Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingcarr21

Clash of Clans

I deleted it last week. The update completely destroyed the game for me. Just comes across as greed from SC to make it so difficult to farm a lot of resources without sweating the game for hours and hours a day.

Eh? Since the update the game is 100 times better. Its never been easier to get loot from raids and the cost to rearm traps is massively reduced. Literally every raid im making at least 400k gold. Since the update ive upgraded all my mortars and wiz towers to max level for TH10 and my TH8 account is smashing upgrades.

Think you need to look at how you play the game from the sounds of it. Ive heard nothing but great things with the update

I'm just going th10, but the new update has made it impossible for me to save hardly anything. At present I just like warring. I only go on 1 or 2 times a day at best.

Really? Maybe its good for me as im in champion league. Our leader is down in gold league barching and making a killing in gold and elixir, he is TH11

Edited by kingcarr21

I deleted it last week. The update completely destroyed the game for me. Just comes across as greed from SC to make it so difficult to farm a lot of resources without sweating the game for hours and hours a day.

For me its the complete opposite. They've made the game easier to raid loot and less likely to buy gems

Really? Maybe its good for me as im in champion league. Our leader is down in gold league barching and making a killing in gold and elixir, he is TH11

I used to just get sniped so my de used to be really easy to save. Since no snipes available now, every time I get raided, I get completely done over. I may need to lower my trophies, but I've lost most interest in the game.

I used to just get sniped so my de used to be really easy to save. Since no snipes available now, every time I get raided, I get completely done over. I may need to lower my trophies, but I've lost most interest in the game.

The major difference now is the fact of only losing 3 hours shield each raid. What I lose when someone attacks me I make back in 1 raid. A 12 hour shield I will get 3 raids in.

I used to be like you. Letting people snipe me as I rarely raided. Now though you're daft if you don't raid. So much loot available in raiding now its ridiculous. If I lose 3k DE I make a good 3k DE each raid I do (my bonus I get about covers the DE I spend in an army)

How often do you raid?

The major difference now is the fact of only losing 3 hours shield each raid. What I lose when someone attacks me I make back in 1 raid. A 12 hour shield I will get 3 raids in.

I used to be like you. Letting people snipe me as I rarely raided. Now though you're daft if you don't raid. So much loot available in raiding now its ridiculous. If I lose 3k DE I make a good 3k DE each raid I do (my bonus I get about covers the DE I spend in an army)

How often do you raid?

Hardly ever, maybe twice a day. The update favours those which are active which is fair enough. Usually it's 2 attacks and 4 raids in a 2 day period.

Hardly ever, maybe twice a day. The update favours those which are active which is fair enough. Usually it's 2 attacks and 4 raids in a 2 day period.

You will never make loot if you don't raid. I raid prob 5 times a day and make a killing. 5 times isn't much at all. Give yourself a couple of days raiding and see how you get on. My army takes about 2 hours to build (spells) so its not relentless raiding its steady throughout the day. Shame if you are going to TH10 that you give up on the game.

I'll have TH9 in about 3 days.

Disproportionately excited.

I don't raid constantly because I have a job and stuff, but probably 2 or 3 a day on average, unless it's one of those rare days when I'm left to my own devices and boost the spell factory and a barracks so I can do one attack after another with a relatively small gap in between.

I've been playing it a year and I must admit there's still a fair bit I just don't understand - Clan Wars, for example.  Just never bothered looking at them properly

I'll have TH9 in about 3 days.

Disproportionately excited.

I don't raid constantly because I have a job and stuff, but probably 2 or 3 a day on average, unless it's one of those rare days when I'm left to my own devices and boost the spell factory and a barracks so I can do one attack after another with a relatively small gap in between.

I've been playing it a year and I must admit there's still a fair bit I just don't understand - Clan Wars, for example.  Just never bothered looking at them properly

Clan wars make the game much more enjoyable. Your clan working as a team to win a war is quite satisfying. Are you not part of a clan then? You can learn a lot from other members of a clan to make raiding easier. Clan Wars are a good way of saving up loot aswell.

