Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

Immersed in the first Mass Effect now.

I made my start in the series with Mass Effect 2 and had Part I lying around for so long, without really touching the disc.

Amazing how graphics have made such a quantum leap in the space of ten years in terms of resolution and detail.

The frame rate issues are negligible, the story absolute quality. Draws you right in after a rocky start - once you leave the Citadel for the very first time, you just can't let go.

Edited by MC Prussian

Playing Tom Clancy Wildlands at the moment, and pretty disappointed tbh. 

Looks gorgeous but but gameplay isn't grabbing me as I thought it would. I'm toggling between this and Rainbow 6 Seige which is soooo much better. 

Ah well, maybe it will grow on me

Working my way through super Mario Allstars on the SNES at the moment after what feels like  a hundred years since I last touched it, starting from the original obviously. Utter nostalgia and frustration lol

Edited by Darkon84
  • Like 1

Dragon Age: Origins.  Bought it around the time Inquisition came out thinking I'd learn the lore then get the new game but I made the game unplayable through horrible squad and character building decisions, moved onto other games and eventually forgot about it.  Thought it was about time to give it another crack.  Forgot how expansive the dialogue system is, no wonder I didn't want to go through it all from the start again :D 

54 minutes ago, syston_fox said:

Uncharted 2 for me. Finally got the collection on the PS4 and working my way through them before getting number 4. Forgotten just how good these games are!

You are in for a treat when you play Uncharted 4. An all round masterpiece

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Beliall said:

II'm playing Mass effect 1. Modded to the teeth for full controller support and high res textures. still an awesome game

It's great, isn't it? I'll easily forgive the somewhat outdated looks, but it's quality. The storyline just won't let you go - especially, once you're at liberty to roam the galaxy upon leaving the Citadel.

I'm doing also doing it so I can tie up loose ends following playing parts II and III and to complete the Shepard saga.

17 hours ago, syston_fox said:

Uncharted 2 for me. Finally got the collection on the PS4 and working my way through them before getting number 4. Forgotten just how good these games are!

Same. On 4 now, fantastic stuff, Way better than the first 3 as well.

6 hours ago, Libertine said:

Same. On 4 now, fantastic stuff, Way better than the first 3 as well.

Finished number two last night but will probably wait till tomorrow to crack on with number 3...... must admit I had forgotten how tense some of those final battles in number two could be with the Guardians suddenly coming into play along with all the standard soldiers. Cracking game though. In my head I had always looked on number two as being the weak link but loved it on second play through.

1 minute ago, syston_fox said:

Finished number two last night but will probably wait till tomorrow to crack on with number 3...... must admit I had forgotten how tense some of those final battles in number two could be with the Guardians suddenly coming into play along with all the standard soldiers. Cracking game though. In my head I had always looked on number two as being the weak link but loved it on second play through.

2 seems to be the most rated but I would say (story/setting-wise) it's probably my least favourite. I rushed through the collection on super-easy mode as I was trying to get through all my unfinished games and really enjoyed the series so got the latest. To be fair, even on easy I hated that last boss battle on 2! 

I was surprised towards the end of the first game when the freaky little guys come after you, and then obviously the Guardians/Yeti things in the second. Enjoy the more 'realistic' side of the games personally. 

Just now, Libertine said:

2 seems to be the most rated but I would say (story/setting-wise) it's probably my least favourite. I rushed through the collection on super-easy mode as I was trying to get through all my unfinished games and really enjoyed the series so got the latest. To be fair, even on easy I hated that last boss battle on 2! 

I was surprised towards the end of the first game when the freaky little guys come after you, and then obviously the Guardians/Yeti things in the second. Enjoy the more 'realistic' side of the games personally. 

Yeah I'm exactly the same - the supernatural side of it is the only thing that lets it down in my opinion.

And I didn't want to say about the boss battle at the end of number two as I thought I was just being crap! I was playing on normal and took about half an hour of constant attempts and got to the point where I was about to turn the console off as it was pissing me off. I kind of realised what I needed to do early on but then found myself just running round like a nutter and occasionally taking a shot at the amber when I hoped he was close by. I must have spent about 5 minutes just running in a circle at one point with him following me and trying to shoot at the right time. In the end I got to the point when I needed one more hit to kill him and found some grenades and just threw them hoping for the best..... didn't even know where he was but then the cut scene started. Pure fluke rather than skill!

On 3/21/2017 at 13:35, pds said:

Went back to Assassins Creed Black Flag last night. According to my PS4 I haven't played it since May 2014. Forgot how much I enjoyed it.

The game where the series peaked. cracking effort and the best since AC2