Sign in to follow this  
Ric Flair

Golf

27 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Speith on a charge. He fvckin loves the Open

Good to see him playing well again. 

Damn, I probably just jinxed him!

6 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

9BB99857-1B89-4368-A75C-73632004902D.thumb.jpeg.ea37424bb120c453b322e7172295c733.jpeg

Conditions not good for those looking to top up their hat tans 

Great advertising space that!

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

Great advertising space that!

Paddy Power tattoo? 

• Haha 2

Great putt by Fleet there.

One off the lead!

Edit: Then he goes and does that! I'm turning this thing off lol

Edited by spacemunky

24 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Duval. Struggling.

I havent played proper golf in years but what would a decent club regular score on this course (say someone who plays once a week on a handicapp of around 10)?

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

I havent played proper golf in years but what would a decent club regular score on this course (say someone who plays once a week on a handicapp of around 10)?

On this course as it's set up for the Open right now (back tees, narrow fairways, long rough, fast greens, pissing it down, windy), I reckon your average club golfer would double/triple his handicap.

Your 10 handicap example should go round in 81 normally, but my guess is he'd probably shoot somewhere between 91-101

When you see Tiger and Rory shooting around 80, it just shows how tough it is. Your average club golfer would struggle like fvck imo.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

When was the last time Westwood was up on a leaderboard?

He won in SA back end of last year but hasn’t contended in a major for a while. I’d love to see him win the open at 46 but not holding my breath. He’s still in the world top 100 tbf which is a testament to his consistency.

• Thanks 2

Rory -5 for his round and needs 2 more birdies in his last 6 holes to make the cut. Would be miraculous if he pulls it off 

16 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Rory -5 for his round and needs 2 more birdies in his last 6 holes to make the cut. Would be miraculous if he pulls it off 

Horrid fella would be nice to see him fail 

30 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

Horrid fella would be nice to see him fail 

Has he upset you?

31 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Has he upset you?

Dislike how he has disposed people in his career and life on a whim, flakey fella to say the least looks like he is going to fail

on the 18th to make the cut which is good for me as I had a little bet Wednesday that he wouldn’t 

21 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

Dislike how he has disposed people in his career and life on a whim, flakey fella to say the least looks like he is going to fail

on the 18th to make the cut which is good for me as I had a little bet Wednesday that he wouldn’t 

Fair enough. You've got to be a cold hearted bastard not to feel for him a bit when he just broke down in that interview though :cry: 

2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Fair enough. You've got to be a cold hearted bastard not to feel for him a bit when he just broke down in that interview though :cry: 

I don't know what you saw, but he was really humble and open in his NBC interview.  I have to respect the way he carried himself after car-crashing out of an Open finally played on his home soil.  Not the spoilt-kid behavior one might expect from some of these.  I'm liking him more for it TBH.

I like Rory but fvckin hell, his dad Gerry is one of the rudest cvnts I've ever come across. Gave it the whole 'do you know who I am?' when Rory was only 16, fvck knows how unbearable he would be now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Izzy said:

He is a decent actor 

13 minutes ago, KingsX said:

I don't know what you saw, but he was really humble and open in his NBC interview.  I have to respect the way he carried himself after car-crashing out of an Open finally played on his home soil.  Not the spoilt-kid behavior one might expect from some of these.  I'm liking him more for it TBH.

I saw his interview on Sky Sports with Tim Barter and he started blubbing and got all emotional. Barter had to pause the interview while Rory composed himself. If he's an actor he's a bloody good one because that looked genuine to me.

I'm torn when it comes to Rory. Sometimes I admire his honesty and other times I find him a bit disrespectful (e.g. to the European Tour). 

Saying that, if I was 30 years old and had £200m in the bank, I'd probably live in Florida and act like a cvnt sometimes :D

17 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I like Rory but fvckin hell, his dad Gerry is one of the rudest cvnts I've ever come across. Gave it the whole 'do you know who I am?' when Rory was only 16, fvck knows how unbearable he would be now.

There can be something very dislikeable about parents of child prodigy sports stars who've decided when they're 3 years old that they'll be world champions.

Serena and Venus Williams dad springs to mind.

Well, if you Brits have reservations about Rory, I'll hold on to mine then.

Especially come Ryder Cup time.   :thumbup:

4 minutes ago, Izzy said:

There can be something very dislikeable about parents of child prodigy sports stars who've decided when they're 3 years old that they'll be world champions.

Serena and Venus Williams dad springs to mind.

Yeah it's a shame about his dad, esp since I've met Rory before and he seemed like a nice guy.