Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Oasis

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Noel's lost the plot, too hard trying to be Damon Albarn and be seen to do something different.

A ringing alarm clock on the latest one, sounds like someone has gone nuts with all the samples on garage band.

I thought Fort Knox was quite a decent track, bit of a euphoric ****in in the bushes 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

I thought Fort Knox was quite a decent track, bit of a euphoric ****in in the bushes 

I suppose it depends on the context of the album, if it's just one of those obvious instrumental "into songs" they chucked onto every album then fine.... but I wouldn't be putting ****ing in the bushes or swamp song etc out as a single!!!

12 hours ago, Babylon said:

Noel's lost the plot, too hard trying to be Damon Albarn and be seen to do something different.

A ringing alarm clock on the latest one, sounds like someone has gone nuts with all the samples on garage band.

I just about never 'dislike' a video on youtube, but that one is just so deserving of it. Sounds like an underwhelming jam session from when they were recording Dig Out Your Soul.

20 hours ago, Dr Marco said:

here's my favorite Noel solo song (a B-side !!)

I love that song too, but the demo is even better IMO. 

In a similar style this demo leaked a few years ago, really like that too. Very Neil Young in sound, and a million miles from Oasis. Absolutely class song. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

In the 90s Aye, but aside from that they ended with some shiters

There were a couple of later records that were excellent - Importance Of Being Idle, Lyla etc were good songs.

But for me, although I like Oasis and Noel Gallagher is a good songwriter, I think Oasis were good but that's about it. I've always preferred Blur personally because Blur were constantly changing - listen to Blur albums and each one sounds different but I don't get that with Oasis. That's why I was pleased that Noel Gallagher has released a few singles that sound a bit different to what he's done before.

I'm not a fan of reunions because I think if a legacy is there (as it is with Oasis) then just leave it, but there are many better bands than Oasis.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

There were a couple of later records that were excellent - Importance Of Being Idle, Lyla etc were good songs.

But for me, although I like Oasis and Noel Gallagher is a good songwriter, I think Oasis were good but that's about it. I've always preferred Blur personally because Blur were constantly changing - listen to Blur albums and each one sounds different but I don't get that with Oasis. That's why I was pleased that Noel Gallagher has released a few singles that sound a bit different to what he's done before.

I'm not a fan of reunions because I think if a legacy is there (as it is with Oasis) then just leave it, but there are many better bands than Oasis.

I do totally agree with the blur shout

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

In fairness I think it's more of a homage than a rip off. It's not like it's an obscure track is it?

I like the mad flute/piccolo (or whatever it is) bits on it

Indeed - an amusing resemblance/influence, not just shameless copying.

All music draws on prior influences to varying degrees. Maybe this song does it more than most, but he does try to do his own thing, too.

Even someone as off-the-wall as Captain Beefheart drew a lot on old blues and jazz music.

As someone in the comments section pointed out, the Damned ripped that song off much more blatantly for "Jet Boy, Jet Girl".

On 15/11/2017 at 12:22, Fox92 said:

I suppose it depends on your taste I guess and I certainly respect your viewpoint buddy 

however for me Oasis were/are the best band in living history 

Stone Roses push them close in their heyday but otherwise . . . . . 

Just opinions that’s all 

On 19/11/2017 at 22:29, Izzy Muzzett said:

Alright mate, don't rub it in. I love Noel as a musician but he's so far up his own arse sometimes...

Noel Gallagher: I don't know anyone as rich as me

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/entertainment-arts-41990795/noel-gallagher-i-don-t-know-anyone-as-rich-as-me

Funny that he says that line then immediately goes on to talk about touring with U2.

I feel comparing bank statements with Bono might be a reminder for him.

• Haha 1