Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

London Leicester fans

Beluschis in Greenwich.

Zero Degrees in Blackheath.

Dont know of any others mate.

Is that guaranteed in Zero Degrees? It doesn't look like a sports place from the outside, not been in yet as I've only been living round there for a couple of weeks.

I live in Charlton, so I get to Blackheath and Greenwich quite a lot! Love Zero Degrees, games are usually on the big screen in there, but if I were you I'd go to Greenwich to watch Leicester matches instead - they hardly ever put the sound on in Zero Degrees.

I usually go to The Lost Hour in Greenwich, they've got a big screen, it's a decent pub and the beer's alright. I'll certainly be there on Thursday night!

My fellow Londoner (well works here, lives in Essex) fox has bailed on me for Thursday so I may well pop by the Stag as a proper billy no mates. 

I have concerns about watching the second leg in London as Spurs kick off at 1.30pm (partway through our game) and I fear landlords across the capital will instantly switch to that game.  

Is the Stag's Head a safe bet? Or anyone know anywhere with multiple screens? 

I'll be in London with my family this weekend and am already booked on the 16:35 train from St. Pancras back to Leicester on Sunday.

So if I'm not mistaken The Stags Head is a ten minute taxi ride away from the station and even if it goes to extra time and penalties I still have time to catch my train after the match has finished?

Can anyone with local knowledge of the area kindly confirm?!

I'll be in London with my family this weekend and am already booked on the 16:35 train from St. Pancras back to Leicester on Sunday.

So if I'm not mistaken The Stags Head is a ten minute taxi ride away from the station and even if it goes to extra time and penalties I still have time to catch my train after the match has finished?

That is indeed correct, traffic round that part of London isn't too bad so you should be able to get down to St Pancras in 10 mins, to walk it wouldn't take much more than 15 mins.

• Like 1

Guest MattP

There is a cracking Sports Bar chain opened up near Smithfields market and another location that shows everything now. (far better than the overpriced shit in Haymarket full of tourists)

Only problem is you will get a drunk Alan Brazil wandering around shouting bollocks for most of the day.

http://www.sportsbarandgrill.co.uk/

I know Flair's already popped up but I thought I'd throw the walking route in there if you have a bit more time. It's also only a five minute walk to Great Portland Street Station and a three minute tube from there. Give yourself 25 minutes overall to deal with faff before and after and you'll be fine.

There is a cracking Sports Bar chain opened up near Smithfields market and another location that shows everything now. (far better than the overpriced shit in Haymarket full of tourists)

Only problem is you will get a drunk Alan Brazil wandering around shouting bollocks for most of the day.

http://www.sportsbarandgrill.co.uk/

That's good to know, I'll bear it in mind. I've had to resort to the Haymarket Sports Cafe a few times and while it serves a purpose I'd prefer not to. To be fair to them they did do half Leicester commentary and half Man Utd when the Derby game clashed with their Reading game (despite there being about 10 Leicester/Derby fans and a billion Man Utd fans).

Guest MattP

I know Flair's already popped up but I thought I'd throw the walking route in there if you have a bit more time. It's also only a five minute walk to Great Portland Street Station and a three minute tube from there. Give yourself 25 minutes overall to deal with faff before and after and you'll be fine.

That's good to know, I'll bear it in mind. I've had to resort to the Haymarket Sports Cafe a few times and while it serves a purpose I'd prefer not to. To be fair to them they did do half Leicester commentary and half Man Utd when the Derby game clashed with their Reading game (despite there being about 10 Leicester/Derby fans and a billion Man Utd fans).

I try to avoid it at all costs now, expensive, full of idiots and I got my drink spiked last time I was in there. Was trying to go sleep outside, people were trying to pick me up, was foaming at the mouth and everything and spent two days in bed after recovering, really put me off.

I went to the one in Marylebone and it was great, classy, English, well priced and the staff were happy to help.

I've been to the Sports bar and grill in Marylebone a fair few times. It's ok, not totally amazing.

Although planning on going to The Stag for the first time.....a group of Leicester fans sounds more appealing.

Thanks Ric and Alex for the info, much appreciated.

Do you think they will definately have the whole game on in the Stag and is the place safe to bring my wife and three year old daughter?!

Edited by Mungo go

Thanks Ric and Alex for the info, much appreciated.

Do you think they will definately have the whole game on in the Stag and is the place safe to bring my wife and three year old daughter?!

The whole game will definitely be on, the geezer who runs it is a massive Leicester fan and will always show us if we're on. You should be fine to bring the missus and your daughter mate, it might be rammed but it's a good atmosphere in there and you should be ok. You could always call them though just to make sure, they let my missus in once. :)

Guest ttfn

Sports bar and grill is ace - there's at least four of them now but they're pretty pricey.

Was at the Sports Cafe for the previous Watford game. Forgot what a hole it was.

I have lived in Putney for a good few years now & drink in a pub aptly named the Fox @ the top of Putney High Street. Lee the guvnor always shows the City games & has around 7 screens in there plus 1 in the garden. I will be watching the game there tomorrow with a few of me mates who are Fulham fans. Sunday will be an even better crack there as Fulham are at home to Liverpool so all Fulham fans will be honourary City fans for the day! :-) & the beer is between £2.60 - £2.85 so can't go wrong there either. Pool table for those who fancy it as well & great food menu. If I aint sold it to you I am going back to bed! lol

I have lived in Putney for a good few years now & drink in a pub aptly named the Fox @ the top of Putney High Street. Lee the guvnor always shows the City games & has around 7 screens in there plus 1 in the garden. I will be watching the game there tomorrow with a few of me mates who are Fulham fans. Sunday will be an even better crack there as Fulham are at home to Liverpool so all Fulham fans will be honourary City fans for the day! :-) & the beer is between £2.60 - £2.85 so can't go wrong there either. Pool table for those who fancy it as well & great food menu. If I aint sold it to you I am going back to bed! lol

Good God! You can't even get a pint at a Sam Smith's for that these days!

I live in Wimbledon, cheers for the heads up of this gaff pal. I'll check it out sometime.

I live in Wimbledon, cheers for the heads up of this gaff pal. I'll check it out sometime.

Not a problem mate. Very much a sports pub & throw in a band friday nights & DJ Dave saturdays & we got it cracked! But top priority... football :-) & most defo this weekend it takes top billing. Going down there tonight for the Chelsea Spurs game. Sunday will be packed out with Fulham being at home.

I live in Charlton, so I get to Blackheath and Greenwich quite a lot! Love Zero Degrees, games are usually on the big screen in there, but if I were you I'd go to Greenwich to watch Leicester matches instead - they hardly ever put the sound on in Zero Degrees.

I usually go to The Lost Hour in Greenwich, they've got a big screen, it's a decent pub and the beer's alright. I'll certainly be there on Thursday night!

I live at Parsons Green in Fulham. Leaving today at 4pm to drive up to game.  

Watching game on Sunday at mine on sky with my dad whos coming down from leicester. welcome to join us.