Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tempwan Yierban

TPH's Ale Thread

Does anyone know which shops have best offers for ales? I've seen asda do 4 for £5 but just wondered if anyone knows any better.

Personally think Morrisons offer the most/best.

Ah i've read your question again, Morrisons probably doesn't have that many offers, but has the biggest range.

Asda or possibly Tesco are probably the best in terms of offers.

Personally think Morrisons offer the most/best.

Ah i've read your question again, Morrisons probably doesn't have that many offers, but has the biggest range.

Asda or possibly Tesco are probably the best in terms of offers.

Cheers, might have a look in Morrisons if they have a bigger range. I noticed in Asda they don't do Tiger, was a bit surprised as that is one of my favourites.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for some Everards, Tiger (500ml) bottles. Ideally after a case/crate rather than just a few bottles. Anyone know anywhere that sells these apart from the Everards shop? Absolutely love the stuff. Not long ago I got 3 crates of lager for £24 which I've barely touched, now I fancy ale lol

Looking for some Everards, Tiger (500ml) bottles. Ideally after a case/crate rather than just a few bottles. Anyone know anywhere that sells these apart from the Everards shop? Absolutely love the stuff. Not long ago I got 3 crates of lager for £24 which I've barely touched, now I fancy ale lol

It is sold in some morrisons and waitroses in Leicestershire.

• 5 weeks later...

Is there anyone on here who's a member of CAMRA but has actually seen any benefits to it?

I recently joined but cant help thinking i'm just spending £24 a year on a card in my wallet that advertises the fact that i like real ales...

25 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Is there anyone on here who's a member of CAMRA but has actually seen any benefits to it?

I recently joined but cant help thinking i'm just spending £24 a year on a card in my wallet that advertises the fact that i like real ales...

I was a member of CAMRA at my University for a year and going to meetings made me feel much better about my dress-sense, social skills and popularity with the opposite sex.

27 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

I assumed men joined because it made them more attractive to the opposite sex?

5 minutes ago, bovril said:

I was a member of CAMRA at my University for a year and going to meetings made me feel much better about my dress-sense, social skills and popularity with the opposite sex.

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I assumed men joined because it made them more attractive to the opposite sex?

These were the reasons quoted in the brochure but i'm yet to experience any of this!

Still, the £20 of Wetherspoons beer vouchers come in handy. I can go and spend them whilst talking to other like minded beer drinkers at 11 in the morning on weekdays

32 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

I'm a CAMRA member..... I get cheap entry and beer at a couple of beer festivals, a magazine I don't read and wetherspoons tokens each year which I give away.....

So no not much really but for me it's about supporting the cause so pubs don't get pissed on each year in tax and pressure on small businesses. 

1 minute ago, Swan Lesta said:

I'm a CAMRA member..... I get cheap entry and beer at a couple of beer festivals, a magazine I don't read and wetherspoons tokens each year which I give away.....

So no not much really but for me it's about supporting the cause so pubs don't get pissed on each year in tax and pressure on small businesses. 

In all seriousness, this was the main reason i joined. but there haven't been too many beer festivals local to me that have offered any discounts.

I think the Great Central Railway beer festival offers some sort of CAMRA discounts though. If you live in the leicestershire area i would highly recommend this festival. I've been to it for a few years now. Beer tents at 4 stations along the GCR route from Leicester North (Birstall) to Loughborough. Great evening for beer lovers and train enthusiasts!

• 3 months later...

https://www.brewdog.com/usa/lowdown/blog/brewdogs-big-bet

So i just read about this. Earlier in this thread I posted about Brewdog trying to cut into the american craft brewing scene. In essensce they were trying to sell "stock" to crowdfund the $50 million needed to create a brewery in Colombus, Ohio. I say "stock" because it's not going to be listed on any sort of exchange so you can't exactly cash in on the equity increase of the company like a traditional investment. 

Apparently they were not able to raise enough money to crowd fund the entire project, so they came up with the great idea of just gambling the 20+ million dollars raised on roulette. If you they win, you double your investment. If they lose, you lose everything you had already invested into it. 

I've always been wary of crowdfunding business ventures. If something is a good business decision, the tradition way of equity or debt-financed investment would make the most sense. They are essentially exploiting their supporters, and now they're taking light the investment they did get from them. Their blog makes it seems like they are edgy, "punks" trying to stick it to the man. But to me, this whole thing just seems off-putting.

• 4 months later...
23 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

There's beer in brew dog. 16.5% called Tokyo. ****ing awful.

If you like chimay blue it's probably for you. It basically tastes like halfway between Chimay blue and smoked ham.

Fml.

Awful.

But I'm smashed.

Get another down you and start a fight with a midget. LAD!

• 1 month later...

Archived