Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicesterpool

Bernie

On 10 August 2016 at 10:18, The whole world smiles said:

David Attenborough is from London his dad taught here for a bit. embarrassing that we try to claim him in my humble opinion.

A bit disingenuous really, he did a little more than teach here!

He was born in Islington because his father was principal of the borough road training college for 7 years before coming to Leicester to be be principal for the university college Leicester for 19 years (now Leicester university)

He grew up in Leicester from the age of about 5 or 6 for most of his formative years after being born somewhere which the family had been for only 7 years. 

He he has much more reason to be linked to Leicester I'd say than islington!

3 minutes ago, lcfc81 said:

A bit disingenuous really, he did a little more than teach here!

He was born in Islington because his father was principal of the borough road training college for 7 years before coming to Leicester to be be principal for the university college Leicester for 19 years (now Leicester university)

He grew up in Leicester from the age of about 5 or 6 for most of his formative years after being born somewhere which the family had been for only 7 years. 

He he has much more reason to be linked to Leicester I'd say than islington!

Maybe so mate but he wasn't born here, his family wasn't born here and as soon as he left for uni he never returned here to live.

he's a great man who's had a fantastic career and I wish he was from Leicester but does not qualify as a son of this great city.

21 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Maybe so mate but he wasn't born here, his family wasn't born here and as soon as he left for uni he never returned here to live.

he's a great man who's had a fantastic career and I wish he was from Leicester but does not qualify as a son of this great city.

I conceded, 

his dad certainly had an impact on the city, and to some extent his older brother, you are right though David's footprint is definitely more difficult to see!

• 1 year later...
5 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Heart skips a beat when I see his name at the top of the forum. Hope he's ok...

Same as me then....but when I think about it he does seem to have disappeared in the last year or two. Before the title winning year he was always around and about near the local hero/around the stadium. But I don't seem to see him any more. 

Really hope he's ok. 

On 21/04/2013 at 22:13, THEBIGJOHNSTEADER; said:

I remember one night I pulled a cracking blonde in Zanzibar, great arse, good kisser, I was absolutely steaming but I still managed to get it up back at my place, and we just made love all night it was fantastic. She was beautiful. Then in the morning I awoke, looked over to her, it was Bernie. Worst case of beer goggles I've ever had. Has anyone else ever done that?

Probably many but I doubt they will be as brave as you to admit it lol xx

• Haha 1