Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

London Leicester fans

My mrs now works in zone 9. I can't even comprehend how far away that is.

I'm watching it at home (zone 2).

I refuse to pay for Sky Sports. My I figured the £9.60 I'll spend in travel to and from zone 9 will be less than the amount I'll spend on beer. In zone 9 I'll get free beer and food and I need to organise what on earth said mate and I are going to do when we head to the Ukraine in a couple of weeks.

We should definitely keep this thread alive for future games though. I watched the Derby game in the Sports Cafe on Haymarket and got steadily drunk with a fellow Leicester fan. As I left to head to a party he was shouting "IT'S A RAM RAID" at some Derby fans. I hope you post on here :D I watched the Boro game at the Faltering Fullback down Finsbury Park (Flair, thank you for introducing me to that pub). They stuck the game on despite it being a rugby pub and the 'Quins playing in Europe (two different screens). There was only me and one other fan of either team (Leicester, thankfully). I love that pub.

I don't have Sky Sports either, I'll make do with some shit stream. I would be up for meeting up normally but am being a massive girl and going to yoga until 19:45 so won't have time to go anywhere apart from home. Next time I'm in.

And yeah my mrs works in Amersham which certainly is no longer London, all I know about is that it's far, there are fields and it's cold.

I refuse to pay for Sky Sports. My I figured the £9.60 I'll spend in travel to and from zone 9 will be less than the amount I'll spend on beer. In zone 9 I'll get free beer and food and I need to organise what on earth said mate and I are going to do when we head to the Ukraine in a couple of weeks.

We should definitely keep this thread alive for future games though. I watched the Derby game in the Sports Cafe on Haymarket and got steadily drunk with a fellow Leicester fan. As I left to head to a party he was shouting "IT'S A RAM RAID" at some Derby fans. I hope you post on here :D I watched the Boro game at the Faltering Fullback down Finsbury Park (Flair, thank you for introducing me to that pub). They stuck the game on despite it being a rugby pub and the 'Quins playing in Europe (two different screens). There was only me and one other fan of either team (Leicester, thankfully). I love that pub.

I miss that boozer so much mate, i'm now down in Wimbledon so it's a trek if I ever fancy going back. Luckily, i've a mate moving to Islington soon so i'll be back in the gaaaaaame.

I'm watching it down The Stag near Great Portland Street, the owner of the boozer is a Leicester fan.

Surely zone nine is no longer London. You're pushing it at five.

In fact, I didn't think there WAS a zone nine. Where is it, Madrid?

****ing Leicester must be zone seven or eight, good lord.

Don't worry, I've let him know this. He used to live in Wycombe though so it's a definite improvement.

I don't have Sky Sports either, I'll make do with some shit stream. I would be up for meeting up normally but am being a massive girl and going to yoga until 19:45 so won't have time to go anywhere apart from home. Next time I'm in.

And yeah my mrs works in Amersham which certainly is no longer London, all I know about is that it's far, there are fields and it's cold.

I get far too annoyed with streams to even contemplate it.

Since this is a London foxes thread it goes hand in hand with middle class leftist metrosexuality - where do you do yoga James? I'm thinking of starting it because it's meant to be good to do alongside running and the like (which I'm do a lot of). I'm seeing a girl who's big into it so was planning to go with her but I figured I'd get some additional advice.

I miss that boozer so much mate, i'm now down in Wimbledon so it's a trek if I ever fancy going back. Luckily, i've a mate moving to Islington soon so i'll be back in the gaaaaaame.

I'm watching it down The Stag near Great Portland Street, the owner of the boozer is a Leicester fan.

I'm going down on Saturday to spend all day watching the Six Nations. I love that place.

Good call on the Stag. I'll bare that in mind for future games!

If i'm not too hungover from tonights skinful and tomorrows leather up in Brixton then I might swing by on Saturday mate! I'll use it as an excuse to go and do a reccie on the area for my mate, to make sure all the amenities are still in place.

I'm going as a group which includes the girl I'm seeing. She's Welsh and as such she's a huge rugby fan. Apparently her rugby mode can be a bit terrifying. This could be interesting...

Since this is a London foxes thread it goes hand in hand with middle class leftist metrosexuality - where do you do yoga James?

We can middle class the shit out of this thread.

I love yoga. Compliments running very well, although depends on what style you do. I mainly do Ashtanga which is the most athletic form and pretty physically demanding. Definitely prefer that to ones such as Hatha which is at a much slower pace and focusses more on meditation. Ashtanga is a proper workout. Dyanamic is decent as well - whereas in Ashtanga you follow a set pattern of postures every time in Dynamic the teacher will mix it up a bit.

I go here - http://www.yogaplace.co.uk/. It's 10 mins walk from home so makes sense. Try to go at least once a week.

You may want to consider Bikram yoga which is where you do a similar set of postures just in a room set to 40 degrees celcius... It is without doubt the sweatiest thing I have ever done. Some people don't make it through the whole lesson. It's pretty hardcore but you feel nice afterwards. Location wise it's not as convenient so I don't bother any more.

What's all this "zone" malarkey? I commute to Liverpool Street from Chelmsford (think that's zone 25). 40 minutes overground and a 5 minute walk to work and save a packet on rent....just have to put with the joys of Network Rail.

If I get out of work on time, I'll probs go to the Railway Tavern opposite Liverpool Street tube. If I'm chained to my desk 'til late :cry:, it's being Sky+'d so I'll watch it in the early hours at home (and try not to find out the score in the meantime)

What's all this "zone" malarkey? I commute to Liverpool Street from Chelmsford (think that's zone 25). 40 minutes overground and a 5 minute walk to work and save a packet on rent....just have to put with the joys of Network Rail.

If I get out of work on time, I'll probs go to the Railway Tavern opposite Liverpool Street tube. If I'm chained to my desk 'til late :cry:, it's being Sky+'d so I'll watch it in the early hours at home (and try not to find out the score in the meantime)

Your season ticket from there to London must cost about £4000 a year though? When you factor that amount in with rent it's probably no different to living in London.

Season ticket is a killer at about £380 a month you're right, but mine and the missus 1/2 monthly rent on our 2-bed flat in Chelmsford costs £380 a month too. So it still works out about £2 or £3 grand a year cheaper than most of my London-based mates who pay £1k+ a month, without counting cost of living (i.e. drinking).

Still, we live in Chelmsford...so I guess every silver lining has a cloud..!

Season ticket is a killer at about £380 a month you're right, but mine and the missus 1/2 monthly rent on our 2-bed flat in Chelmsford costs £380 a month too. So it still works out about £2 or £3 grand a year cheaper than most of my London-based mates who pay £1k+ a month, without counting cost of living (i.e. drinking).

Still, we live in Chelmsford...so I guess every silver lining has a cloud..!

£380 a month rent is sweet though pal, fair play. I was paying £1000 a month for a studio flat in Islington, disgraceful.