Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

14 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Shadow of the Colossus for PS4.  Not so much a remaster, almost a complete re-do.  Downloaded the theme courtesy of my Amazon code, all ready to go!  :)

Having not played this on PS2, I'm looking forward to what lies ahead.

SotC is awesome, loaded it up yesterday and before i knew it i had decked 12 collosi !

Xcom Long War 2, kicking my arse a bit at the moment but can't put it down. 

Boston "Bronco" Parker the Jamaican ranger taking alien heads like its cool.

What a boss. 

I love how attached the xcom games gets you to your soldiers as you develop them and watch them commit unbelievable acts of heroism and then completely crushes you when some Muton comes out of nowhere and mashes their face through a wall. 

lol

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

On ‎08‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 09:31, Beliall said:

SotC is awesome, loaded it up yesterday and before i knew it i had decked 12 collosi !

I've just finished this.  Not quite the masterpiece I was expecting as has been quoted from various reviewers but it was a decent game nonetheless.  I felt the game was let down badly by the final boss, felt more of a huge drag rather than this epic showdown I was expecting.  The one before it and the flying colossus were excellent in comparison.

It's difficult to compare to what's about nowadays.  I'd probably feel the same about Resi4 if I played that through again.  Best remembered as a classic rather than have it revisited and not have the same lasting impression, regardless of whether it's remastered or not.

7 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I've just finished this.  Not quite the masterpiece I was expecting as has been quoted from various reviewers but it was a decent game nonetheless.  I felt the game was let down badly by the final boss, felt more of a huge drag rather than this epic showdown I was expecting.  The one before it and the flying colossus were excellent in comparison.

It's difficult to compare to what's about nowadays.  I'd probably feel the same about Resi4 if I played that through again.  Best remembered as a classic rather than have it revisited and not have the same lasting impression, regardless of whether it's remastered or not.

It was my first complete play through.. i enjoyed it but i do agree with you on the finale. more of the collosi should have been like the final one, because the game overall was pretty easy to complete 

43 minutes ago, Beliall said:

It was my first complete play through.. i enjoyed it but i do agree with you on the finale. more of the collosi should have been like the final one, because the game overall was pretty easy to complete 

Mine too.  I'm not bothered about going back to attempt the trophies either - most seem too much of a grind.

Any recommendations on something to plug the gap between now and God of War?  Assassins Creed Origins - worth a look or sit it out until the game comes shipped with all the DLC included?

1 minute ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Mine too.  I'm not bothered about going back to attempt the trophies either - most seem too much of a grind.

Any recommendations on something to plug the gap between now and God of War?  Assassins Creed Origins - worth a look or sit it out until the game comes shipped with all the DLC included?

I have origins, it a decent creed game but it suffers from the usual ubisoft shite of massive world with too much to do. it feels like a far cry game. i recently played the last guardian.. that was a good game

• 2 weeks later...
On 30.9.2017 at 10:18, silebyboy said:

Going to give the SNES mini a blast later. Did anyone else get one/want one?

Got mine by sheer accident yesterday, whilst shopping for other items. Fantastic value for money for such an array of classic games - it's a bit like a time warp, just as much fun as it was when I was a kid.

Also a great choice because of the inclusion of Earthbound (which was never released in Europe).

My favourites are Super Mario Kart, Super Metroid, Zelda - A Link to the Past and Final Fantasy III (actually FFVI).

Contra III and Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts - boy, kids today won't believe what we had to put up with when we were younger. These games give difficulty a whole new meaning.

First game I gave a try after all these years was Super Punch Out!! :D I love that title to pieces.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Back to Horizon Zero Dawn.  Fantastic game.  Looks stunning on a plasma!

Have you played the DLC? Looking to pick this up soon but no idea if it's worth shelling out a bit extra for the complete edition.

5 minutes ago, Guest said:

Have you played the DLC? Looking to pick this up soon but no idea if it's worth shelling out a bit extra for the complete edition.

Not tried the DLC.  Currently lvl 21 and just arrived at Meridian.  With Bloodborne and Rachet appearing on PS+ next week, I don't have the time!

Just now, Legend_in_blue said:

Not tried the DLC.  Currently lvl 21 and just arrived at Meridian.  With Bloodborne and Rachet appearing on PS+ next week, I don't have the time!

Fair enough, cheers. Seems to have reviewed quite well so I'll probably take the plunge. Bloodborne is amazing!

Also recommend Frozen Wilds - bit more challenging than some of the main quests too.

After getting Platinum on Horizon a couple of weeks back, I played through The Last Of Us remaster having missed it when it first came out. Really excellent storytelling, got me hyped for the sequel.

Now I'm playing the The Talos Principle - entertaining first person puzzler with seemingly similar themes to the titles above. Wanted something to break things up a bit before I launch into Witcher 3 for the first time which I can see being an absolute time sink... Having said that, Ratchet & Clank does look like fun!