Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The Good News thread, local jobs, economy etc

Leicestershire’s dole queue shrunk at its fastest rate for six months in June.

Figures released today said the claimant count fell by 714 – or 3.3 per cent – to 20,660 last month.

1. ​5069518.jpg

Leicestershire’s dole queue shrunk at its fastest rate for six months in June

In the city, the figure fell by 364 to 12,187, while in the county the number dropped by 350 to 8,473.

Martin Traynor, chief executive of Leicestershire Chamber of Commerce, said: “This is the biggest monthly fall in the Jobseekers’ Allowance claimant figure since January.

“Obviously, from our point of view this is encouraging, but there are still skill shortages out there which are causing businesses problems.”

He said the chamber estimated there were between 24,000 and 26,000 vacancies in the county. Jobcentre Plus, the Government jobs agency, no longer provides monthly updates on the number of vacancies in a specific area.

Nationally, the claimant count fell by 21,200 – or 1.4 per cent – to 1.48 million last month.

Nationwide unemployment dropping like a stone as well.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23340165

Jobs for anyone who wants one. I feel an economic boom building up. Great time to slash benefits, force people out to take up the jobs, get everything moving and kill off the hand out culture once and for all.

Edited by MooseBreath

Guest MattP

Jobs for anyone who wants one. I feel an economic boom building up. Great time to slash benefits, force people out to take up the jobs, get everything moving and kill off the hand out culture once and for all.

Looking very promising at the minute.

Good news, about bloody time.

Purely out of self-interest, make sure there's more jobs going in the STEM sector please...  :whistle:

If you change the definition of unemployed each month then you can do what you want with the statistics.

• Like 1

Guest MattP

If you change the definition of unemployed each month then you can do what you want with the statistics.

If that's the case how do the figures look bad on the government a lot of the time?

If that's the case how do the figures look bad on the government a lot of the time?

Because they often are, though I guess it depends on your definition of 'bad'.  Like the figures above showing  unemployment falling....great, long term unemployment at 17 year high... bad.  Rarely you will see figures like unemployment looking 100% positive even positive stat's can be spun various ways.

A lot more people are getting petty sanctioned and the time for appeals going through are taking longer..

I know somebody that was at an interview but the sanction had been enforced after he had told them which meant his money was stopped.

It is one fewer that I know of. I signed off the other week and transferred to pension Credit. It will probably take 6 weeks for them to sort it out which means no money coming in,  the sanctions are instant and the money is stopped right away . Very fair.

Guest MattP

A lot more people are getting petty sanctioned and the time for appeals going through are taking longer..

I know somebody that was at an interview but the sanction had been enforced after he had told them which meant his money was stopped.

It is one fewer that I know of. I signed off the other week and transferred to pension Credit. It will probably take 6 weeks for them to sort it out which means no money coming in,  the sanctions are instant and the money is stopped right away . Very fair.

You 65 now or do you have a private pension?

Guest MattP

Been falling like a stone for many years but depending on who you vote for its either untrue or brilliant news,

To be fair I have been fairly consistent in stating crime is falling because people can't be arsed to report it anymore.

I don't bother unless I need a crime number.

To be fair I have been fairly consistent in stating crime is falling because people can't be arsed to report it anymore.

I don't bother unless I need a crime number.

that's you and most of the rest of the population that feels pretty much the same .

If crime is really going down , then let's see some figures from the insurance companies , banks etc who are compensating victims of crime . 

How much less are they paying year on year ?

And of course there are the  local authorities who are cleaning up the mess and doing repeated repairs.

How much less do they spend per annum on this ?

Maybe we'll have a good case for lower insurance premiums and local taxes.
  • Like 1