Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicesterpool

Theatre Thread

Saw Matilda about two months ago. It was brilliant, I'd recommend to anybody.

Seen it this Feburary at the Cambridge Theatre with the missus. It was absolutely brilliant. Well worth the money we paid.

I saw Piaf at The Curve the day after it opened. I thought it was dreadful. Acting for me was GCSE level at best but the singing was superb. Want to get back to London again to see Les Miserables as love that.

Favourite has to be Woman In Black at The Fortune. Genuinely brilliant use of minimal lighting, sounds and actors to create a frightening atmosphere. Going to see it again up here in Manc soon.

Seem to remember being impressed with The Crucible in Leics a few years back too.

Favourite has to be Woman In Black at The Fortune. Genuinely brilliant use of minimal lighting, sounds and actors to create a frightening atmosphere. Going to see it again up here in Manc soon.

Seem to remember being impressed with The Crucible in Leics a few years back too.

I saw TWIB in Nottingham and was impressed

Eleven posts in a theatre thread on a football forum and not one person questioning the OP's sexuality.

Leicester really is the city of culture.

I did consider it, but as a rampant heterosexual I thought I'd probably be out numbered on here.

Saw Puff the Magic Dragon when I was about 8 and for some reason have been able to play the them tune on the piano ever since.

Not been since I was an adult but wouldn't mind to try it to see what the crack is.

I'd recommend The Jersey Boys (shown in London mostly) - very good entertainment!

I would recommend the RSC productions that I have seen, although they're probably not on showing now.

I'm planning on seeing the adaptation of the melodrama Murder in the Red Barn (upstairs at the Western Pub), it is called Left for Hanging ... something like that! Sure it's to be shown in April time??

I haven't been to the theatre in quite some time, this place is a complete cultural vaccuum.

The local theatre is therefore far too busy showing Roy Chubby Brown and Abba tribute acts, so it's either Curve or Lincoln for a bit of culture.

I might keep an eye out for decent shows in Lincoln though, I thoroughly enjoyed my visits to Curve.

Saw the blue man group in vegas absolutely incredible if you get the chance go see them, saw Avenue Q which is very funny, also got dragged along to Grease, Wicked and Hairspray all ok not really my cuppa though!

I shall be seeing Jude Law in Henry V in January.

The best production I've seen was Jerusalem. Mark Rylance was unreal, like no other actor I've ever seen. Made even more surreal as the play itself is set close to where I live.

It's a shame he had to pull out of the opening ceremony. That said, Kenneth Brannagh seemed to enjoy himself?

The other day I picked up a leaflet for a stage production of Alien. I know it's likely to be awful but I'm tempted to pop along. I'm about 90% sure it's this one.

When I was younger i used to go and see the Chuckle Brothers at either Skeggy or at De Montford Hall. I returned a few years later as my little cousin was a big fan of there's, Spooky Goings On 2 was actually really funny, audience with the chuckle brothers was very boring and to be honest there could only be around 20 in there!

When I was younger i used to go and see the Chuckle Brothers at either Skeggy or at De Montford Hall. I returned a few years later as my little cousin was a big fan of there's, Spooky Goings On 2 was actually really funny, audience with the chuckle brothers was very boring and to be honest there could only be around 20 in there!

Was that Pinter's Spooky Goings On 2?

• 4 years later...

Thought I'd try and bump this back to lifelol

After not going to the theatre for around 16 years I decided to take my girlfriend to see wicked at the apollo Victoria more to please her than myself but I've come away from it hooked & cant wait for the next time that I see a live performance.

I honestly never ever thought I'd enjoy it as much as I did. Even if it is pricey :sweating:

I do love the theatre - it is as good an evening of entertainment as you can find I think. Not a great fan of big musicals mind. Problem is it can be quite pricey, certainly for big productions and the West end. Though there are ways to pick up cheaper tickets if you're flexible/smart.

And then there are plenty of smaller theatres in London that have some great productions for just a tenner and it's quite often these productions get promoted to the West end or nearby. There's also a couple of sites that dish out free tickets or significantly reduced tickets for these. I went to Balham to see one that used Transfer Deadline Day to show the north/south divide. It didnt have the budget or scale of production you might find in the West end but it was every bit as good.

Archived