Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

25 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Not gonna lie, I've played an obscene amount of COD ww2 over the last month. 

Didn't have you down as a COD player :o

Been getting the rough treatment as a newbie in Rocket League myself and various CCG/idle games while taking breaks from RimWorld and Divinity.

Also any good PC game recommendations for a LAN party?

Going to the annual LAN weekend with friends next month and we're always looking for some games that are enhanced by being in close proximity.

Rocket League is already earmarked as is Golf with Friends among others.

19 minutes ago, shen said:

Didn't have you down as a COD player :o

Been getting the rough treatment as a newbie in Rocket League myself and various CCG/idle games while taking breaks from RimWorld and Divinity.

Yeah 90% of my gaming is either strategy or rpg (love Rimworld btw) but cod and fifa are my guilty pleasures. 

I play a lot of cod over Xbox Live with my old flatmate. 

Fantastic time sink. 

My mate bought an XBox One X, so I bought his old one for £50. After playing games my entire life bar the last few years, I've finally gone next-gen. 

My other half usually beats me if I turn on a game whilst she's in the room, so currently trying to find a few hours to immerse myself. 

Got Dishonoured 2 as I don't tend to play multiplayer and as I was a huge fan of the old Thief games and it's seemingly a spiritual successor. Also bought Fallout 4 as Fallout 3 was brilliant.

Between them, at the rate I'll be able to play them, they should occupy me for the next 3-4 years. 

Edited by RoboFox

2 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Currently playing they are billions on pc. 

Decent game with a nice difficulty spectrum. Worth getting for strategy game fans. 

I saw this on Steam over Christmas and it looked interesting with some good feedback. Given that it's currently early access, I might give it a few months to see how it progresses before I commit to buying it.

After not owning a console for years, I bought a PS4 Pro just before xmas and have been spunking my wad on games ever since in an attempt to catch up on the past 10 years or so of gaming.

Enjoying the daft but entertaining Uncharted trilogy, really like the design, feel, and difficulty of Bloodborne, and the Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection arrived today. Got the latest CoD but it's not my thing really, probably because I'm a bit shite at it.

My question is, are there any key titles that have come out over the last few years that I should look at picking up? I'm talking PS3 onwards really, as I've not owned a console since the PS2 (!) - games which were genre defining, or just real good fun. Not arsed about the latest graphics - much prefer a good story or original design.

9 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

After not owning a console for years, I bought a PS4 Pro just before xmas and have been spunking my wad on games ever since in an attempt to catch up on the past 10 years or so of gaming.

Enjoying the daft but entertaining Uncharted trilogy, really like the design, feel, and difficulty of Bloodborne, and the Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection arrived today. Got the latest CoD but it's not my thing really, probably because I'm a bit shite at it.

My question is, are there any key titles that have come out over the last few years that I should look at picking up? I'm talking PS3 onwards really, as I've not owned a console since the PS2 (!) - games which were genre defining, or just real good fun. Not arsed about the latest graphics - much prefer a good story or original design.

Skyrim, 'nuff said.

8 hours ago, egg_fried_rice said:

The Last of Us.

Horizon: Zero Dawn

All the Metal Gears.

On 05/01/2018 at 10:08, Uranyl Yellow said:

I saw this on Steam over Christmas and it looked interesting with some good feedback. Given that it's currently early access, I might give it a few months to see how it progresses before I commit to buying it.

Honestly worth every penny right now. 

Got on it at 7pm yesterday. Girlfriend came home, I said wow your back early, the reply was "how ****ing long you been playing it's 12:15"  lol

On ‎05‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 14:31, egg_fried_rice said:

God Of War (Love it)

The Last of Us

The Witcher 3

Skyrim

Fallout 3, New Vegas and 4

Get through Uncharted trilogy so you can then play Uncharted 4 (One of my fave games)

I would love to walk into gaming now. So many games I wish I could play as if it was my first time.

On 1/5/2018 at 14:31, egg_fried_rice said:

If you're enjoying Bloodborne the Dark Souls triology is genre defining I'd say, the first one was a lot of peoples game of the last generation. Although having thought about it not entirely how you'd go about playing it on a PS4, Dark Souls 2 has been remade and obviously 3 is a PS4 game anyway.

10 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Honestly worth every penny right now. 

Got on it at 7pm yesterday. Girlfriend came home, I said wow your back early, the reply was "how ****ing long you been playing it's 12:15"  lol

Currently torn between that, Northguard, and Expeditions: Vikings at the moment. I'm currently veering more towards Expeditions: Vikings since I like at least some sort of RPG elements in the game and the former two titles seem to be more pure RTS. Doubtless, I'll get around to it at some point though, probably in the not too distant future.

On 1/8/2018 at 04:46, kingcarr21 said:

God Of War (Love it)

The Last of Us

The Witcher 3

Skyrim

Get through Uncharted trilogy so you can then play Uncharted 4 (One of my fave games)

I would love to walk into gaming now. So many games I wish I could play as if it was my first time.

Agree with all these, @egg_fried_rice, would also add GTA in there if you’ve not played any games since PS2. Also check out Red Dead Redemption via download. 

Witcher 3 is my fave game in the list, maybe of all time, that plus the expansions will keep you going forever. 

On 05/01/2018 at 22:32, Libertine said:

The Last of Us.

Horizon: Zero Dawn

All the Metal Gears.

