Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

The Smiths

I am a massive Smiths fan (I'm actually listening to 'Still Ill' as I type).

My favourite song is 'Bigmouth Strikes Again', but I also like 'The Boy With A Thorn In His Side'.

Would love to have seen them live. I'd love to see Morrissey live as well, I'd actually like to meet him. The guy is a genius, some of his lyrics are funny. I think you have to be a fan to 'get him'... His book was released yesterday, so I was hoping he'd do some signing up here, but I don't think it's going to happen.

I love being at Uni at Manchester, just because it's their home. I live near Rusholme, so I often stick 'Rusholme Ruffians' on.

Edited by Fox92

I used to think they were great when I was younger & whilst I still consider there to be some great tracks........I barely listen to them nowadays.

Not many tracks I don't like, but it seems strange that people have 'Big Mouth' as their favourite - when that's one of the few that I would skip.

• Like 1

Morrissey is a fecking knob

No he isn't... He just says things which other people don't dare say and, more that often, don't like.

He has always been seen as 'controversial' but from all his interviews I don't think he is, it's just that there arn't many musicians who come out and say things straight out.

Morrissey is a genius, one of this Countries finest ever songwriters. Some of his lyrics are so genius... 'Nowhere Fast', despite being a great song and one of my favourites, contains some very funny lines.

No he isn't... He just says things which other people don't dare say and, more that often, don't like.

He has always been seen as 'controversial' but from all his interviews I don't think he is, it's just that there arn't many musicians who come out and say things straight out.

Morrissey is a genius, one of this Countries finest ever songwriters. Some of his lyrics are so genius... 'Nowhere Fast', despite being a great song and one of my favourites, contains some very funny lines.

His lyrics are sometimes intelligent & witty........but your overuse of the word 'genius' is a little disconcerting.

What has he ever said that nobody else would dare say?

Don't get me wrong.  I used to love The Smiths during the 80's & I wasn't a million miles away from NHS bins, quiff & a cardie.  Whereas you see him as genius or controversial.....I see him as having his head stuck up his own arse a lot of the time.  

I don't mean to slag the bloke because I am a fan of The Smiths & Morrissey, but I don't think he does himself any favours sometimes.

• Like 2