Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Oasis

On 01/04/2017 at 14:22, Libertine said:

Enjoyed Supersonic doc. Some brilliant quotes, especially the one from Noel about having Phil Collins' severed head in his fridge.

And people slagging Morning Glory can Gary Taylor-Fletcher.

It's a brilliant film, was one of the free films included with Amazon Prime last time I checked too!

On 3/31/2017 at 23:48, Izzy Muzzett said:

I haven't posted in this thread before, but just want to say that for me, this is the greatest Oasis song of all time :thumbup:

I've listened and re-listened to this song so many times since it was released, and I still can't understand why so many people list this as one of their favourites.

TBF, I quite like the melody of the chorus bit. But the verses have that quasi-pyschadelic sound that is somewhere between kula shaker and a very downbeat lightning seeds.

And the lyrics, good lord, i mean I'm an oasis fan so I know what to expect, but even by noel's standards these are some real half-baked vague meanderings. He might as well be singing "something something, etc etc etc,"

Not to rain on your party, but have a word with yourself :P

3 hours ago, winchesterton said:

I've listened and re-listened to this song so many times since it was released, and I still can't understand why so many people list this as one of their favourites.

TBF, I quite like the melody of the chorus bit. But the verses have that quasi-pyschadelic sound that is somewhere between kula shaker and a very downbeat lightning seeds.

And the lyrics, good lord, i mean I'm an oasis fan so I know what to expect, but even by noel's standards these are some real half-baked vague meanderings. He might as well be singing "something something, etc etc etc,"

Not to rain on your party, but have a word with yourself :P

:P to you too!! 

It's all about different tastes I suppose. Personally I think Wonderwall is a fvckin terrible song but I know lots of Oasis fans who love it. P.S. My 'second' favourite Oasis tune is Champagne Supernova - do you approve of that? :P

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

:P to you too!! 

It's all about different tastes I suppose. Personally I think Wonderwall is a fvckin terrible song but I know lots of Oasis fans who love it. P.S. My 'second' favourite Oasis tune is Champagne Supernova - do you approve of that? :P

yeah that one's alright :D

• 3 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Oasis were one of the last bands who seemed to care about the B side as much as the A side.  The Masterplan 'b side collection' is probably my favourite Oasis album.

They didn't care about B sides any more than anyone else... they were just so good for that moment in time their throw away songs beat what most bands ever put out hands down.

I probably listen to the Masterplan more than any of their other albums and Whatever one of my favourite songs... never even been on a bloody album!!!

34 minutes ago, Babylon said:

They didn't care about B sides any more than anyone else... they were just so good for that moment in time their throw away songs beat what most bands ever put out hands down.

I probably listen to the Masterplan more than any of their other albums and Whatever one of my favourite songs... never even been on a bloody album!!!

Yeah great single that.  It always reminds me of Christmas, not sure why, unless it was released around that time???

Edited by purpleronnie

• 4 weeks later...

Liam Gallagher's new song being played on Radio 1 at 7.30 tonight.

He's not done great since Oasis, Beady Eye were pretty shit but the bit i've heard from this new song (I assume it's the new song that i've heard abit of) sound pretty decent.

On 2017-5-7 at 17:45, Ian W LCFC said:

They've got some great B-sides that weren't even on The Masterplan.

Let's All Make Believe

Idlers Dream

Flashbax

Step Out

Just to name a few.

Acquiesce is a cracker.... The Masterplan is there 2nd best album after Definately Maybe.

That new Liam track though... typical solo Gallagher bland paint by numbers forgettable offering

Edited by separator

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Like it. 

I like it to a degree, his best offering since Oasis. There's definitely positive splashes of Oasis in there mixed with a more contemporary sound but I can't help but feel the lyrics and songwriting still lacks somewhat. Him and Noel were two parts of a very simple but effective jigsaw and I doubt we'll ever get anything of real quality with their solo careers.

I like the track. Much prefer Liam's vocals to Noel's.

So happy I got to see Oasis with the proper lineup. Had a bit of trouble getting Liam into Canada at the time, so it was a bit touch and go for the show. But he made it and it was an amazing concert.

Couldn't get past 2 minutes of that. It seems like he is trying too hard to sound like Oasis and not trying at all to actually make a good song.

To be honest, I never listened to Beady Eye, other than what I might have heard listening to the radio. Noel was always the genius imo.

5 hours ago, FireFox said:

Couldn't get past 2 minutes of that. It seems like he is trying too hard to sound like Oasis and not trying at all to actually make a good song.

To be honest, I never listened to Beady Eye, other than what I might have heard listening to the radio. Noel was always the genius imo.

Noel was the genius but Liam had the arrogance and swagger to be the indomitable frontman and for me that was as big a part in making Oasis as Noel. 

Just now, Finnaldo said:

Noel was the genius but Liam had the arrogance and swagger to be the indomitable frontman and for me that was as big a part in making Oasis as Noel. 

Yeah definitely; but to me, Noel has already proved himself. He doesn't need that 'swagger' for his solo work - it can just stand by itself, and imo it has been quality.

1 minute ago, FireFox said:

Yeah definitely; but to me, Noel has already proved himself. He doesn't need that 'swagger' for his solo work - it can just stand by itself, and imo it has been quality.

Fair enough mate, be interesting to see what Liam's album does offer as a whole though.

On ‎31‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 22:30, Finnaldo said:

I like it to a degree, his best offering since Oasis. There's definitely positive splashes of Oasis in there mixed with a more contemporary sound but I can't help but feel the lyrics and songwriting still lacks somewhat. Him and Noel were two parts of a very simple but effective jigsaw and I doubt we'll ever get anything of real quality with their solo careers.

1 hour ago, Finnaldo said:

Agree with you 100% on both of these points.

I like Noels solo stuff but his voice and swagger just isn't the same as Liam's. I didn't mind the odd Beady Eye song and I do quite like his new song but in terms of the lyrics and music it's all very simple without Noel.

Despite that I am still looking forward to Liam's solo album and Noels new one, which I believe are due out October and November respectively.

I am just glad I managed to see Oasis live a number of times before they split.

1 hour ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

Agree with you 100% on both of these points.

I like Noels solo stuff but his voice and swagger just isn't the same as Liam's. I didn't mind the odd Beady Eye song and I do quite like his new song but in terms of the lyrics and music it's all very simple without Noel.

Noel's lyrics were equally simple, simple tunes, simple lyrics, great melodies, that was Oasis.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, FireFox said:

Noel was the genius, yeah - that's why Liam cannot cope alone and always talks of an Oasis reuinion. (As with every band, a reunion would ruin it for me).

I listened to Beady Eye a bit but that's it. Never bought an album.

I've got both High Flying Bird albums though. Noel isn't a great singer or a great frontman but as a songwriter he's up there - not as a true great but certainly at a good level.