On 08/01/2018 at 10:46, kingcarr21 said:

God Of War (Love it)

The Last of Us

The Witcher 3

Skyrim

On 08/01/2018 at 14:12, Manwell Pablo said:

If you're enjoying Bloodborne the Dark Souls triology is genre defining I'd say, the first one was a lot of peoples game of the last generation. Although having thought about it not entirely how you'd go about playing it on a PS4, Dark Souls 2 has been remade and obviously 3 is a PS4 game anyway.

1 hour ago, HoustonFox said:

Agree with all these, @egg_fried_rice, would also add GTA in there if you’ve not played any games since PS2. Also check out Red Dead Redemption via download. 

Witcher 3 is my fave game in the list, maybe of all time, that plus the expansions will keep you going forever. 

Thanks for all the input.

Got a few of these already, but look forward to trying the others.

Chances of me getting any sort of housework done this year are slim to none :D

1 hour ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Thanks for all the input.

Got a few of these already, but look forward to trying the others.

Chances of me getting any sort of housework done this year are slim to none :D

Start with Witcher 3. That’ll keep you going for 100 hours with expansions (if you like doing everything, which I did). Google is your friend though, I had a couple of go to sites for emergencies or “what ifs” (only after I had made a choice)  

Tried to play Red Dead Redemption on PS Now last night - absolute horseshit. The service that is, not the game.

So laggy, and the resolution is poor. This can't be a popular service for Sony can it? Seems like they've dropped a bollock a bit in not making the PS4 backwards compatible, and cobbled together this piss-poor alternative. I'd rather pay the monthly subscription fee for a one off download.

56 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Tried to play Red Dead Redemption on PS Now last night - absolute horseshit. The service that is, not the game.

So laggy, and the resolution is poor. This can't be a popular service for Sony can it? Seems like they've dropped a bollock a bit in not making the PS4 backwards compatible, and cobbled together this piss-poor alternative. I'd rather pay the monthly subscription fee for a one off download.

I cancelled my Playstation Now pretty quickly. Always a poor connection no matter where I was in the house. At £12.99 its a daft price as well

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got with the times picking up an xbone last week with Forza 7, Gears 4 and Pubg; with AssCreed Unity packed in as a freebie.

The console interface and all that is decent enough, still getting used to it.

Gears is alright but the new weapons aren't any improvement over the old lot, they've implemented their own tact on loot crate system with weapons skins ect and charge £4+ for individual multiplayer maps I was playing a decade ago!

Played my first ever round of Pubg -  came third with one kill as I panicked in my first house and just dropped a nade behind and ran lol Snuck around the rest while having no idea about the buttons.

Forza 7 has really dissapointed me so far, I've not played any of the Horizons and the last Forza I had was 4 after loving 2 & 3 and would consider myself a fan of the series but this one seems to have had the soul ripped from it - the freedom to tune your cars as you like has been hidden away with autotune now being the norm - it's soundtrack gets repetitive a few hours in and sounds like middle aged Dad rock - the structure of which you level up and acquire cars leads you down a linear path and keeps you drained of funds.

Thinking of picking up Sunset Overdrive and Forza H 3 at some point. Looking forward to Crackdown & Red Dead. Only PS games I'd have been interested in would be Yakuza zeros, a few other Japanese games and Last of Us - Bloodborne and the like never floated my boat.

Any xbone gems I've missed out on?

On 2/4/2018 at 23:36, SpazticChicken said:

Finally got with the times picking up an xbone last week with Forza 7, Gears 4 and Pubg; with AssCreed Unity packed in as a freebie.

The console interface and all that is decent enough, still getting used to it.

Gears is alright but the new weapons aren't any improvement over the old lot, they've implemented their own tact on loot crate system with weapons skins ect and charge £4+ for individual multiplayer maps I was playing a decade ago!

Played my first ever round of Pubg -  came third with one kill as I panicked in my first house and just dropped a nade behind and ran lol Snuck around the rest while having no idea about the buttons.

Forza 7 has really dissapointed me so far, I've not played any of the Horizons and the last Forza I had was 4 after loving 2 & 3 and would consider myself a fan of the series but this one seems to have had the soul ripped from it - the freedom to tune your cars as you like has been hidden away with autotune now being the norm - it's soundtrack gets repetitive a few hours in and sounds like middle aged Dad rock - the structure of which you level up and acquire cars leads you down a linear path and keeps you drained of funds.

Thinking of picking up Sunset Overdrive and Forza H 3 at some point. Looking forward to Crackdown & Red Dead. Only PS games I'd have been interested in would be Yakuza zeros, a few other Japanese games and Last of Us - Bloodborne and the like never floated my boat.

Any xbone gems I've missed out on?

Depends what you like really, cup head and Killer Instinct would be too you've not mentioned that stand out to me but if you don't fighting games or platformers then I guess not.

If your thinking of doing both horizons I'd do 2 first as 3 is that much better than it it'll be like taking a massive step backwards but Horizon 3 is an essential purchase on Xbox One. Sunset Overdrive is a tidy game it's just a bit old these days.

It's only really starting to come into it's own now after being around for about a year but one strong advantage the One has over the PS4 is it's subscription Xbox Game Pass service (as the PS PS3 streaming service is terrible) which I think is about £8 a month? The library is pretty decent now and they've just announced all new exclusive releases will be available on release, might be worth looking at the list of games on there, it's not for everyone still but it is improving all the time. 

Edited by Manwell Pablo