had these years, tried all sorts of newer irons and these are still the business)

Wedges: Clevelend 588 forged wedges 54 and 58 degree

Putter: Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Napa (i've been offered £600 for this and won't sell it, it's rare as fook)

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x or Bridgestone

Fowler and De Laet both have an outside chance of a top 6 finish and return me some dough, which along with Coetzee would be a half decent week, but still a bit of golf to go today before that might happen.

Woods is looking phenomenal, his swing is as good as i've ever seen it. His driving looks controlled and his wedges are peppering the flags. Majors aren't far away again for Tiger.

Time to start the process of picking my fancies for Dubai and Scottsdale.

Good to see this thread. I don't usually bet golf, but I do follow it and am interested in your selections Ric (and others).

Agree that Tiger looks in great nick at the moment (maybe 90%) - and think a major could be not too far off. That said, you may disagree, but I reckon the field generally is at a higher standard than when Tiger bossed proceedings some years ago.

I'll be back with my thoughts on upcoming tournaments shortly, but as a minor caveat, I will not necessarily be following up my selections with an actual cash bet, so please don't follow me unless you like what you read.

I've been keeping a close eye on Vijay Singh this weekend as the tournament coming up on Thursday at Scottsdale is a course that he's done well on over the years. He seemed to be playing fairly steady on thursday and friday abut he's not done a great deal yesterday. It's hard to gauge what form he's in, he's not the same player he once was but like Els he still has the ability to challenge in tournaments.

Jason Dufner has a couple od good finishes in this event in recent years and although he didn't do well in Qatar last week, he's a player I love to back and i'll probably be on him this week. He hits it far and has the game for Arizona.

Rickie Fowler had a nightmare 1st round but he's finishing well at Torrey Pines and he's hard to ignore, I can't work out a consistent pattern in Rickie. He's a punters problem but I can't leave him alone as I know he's got wins and places in him this year and he's still got value there.

Finally, Graham De Laet is another I backed late on last week and he's doing well, he's at 7 under with 7 holes left to play today and a decent finish could see him sneak a place for me. He's a big hitter and Scottsdale will suit his game, so I might keep faith with him too.

Looking at Dubai, so far i'm fancying Danny Willett and Marcel Siem. Need to do some further research tonight.

Driver: Titleist 909 D2, 10.5 loft

4 wood: Titleist 975f 16.5 (old skool, had it 11 years)

Irons: 2-PW Callaway X-14 pro series with stiff rile shafts (again had these years, tried all sorts of newer irons and these are still the business)

Wedges: Clevelend 588 forged wedges 54 and 58 degree

Putter: Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Napa (i've been offered £600 for this and won't sell it, it's rare as fook)

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x or Bridgestone

Anyone that carries a 2 iron can hit a serious ball. I like it :)

So two 2nd places this weekend.

Tips for this weekend for the Desert Classic. Was harder than usual seems to be alot of players that look suited to the course just in horrible form in my opinion making it tough.

Sergio Garcia - 7/1 - Seemed a different player in Qatar best i've ever seen him seems to have sorted his putting problems. Odds are short but justifyably so as looks a poor field.

Seung-yul Noh - 50/1 Very talented young South Korean only issue is like McIlroy he just recently changed to the nike clubs still seems to be driving it just as long.

Joost Lutien - 50/1 - Again one of the younger players, has talent and gets alot of top 20's. Course looks like it will suit.

JBE Kruger - 100/1 - The South African got me a good win last year think his getting ready for another big one soon.

Anyone that carries a 2 iron can hit a serious ball. I like it :)

Haha, it's the best club in the bag. I'm yet to get in to these hybrids pal. As i've not played much over the last 5-10 years i've stayed with a lot of the clubs i've always had and back in the day the 2 iron was a weapon. :)

Right, I thought i'd set up a thread for folk on here to chew the fat about golf. This thread can be about anything golf related, whether it's professional golf tournaments taking place, betting on such events or playing golf yourself etc.