You will never make loot if you don't raid. I raid prob 5 times a day and make a killing. 5 times isn't much at all. Give yourself a couple of days raiding and see how you get on. My army takes about 2 hours to build (spells) so its not relentless raiding its steady throughout the day. Shame if you are going to TH10 that you give up on the game.

I used to make enough before the upgrade by just going off collectors, now the loot I win from a war pays for the next attack as it's mainly de I use. Luckily my clan wins like 90% of our wars at the minute.

Clan wars make the game much more enjoyable. Your clan working as a team to win a war is quite satisfying. Are you not part of a clan then? You can learn a lot from other members of a clan to make raiding easier. Clan Wars are a good way of saving up loot aswell.

I'm part of the BUM clan, for no reason whatsoever.  The clan castle is about the only thing I never upgrade, which might be a terrible mistake.  I used to donate troops to folk when asked just to look good, but I've very rarely asked for any in return

I'm part of the BUM clan, for no reason whatsoever.  The clan castle is about the only thing I never upgrade, which might be a terrible mistake.  I used to donate troops to folk when asked just to look good, but I've very rarely asked for any in return

The cc is one of the most important things to upgrade. Sounds like you need to move clan.

See, this is what happens when you do things on your own.

I'll address the former, but how do you identify a good clan?  I was only going on the name, obviously

The thing is unless you take clan wars seriously then I don't think it will make much difference to you. My clan is PhoenixSociety. Were a good clan who win more than we lose. Probably due to how serious the leader takes it (to the point where sometimes I think he needs medication)

You can try and join our clan if you want. Depends if you have a rushed base or not.

The thing is unless you take clan wars seriously then I don't think it will make much difference to you. My clan is PhoenixSociety. Were a good clan who win more than we lose. Probably due to how serious the leader takes it (to the point where sometimes I think he needs medication)

You can try and join our clan if you want. Depends if you have a rushed base or not.

Even this bit confuses me - don't you have a different base for Wars than your normal one?

Even this bit confuses me - don't you have a different base for Wars than your normal one?

Your war base will be set up to defend town hall so ur oppo gets as few stars as possible. Your normal base will be to defend storages. If you google good war bases you will see the difference.

• 1 month later...

I think I got my head round it in the end.  I also discovered that I was being invited to join other people's clans, which I'd not actually noticed before.

I joined one after about 10 seconds of assessing the offers, liked to think I was a model clan member, dishing out troops left right and centre, and then just before our first war got booted out.  I was more intrigued than offended, and since then I've had repeated invites from the ones that chucked me out so it might well have been a mistake anyway.

If anyone can be bothered to start an FT clan I'd certainly join.  Probably have more appeal than Clan Bellend

I think I got my head round it in the end.  I also discovered that I was being invited to join other people's clans, which I'd not actually noticed before.

I joined one after about 10 seconds of assessing the offers, liked to think I was a model clan member, dishing out troops left right and centre, and then just before our first war got booted out.  I was more intrigued than offended, and since then I've had repeated invites from the ones that chucked me out so it might well have been a mistake anyway.

If anyone can be bothered to start an FT clan I'd certainly join.  Probably have more appeal than Clan Bellend

Im part of a clan called PhoenixSociety. (exactly how its written) We are clan lvl 9 and are very active. If you are looking for a clan you can look us up. If you send a request just write in the request 'I know KC'.

What town hall are you?

Cheers, King Carr.

Town Hall is level 9, whatever that means

Your based is probably rushed then. Did you max out all your buildings before you upgraded? That's the preferred method and most clans don't accept people with rushed bases. You can join my clan if you want. It's called Nerdy Needs. I didn't come up with the name. lol

Your based is probably rushed then. Did you max out all your buildings before you upgraded? That's the preferred method and most clans don't accept people with rushed bases. You can join my clan if you want. It's called Nerdy Needs. I didn't come up with the name. lol

It's taken a year to get where I am, but I'll let others judge. I've seen others that have clearly rushed things more than I have.

If you get an approach from Pablotron, that's me!