Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Ric Flair

Golf

Recommended Posts

Just now, Nalis said:

Yeah it's a shame about his dad, esp since I've met Rory before and he seemed like a nice guy.

Nice one. How old was he when you met him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Nice one. How old was he when you met him?

Working it out, around 23 maybe? It was in a nightclub called Ollie's in Belfast, he was in the 'VIP' area which was basically a crap really small roped off area on the main floor with one easy going bouncer at the rope. He was randomly on his own at the time and one of my mates popped over to get a handshake. We all felt a bit cringe when my mate when over but then we followed him over when Rory was chatting away haha. He actually took a bit of interest, asked how our nights were, what pubs were we in before, even asked me what Dublin life was like vs Belfast as I was living in Dublin at the time. When a couple of his mates came over we decided to let him get on with his evening,  wished him well and he said told us to have good one. I know thats all common courtesy anyway but he could have ended up being a total dickhead given his position so fair play to him.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Working it out, around 23 maybe? It was in a nightclub called Ollie's in Belfast, he was in the 'VIP' area which was basically a crap really small roped off area on the main floor with one easy going bouncer at the rope. He was randomly on his own at the time and one of my mates popped over to get a handshake. We all felt a bit cringe when my mate when over but then we followed him over when Rory was chatting away haha. He actually took a bit of interest, asked how our nights were, what pubs were we in before, even asked me what Dublin life was like vs Belfast as I was living in Dublin at the time. When a couple of his mates came over we decided to let him get on with his evening,  wished him well and he said told us to have good one. I know thats all common courtesy anyway but he could have ended up being a total dickhead given his position so fair play to him.

Cool story dude! Fair play to him, like you say he could have been a bell end but at least he had the craic with you :thumbup:

 

Truth is, none of us really know how fame and fortune would effect us. I'm sure we'd all like to think we'd still be 'normal' and grounded but it could be so easy to give it the big un when you're minted and adored by millions.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Izzy said:

Truth is, none of us really know how fame and fortune would effect us. I'm sure we'd all like to think we'd still be 'normal' and grounded but it could be so easy to give it the big un when you're minted and adored by millions.

 

I'd be an absolute cvnt :celebrate:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, spacemunky said:

 

I'd be an absolute cvnt :celebrate:

Yeah but would it change you? :ph34r:

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

Westwood in the lead. Just don't tell him that ;) 

I’d love it if Westy won this. Same age as me and it would be such a romantic story if he managed to do it. Just hope his nerves hold up and his putter behaves. Tee to green he’s still the bollux.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I’d love it if Westy won this. Same age as me and it would be such a romantic story if he managed to do it. Just hope his nerves hold up and his putter behaves. Tee to green he’s still the bollux.

I'd love to see him win it too! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I’d love it if Westy won this. Same age as me and it would be such a romantic story if he managed to do it. Just hope his nerves hold up and his putter behaves. Tee to green he’s still the bollux.

Would be great to see. He's been close so many times. Like Poults, would love to see him win one too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lowry vs Fleetwood tomorrow it seems, don't see anybody else getting close to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Outstanding from Shane. 

As close to a Ryder Cup atmosphere I’ve seen at an Open. 

Scenes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unbelievable from Lowry, kept pressing forward at the right times but just hit a lot of quality shots on the back 9. 

 

The whole of Ireland expects now, be interesting to see how he handles it. It looks like a two horse race, I still have a feeling one of Rose or Koepka will get close come the back 9 tomorrow. 

 

Regardless it's been yet another fantastic Open, the R&A know how to set a course up, the USGA want to take note. Not that they ever do. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Don’t want to see Shane fold but might stick a tenner on Tommy or even Brooks for a bit of sport 

He did at the US open in 2017.

 

Hopefully for Lowry's sake he can hold on this time .

 

Weather going to play a part ? More rain than there has been .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn’t be asking for a stream but if you didn’t want to share one for the golf then please feel free to DM me what I’m not looking for , please , FORE 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone might wanna flip that flag around in the 1st tee stands. Unless there's an Ivory Coast golfer in this that I've missed? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Hope Fleetwood wins it. Something about him reminds me of Vardy.

His name?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lowry dodged a bullet there on the first. Could have been a 3 shot swing, but was just 1 shot given up to Fleet.

Edited by spacemunky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Hope Fleetwood wins it. Something about him reminds me of Vardy.

Northern

Scrawny

Bit thick

Scruffy

Joker

Chavvy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spacemunky said:

Nasty weather inbound.

Proper pissing it down now and blowing a gale.

 

Love it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Super_horns said:

Will it make much difference?

Not really. Just means everyone's scores will go backwards. Lowry has such a big lead that I can't see it stopping him win. 

 

The sadist in me likes watching the pro's struggle to make pars :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...