Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Stolen from Bentley's Roof.

 

mcag5f.jpg

Die hard fan and he married a Leicester legend too.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10 August 2016 at 10:18, The whole world smiles said:

David Attenborough is from London his dad taught here for a bit. embarrassing that we try to claim him in my humble opinion.

A bit disingenuous really, he did a little more than teach here!

 

He was born in Islington because his father was principal of the borough road training college for 7 years before coming to Leicester to be be principal for the university college Leicester for 19 years (now Leicester university)

 

He grew up in Leicester from the age of about 5 or 6 for most of his formative years after being born somewhere which the family had been for only 7 years. 

 

He he has much more reason to be linked to Leicester I'd say than islington!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lcfc81 said:

A bit disingenuous really, he did a little more than teach here!

 

He was born in Islington because his father was principal of the borough road training college for 7 years before coming to Leicester to be be principal for the university college Leicester for 19 years (now Leicester university)

 

He grew up in Leicester from the age of about 5 or 6 for most of his formative years after being born somewhere which the family had been for only 7 years. 

 

He he has much more reason to be linked to Leicester I'd say than islington!

Maybe so mate but he wasn't born here, his family wasn't born here and as soon as he left for uni he never returned here to live.

 

he's a great man who's had a fantastic career and I wish he was from Leicester but does not qualify as a son of this great city.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Maybe so mate but he wasn't born here, his family wasn't born here and as soon as he left for uni he never returned here to live.

 

he's a great man who's had a fantastic career and I wish he was from Leicester but does not qualify as a son of this great city.

I conceded, 

his dad certainly had an impact on the city, and to some extent his older brother, you are right though David's footprint is definitely more difficult to see!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bilo said:

Has anyone seen him lately?

Heart skips a beat when I see his name at the top of the forum. Hope he's ok...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Heart skips a beat when I see his name at the top of the forum. Hope he's ok...

Same as me then....but when I think about it he does seem to have disappeared in the last year or two. Before the title winning year he was always around and about near the local hero/around the stadium. But I don't seem to see him any more. 

 

Really hope he's ok. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me too, but I was discussing with a friend earlier about how he hadn't been seen in ages.

 

Hopefully he's OK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

He retired from supporting leicester after the premier league title win he currently resides in the Cotswolds with his wife and horse Walshy

In a infinite universe that is happening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/04/2013 at 22:13, THEBIGJOHNSTEADER; said:

I remember one night I pulled a cracking blonde in Zanzibar, great arse, good kisser, I was absolutely steaming but I still managed to get it up back at my place, and we just made love all night it was fantastic. She was beautiful. Then in the morning I awoke, looked over to her, it was Bernie. Worst case of beer goggles I've ever had. Has anyone else ever done that?

Probably many but I doubt they will be as brave as you to admit it lol xx

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not since he gobbed  (inadvertently) in my daughters Coca Cola outside the Swan & Rushes during the title winning season...  I thought I hadn’t seen him for a while 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was driving through Loughborough the other week he was waiting for a bus , I gave him a quick alright mate and he just growled at me ....... good old Bernie ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to Jim on twitter he was at the man United game and is still attending. He must just be sneaking in and out these days. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard he decided to splash the cash and bought a box at the ground, that’s his car outside the main entrance that’s got a cover over it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad to hear he's still attending, I wonder if he's going in and out of games quietly because he just wants a quiet life these days. He's certainly getting on a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×