I will mainly focus my attentions towards the betting element as I only play about 10-15 times a year now and enjoy gambling and drinking more. :)

I'll be posting my weekly selections for the European Tour and PGA Tour, as I mentioned in the betting thread, i've followed a golf betting system website for quite some time and they had an exceptional year last year and were over 250+ points up by the end of 2012, big dough.

This weeks selections are as follows:

Farmers Insurance Open (PGA Tour)

1) Rickie Fowler @ 33/1 2 points e/w

2) Scott Piercy @ 40/1 1 point e/w

3) Jonas Blixt @ 70/1 1 point e/w

4) Bo Van Pelt @ 33/1 1 point e/w

Qatar Open (European Tour)

1) Henrik Stenson @ 22/1 1.5 points e/w (loves it round this course and I love him too. Scandinavian dream)

2) George Coetzee @ 30/1 1.5 points e/w

3) Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano @ 40/1 1 point e/w

4) Thongchai Jaidee @ 45/1 1pt e/w

5) Darren Fichardt @ 200/1 0.5 points e/w

6) Darren Fichardt @ 150/1 0.5 points e/w to be First Round Leader

22 points in total, i'm starting with a bank of 100 points. Let's see how I get on. Feel free to join in.

A 2nd place and a T6, returns me 31.5 points. Not the worst of weeks but could have been a lot better. I also had a 0.5 points e/w bet on De Laet who finished just outside the places but gave me a good run, he's one to keep an eye on for me.

Bank up to: 109.5 points so + 9.5 points after week 1

My selections for Dubai and Scottsdale will be posted later today or tomorrow, i've about done my research.

TPC Scottsdale is a bombers paradise. Try and find a well priced bomb & gouge merchant for this course as they tend to come up trumps (look at past winners: Mickelson, JB Holmes, Stanley. Baddeley can get it out there and hes won there. Bubba top 5'd last year and hes a bomb & gouge merchant)

Phoenix Open tips, form took me ages for this so many variances.

Harris English - 80/1 - Can't remember why i tipped him lol Plays well at the course and been playing well so far this season.

Keegan Bradley - 40/1 - Very good player and is over the odds in my opinion with people jumping out of the trees to back the Duff man, will be suited to the course as it suits players who are reasonable aggressive and can be consistent.

Robert Garrigus - 33/1 - Playing well think his game might suit the 2 par 4's that are driveable. Has a booming drive which may creat an oppurtunity for himself.

Other players i looked at and considered were Bo Van Pelt, Ryan Moore, Ryan Palmer, Gary Woodland, Jason Dufner and Jason Day

I've had a hard time keeping my selections down to a manageable amount, at this stage of the season it's so tempting to go with certain players who you would throughout the year but it's early days and you don't know how their game and focus is.

Dubai:

Thorbjorn Olesen 2 points e/w @ 20/1 - this lad is going to be an absolute star, he's already shown it last season where he won an event, had a few other top ten finishes and was very impressive in The Open.

Robert Rock 1 point e/w @ 100/1 - Rock won an event this time last year in Abu Dhabi and is a proper battler. Nothing seems to faze him and he often does well when unfancied, which his odds suggest he is this week. The fact he doesn't wear a cap and sports the odd cardigan means he's worth a punt for that reason alone.

Marcel Siem - 1 point e/w @ 50/1 - I love this bloke, horrible pony tail and German. A couple of qualities that helps him steam up the leaderboard in the closing stages. He hits the ball a long way and i've a feeling he's got a win or two in him this year.

Pablo Larrazabal - 0.5 points e/w @ 100/1 - I was shocked to see him at these odds, his form is a little suspect but he's got the ability to win events like this. I've had a small bit of bunce purely for the value.

Steve Webster - 1 points e/w @ 70/1 - Webby is doing really well at the minute, 3 top 10 finishes in recent weeks and he was mustard in the last 2 rounds in Doha. This is one of his favourite courses.

