Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
foxfanazer

Oasis

Recommended Posts

Noel's lost the plot, too hard trying to be Damon Albarn and be seen to do something different.

 

A ringing alarm clock on the latest one, sounds like someone has gone nuts with all the samples on garage band.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Noel's lost the plot, too hard trying to be Damon Albarn and be seen to do something different.

 

A ringing alarm clock on the latest one, sounds like someone has gone nuts with all the samples on garage band.

I thought Fort Knox was quite a decent track, bit of a euphoric ****in in the bushes 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

I thought Fort Knox was quite a decent track, bit of a euphoric ****in in the bushes 

I suppose it depends on the context of the album, if it's just one of those obvious instrumental "into songs" they chucked onto every album then fine.... but I wouldn't be putting ****ing in the bushes or swamp song etc out as a single!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Babylon said:

Noel's lost the plot, too hard trying to be Damon Albarn and be seen to do something different.

 

A ringing alarm clock on the latest one, sounds like someone has gone nuts with all the samples on garage band.

I just about never 'dislike' a video on youtube, but that one is just so deserving of it. Sounds like an underwhelming jam session from when they were recording Dig Out Your Soul.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Dr Marco said:

here's my favorite Noel solo song (a B-side !!)

 

 

I love that song too, but the demo is even better IMO. 

In a similar style this demo leaked a few years ago, really like that too. Very Neil Young in sound, and a million miles from Oasis. Absolutely class song. 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alone on the Rope another favourite of mine from the b-sides since he's gone solo.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love Liam's new album, haven't ventured into any of the new Noel stuff will wait for the album. With both doing some cracking solo stuff, beggars belief why people would want a reunion at this point 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/11/2017 at 18:33, The Horse's Mouth said:

Love Liam's new album, haven't ventured into any of the new Noel stuff will wait for the album. With both doing some cracking solo stuff, beggars belief why people would want a reunion at this point 

Because they work even better together in fairness 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

In the 90s Aye, but aside from that they ended with some shiters

There were a couple of later records that were excellent - Importance Of Being Idle, Lyla etc were good songs.

 

But for me, although I like Oasis and Noel Gallagher is a good songwriter, I think Oasis were good but that's about it. I've always preferred Blur personally because Blur were constantly changing - listen to Blur albums and each one sounds different but I don't get that with Oasis. That's why I was pleased that Noel Gallagher has released a few singles that sound a bit different to what he's done before.

 

I'm not a fan of reunions because I think if a legacy is there (as it is with Oasis) then just leave it, but there are many better bands than Oasis.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

There were a couple of later records that were excellent - Importance Of Being Idle, Lyla etc were good songs.

 

But for me, although I like Oasis and Noel Gallagher is a good songwriter, I think Oasis were good but that's about it. I've always preferred Blur personally because Blur were constantly changing - listen to Blur albums and each one sounds different but I don't get that with Oasis. That's why I was pleased that Noel Gallagher has released a few singles that sound a bit different to what he's done before.

 

I'm not a fan of reunions because I think if a legacy is there (as it is with Oasis) then just leave it, but there are many better bands than Oasis.

I do totally agree with the blur shout

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Quite like the new Noel track 

Yeah, my favourite so far, just behind Fort Knox.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I quite like the Plastic Bertrand one. A long time since I've said that about anything from the Oasis stable.

 

If you're going to rip something off you might as well rip off something good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I quite like the Plastic Bertrand one. A long time since I've said that about anything from the Oasis stable.

 

If you're going to rip something off you might as well rip off something good

 

True that....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

 

True that....

 

 

In fairness I think it's more of a homage than a rip off. It's not like it's an obscure track is it?

 

I like the mad flute/piccolo (or whatever it is) bits on it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

In fairness I think it's more of a homage than a rip off. It's not like it's an obscure track is it?

 

I like the mad flute/piccolo (or whatever it is) bits on it

 

Indeed - an amusing resemblance/influence, not just shameless copying.

 

All music draws on prior influences to varying degrees. Maybe this song does it more than most, but he does try to do his own thing, too.

Even someone as off-the-wall as Captain Beefheart drew a lot on old blues and jazz music.

 

As someone in the comments section pointed out, the Damned ripped that song off much more blatantly for "Jet Boy, Jet Girl".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/11/2017 at 12:22, Fox92 said:

There were a couple of later records that were excellent - Importance Of Being Idle, Lyla etc were good songs.

 

But for me, although I like Oasis and Noel Gallagher is a good songwriter, I think Oasis were good but that's about it. I've always preferred Blur personally because Blur were constantly changing - listen to Blur albums and each one sounds different but I don't get that with Oasis. That's why I was pleased that Noel Gallagher has released a few singles that sound a bit different to what he's done before.

 

I'm not a fan of reunions because I think if a legacy is there (as it is with Oasis) then just leave it, but there are many better bands than Oasis.

I suppose it depends on your taste I guess and I certainly respect your viewpoint buddy 

 

however for me Oasis were/are the best band in living history 

 

Stone Roses push them close in their heyday but otherwise . . . . . 

 

Just opinions that’s all 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/11/2017 at 22:29, Izzy Muzzett said:

Alright mate, don't rub it in. I love Noel as a musician but he's so far up his own arse sometimes...

 

Noel Gallagher: I don't know anyone as rich as me

 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/entertainment-arts-41990795/noel-gallagher-i-don-t-know-anyone-as-rich-as-me

Funny that he says that line then immediately goes on to talk about touring with U2.

 

I feel comparing bank statements with Bono might be a reminder for him.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×