Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MooseBreath

Reasons for bans and posts deletions

The management of this forum is manifestly unfair for the following reasons;

a) I have yet to be given one of these bans and therefore feel that preferential treatment has been shown to other posters through giving them "status" that has not been made available to all. As a result of this discrimination I am not truly in a position to bleat about those who freely give up their time to be playground monitors and keep this site running in a reasonably civilised way.

b) see para a above.

c) see paras b and c above

d) as above

I shall be writing to my local MP to bring to his attention this breach of my Human Rights and shall keenly listen to the next Prime Minister's Question Time in the expectation that it shall be brought to the attention of the House.

Mike (aged 26 years and 9 months)

If there is a set of rules I have not read them. I try to treat the posters on the forum as I would with people in the real world. That is my rule one and I would think forum rules are mainly tied in with that. I have no need or desire to make multiple accounts. Why is it done? Fool others? delude them? So that you can say things and not be associated with the flack? Not for me. Take me as I am.

If there is a set of rules I have not read them. I try to treat the posters on the forum as I would with people in the real world. That is my rule one and I would think forum rules are mainly tied in with that. I have no need or desire to make multiple accounts. Why is it done? Fool others? delude them? So that you can say things and not be associated with the flack? Not for me. Take me as I am.

What if your primary account was banned for no reason?

And then subsequent accounts also?

I've just been reading about this new "gagging law" in general chat , I thought it was just scaremongering , but it's really happening people !!!!

:D

We're currently considering putting Rincewind in charge of gagging. >_<

If El Empty was mod none of this would even be happening.

Or at least if it was it'd be the work of some secret organisation controlling the planet :whistle:

Eh, I think it's really rather lenient - I mod over on the student room and well, post petitions or fvck, **** etc. (any swearing that isn't ****) and you're prone to alerts or warnings. Derail a thread and you'll get yourself some shiny warning points. Over here... has a thread ever had action taken on it after derailment? Decends into a farce and keeps going.

Eh, I think it's really rather lenient - I mod over on the student room and well, post petitions or fvck, **** etc. (any swearing that isn't ****) and you're prone to alerts or warnings. Derail a thread and you'll get yourself some shiny warning points. Over here... has a thread ever had action taken on it after derailment? Decends into a farce and keeps going.

That's part of the fun surely?

That's part of the fun surely?

True, I enjoy seeing the course threads take: such as the Ben Marshall one going to discussion about best sandwich fillings. My point was more that all this bitching about overzealous mods is a bit far fetched, because the mods are very lenient here.

Alternatively...

tumblr_ms66lmwcrm1r8zltuo1_500.jpg

Autobans for swearing. Were that implemented I think this forum would have no members left.

There should definitely be an explanation given for bans. I've had countless bans despite not having broken a forum rule.

I've often clicked 'report' on posts where a rule has been broken - with no action taken, purely to highlight the favouritism and therefore leniency the mods/admin show to some posters, whilst I'm banned for nothing.

Still, I suppose if they ban all those who actually stand up for themselves and say something (and I know Moosebreath won't like to me lumped in with me) like Moosebreath and I, you can have your nice forum of sheep, nodding in agreement and no potential for conflict.

Haven't you made loads of alternate accounts? Pretty sure that's against the rules.

You also seem to spam threads a lot when you're having one of your little tantrums.

I think if you generally don't act like a dickhead you won't be affected by them, hence why you and all the non-dickheads on here never have any problems.

Archived