I like the look of Danny Willett but i'm keeping an eye on him this week, I think Siem's consistency swings it for me over Danny at similar odds.

Pheonix Open:

Jason Dufner 2 points @ 14/1 WIN - not bothering with e/w at those odds. Dufner is a favourite of mine and will win at least one event this season, I think there's a major in him too. He's often faultered at the final hurdle in big events but it's often because he's fearless and refuses to play safe. I like his eagerness to play all over the world to strengthen his experience, it's pleasing to see.

Rickie Fowler 1.5 points e/w @ 28/1 - Rickie was superb for the final 3 rounds at Torrey Pines. What on earth he was doing in the 1st round is classic Fowler. I can't leave him alone, not at the minute. I fancy him to go close this week.

Graham De Laet - 1 points e/w @ 150/1 - I had a small nibble at De Laet last week and it nearly paid off. He just missed out on a place, if he could have cut out a few sloppy errors he'd have been well up there. He hits it a mile and I can see him being in the mix again.

KJ Choi - 1 points e/w @ 66/1 - KJ also did well last week and he's a character I like to bet on purely for his uncanny ability to go ridiculously low out of the blue, usually in the 1st round of The Masters! I've chosen him as my final selection over Vijay Singh who i'd ear-marked for this week, Vijay has done well over the years at Scottsdale and can still compete at a high level but KJ impressed me more last week, I hope I don't live to regret it.

I am having an 0.5 points e/w double on Olesen (20/1) and Dufner (14/1) to finish off.

23 points staked, bank down to: 86.5 points.

Good luck to anyone having a bet this week, Wedgie Kray!

Phoenix Open tips, form took me ages for this so many variances.

Harris English - 80/1 - Can't remember why i tipped him lol Plays well at the course and been playing well so far this season.

Keegan Bradley - 40/1 - Very good player and is over the odds in my opinion with people jumping out of the trees to back the Duff man, will be suited to the course as it suits players who are reasonable aggressive and can be consistent.

Robert Garrigus - 33/1 - Playing well think his game might suit the 2 par 4's that are driveable. Has a booming drive which may creat an oppurtunity for himself.

Other players i looked at and considered were Bo Van Pelt, Ryan Moore, Ryan Palmer, Gary Woodland, Jason Dufner and Jason Day

I was alarmed at how poor he played at Torrey Pines, i'd usually be on him at those odds but I can't have conviction in him at the minute. Hope he does well for you pal.

Jason Day, was on fire in the last round. I looked at him closely too, got a feeling he's playing himself in to some serious form but you bloody Aussies always do me over when I bet on you!!!

Day had his worst year on tour last season, showed in the last round at Torrey he may be getting back to it. Might be a week early.

Agree with Keags but it doesn't put me off as i've seen him bounce back before from poor weeks, for me he is more of a later in the season prospect but there was a couple of factors that made me back him over the others i didn't mind.

Agree the Phoenix is tough and the Dubai looks Garcia's too lose with the Scandinavians chasing him. But decided on value for a couple out of the box there.

Day had his worst year on tour last season, showed in the last round at Torrey he may be getting back to it. Might be a week early.

Agree with Keags but it doesn't put me off as i've seen him bounce back before from poor weeks, for me he is more of a later in the season prospect but there was a couple of factors that made me back him over the others i didn't mind.

Agree the Phoenix is tough and the Dubai looks Garcia's too lose with the Scandinavians chasing him. But decided on value for a couple out of the box there.

Garcia is my favourite golfer but I tend not to back any golfer at single figure odds, but i'd be delighted if he won. I see the betting system fancies Wiesberger, he's a golfer who irritates me immensly!

Ric, i liked Robbie Rock this week but saw he pulled out last week but couldn't find out why so stayed away, any idea? Ollsen will give it a good shake for you been playing well so far this year well except when i was on him in Durban lol

He's been ill mate. He had some bad personal problems last year as well after winning in Abu Dhabi. I just have a feeling he's got it in him this week. 100/1 is silly.