Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicesterpool

Bernie

12 minutes ago, The Railway Man said:

He isn't really is he? Leicester's finest blokes are dudes like David Attenborough and Gary Lineker, not Bernie.

We do need to look after him though, he looks like a walking corpse at the minute, great he got to see us win the league thoughm I hope he's aware it happened.

It was just a bit of sarcasm. :)

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, The Railway Man said:

He isn't really is he? Leicester's finest blokes are dudes like David Attenborough and Gary Lineker, not Bernie.

We do need to look after him though, he looks like a walking corpse at the minute, great he got to see us win the league thoughm I hope he's aware it happened.

David Attenborough is from London his dad taught here for a bit. embarrassing that we try to claim him in my humble opinion.

35 minutes ago, The Railway Man said:

Christ, I bet you're good fun on a night out.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I think people forget that he's actually an old man with a serious problem.

Bit of a dickhead move to stand infront of someone so elderly in the baking heat like that. Should have offered to switch seats.

Well said 

Some time ago, someone posted a feature on Bernie from the matchday programme back in the 1970's or something when he was a (relatively) handsome young chap smartly dressed in a suit.

It's easy when looking at old (and slightly crazy) people to forget that they were not always that way.

Far play to Bernie, some of the goading and bullying behavior dished out to him by some younger fans is disgraceful.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

Some time ago, someone posted a feature on Bernie from the matchday programme back in the 1970's or something when he was a (relatively) handsome young chap smartly dressed in a suit.

It's easy when looking at old (and slightly crazy) people to forget that they were not always that way.

Far play to Bernie, some of the goading and bullying behavior dished out to him by some younger fans is disgraceful.

Spot on.

I remember seeing that 70's programme article posted on here. He's a diehard City fan like most of us on here. Obviously he's aging now and he doesn't appear to have been fully compos mentis for quite a few years now but as a true supporter he is a legend.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Royston. said:

does he have a passport?

Why wouldn't he?

He gets to all away games, knows what time kick off is, when to catch a train, bus or coach.

He's not the mentally ill person a lot make him out to be, yes his hygiene is questionable but so is that of a lot of fans that were in Wembley lol

On 8/9/2016 at 20:27, Wymeswold fox said:

Wonder what he does when there's no games on.

It's funny you ask this.

I had to go loughborough a couple of years ago on a random tuesday afternoon. I genuinely see Bernie with two carrier bags marching down the street and a bunch of forest fans started shouting abuse at him and he just stuck two fingers up and carried on marching down the road.

Legend.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

This, I just wish that their first instinct would be yo say hello or something rather than whip out their phones and goad him into acting up for a few cheap likes on YouTube. Says more about the people filming him than Bernie himself. 

Can an anyone remember years ago when birch interviewed him on the pitch? 

13 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Will be amazing to see Bernie make it to Europe with us this season!

Someone needs to look after him if we go through Calais, God only knows what they'd make of him in the Jungle. lol

Does anyone actually know what's wrong with Bernie?

eg. Has he got a mental illness, is he an alcoholic, just very eccentric etc?

I've always wondered.

He always seems very lonely. He's a bit of a legend I guess, and a laughing stock to some extent, but all I ever see is a really sad bloke that I can never really understand.

13 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Bit of a dickhead move to stand infront of someone so elderly in the baking heat like that. Should have offered to switch seats.

Well said good sir. 

He's so vulnerable and when I see people taking the piss out of him at games and in pubs it does grind my gears. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, promised land said:

Why wouldn't he?

He gets to all away games, knows what time kick off is, when to catch a train, bus or coach.

He's not the mentally ill person a lot make him out to be, yes his hygiene is questionable but so is that of a lot of fans that were in Wembley lol

I think has got some sort mentally ill problems but I think sometimes he knows people see him as mad so I think he acts even madder. I find it amazing really he manages to get about. I'd love radio leicester to one day do an interview, cause I can imagine he as a few stories to tell. 

21 hours ago, AKCJ said:

No it wasn't the guy next to Bernie only stood up when every one in front of him did then he sat down again.  He wasn't persistently standing deliberately blocking his view. If he had swapped seats it would have made no difference as the rows in front were standing on occasions.

Bernie used to sit with us many years ago in the old turnstile pub but I don't want to go up to him and say hello in case he thinks I'm just another knob head taking the piss.

was always an interesting bloke to talk to.

never  had the idiots filming etc back then 

Edited by Rich Fox