Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

Downloaded Bloodborne with PS Plus and beat it for the first time last night.

When I had it before I gave up at the Vicar Amelia fight, took me ages to get there after dying what felt like 100 times to the blood starved beast, and then seeing how little damage I did and dying constantly to her made me quit from rage so I sold it about a year after it came out. This time round completed first playthrough in about a week and just beat the Cleric beast and Father Gascoigne on first attempts on new game plus, crazy to think how difficult I found them when I first played years ago. Gone from being an alright game to one of my favorites now that i'm actually good at it and am better at the mechanics. Tempted to try a torch only run but I have a feeling that may end up with a broken controller or 2.

Edited by TheMightySystem

16 hours ago, Beliall said:

loaded up far cry, completed it 5 mins later, easy

Is it basically every other Far Cry ever? 

Ridiculous, unlikely story, lead character going on an impossible mass murder spree to clear out bases, paint the map and get better guns? 

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Ridiculous, unlikely story, lead character going on an impossible mass murder spree to clear out bases, paint the map and get better guns? 

io have only played a couple of hours, there is one overhanging question, you play a cop, who went missing with the rest of his team, and no one is coming to rescue him, you play in an enclosed area of montana and yes, you have to take it over and get to the bosses while buying gun skins and doing side quests. but it looks amazing on the new engine and its really fun

Now finally really getting into Horizon Zero Dawn after a few distractions from other games.

It really is an absolutely outstanding game.  Everything about it is brilliant.  If I was to criticise, not being able to select from more than 4 weapon types at one time would be the only one.

33 hours in, I see no end to it.  :thumbup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beliall said:

io have only played a couple of hours, there is one overhanging question, you play a cop, who went missing with the rest of his team, and no one is coming to rescue him, you play in an enclosed area of montana and yes, you have to take it over and get to the bosses while buying gun skins and doing side quests. but it looks amazing on the new engine and its really fun

The whole premise is a bit retarded really to be honest. At least with four you were in some isolated third world country. 

The idea that a cult in the USA would have helicopters and that much fire power and thousands of soldiers and the army or the ATF and FBI wouldn't roll in en masse and go all Waco on them is silly in the extreme. 

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

The whole premise is a bit retarded really to be honest. At least with four you were in some isolated third world country. 

The idea that a cult in the USA would have helicopters and that much fire power and thousands of soldiers and the army or the ATF and FBI wouldn't roll in en masse and go all Waco on them is silly in the extreme. 

yeah i agree, but im trying not to take it too seriously and enjoy it for what it is

• Like 2

Fallout 4 for me.

Brilliant game, I've had it for a while now and began playing about a year ago. But I made such a slow progress and lost interest.

Now that I've come back to it and understand its mechanics a bit better, it's really engrossing, what a fantastic storyline and there's so much to see.

Only concern is my constant lack of ammunition, despite the regular use of V.A.T.S.. lol 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Fallout 4 for me.

Brilliant game, I've had it for a while now and began playing about a year ago. But I made such a slow progress and lost interest.

Now that I've come back to it and understand its mechanics a bit better, it's really engrossing, what a fantastic storyline and there's so much to see.

Only concern is my constant lack of ammunition, despite the regular use of V.A.T.S.. lol 

The story will probably ultimately disappoint.  It's good in the early to mid game but by the end it was fairly underwhelming imo.

To spice things up a bit after the end game I decided to plant some grenades on Preston Garvey.  Unfortunately, you can't be rid of him.  Shame.  lol

The game itself is enjoyable though.

22 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Fallout 4 for me.

Disapointing in comparison to F3 and New Vegas  

On 3/31/2018 at 12:08, Finnegan said:

you don know the half of it until you see the ending, what a joke. Was looking forward to completing the sidemissions after the story but after that ending i have no desire to whatsoever.

• Like 1

Just started Assassins Creed Origins off the back of the ridiculously good Horizon Zero Dawn.

Bit of a come down, but hey ho.  Hopefully there's a decent game in there somewhere - the start has been typical Ubisoft fare, cut scene, blank load screen, do a bit more, blank load screen... etc etc.  Horizon had none of that - completely seamless. 

Oh and I had to download an 8.5GB update ffs.

18 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Just started Assassins Creed Origins off the back of the ridiculously good Horizon Zero Dawn.

Bit of a come down, but hey ho.  Hopefully there's a decent game in there somewhere - the start has been typical Ubisoft fare, cut scene, blank load screen, do a bit more, blank load screen... etc etc.  Horizon had none of that - completely seamless. 

Edited by sk3since03

On 02/04/2018 at 18:58, Legend_in_blue said:

The story will probably ultimately disappoint.  It's good in the early to mid game but by the end it was fairly underwhelming imo.

To spice things up a bit after the end game I decided to plant some grenades on Preston Garvey.  Unfortunately, you can't be rid of him.  Shame.  lol

The game itself is enjoyable though.

Surely that depends on what route you take. It's been a while since I played, but there's about 6 iirc.

On 12/04/2018 at 14:08, Trav Le Bleu said:

Surely that depends on what route you take. It's been a while since I played, but there's about 6 iirc.

There's 3 you need all of for the platinum. all disappoint I guess though I enjoyed the game when I played it. 

On 11/04/2018 at 18:37, Legend_in_blue said:

Unfortunately you're going from a 10/10 classic to a 7/10 overrated duffer imo. And I'm an AC fan!

Mad Max via psplus. A good few hours in and really rather enjoying it so far. Underrated as far as I can see atm.

Edited by Guest

On 19/04/2018 at 18:40, Legend_in_blue said:

It's taken 10 hours for me to begin to enjoy Assassins Creed Origins.  In the early going it just hasn't had that Assassins Creed feel about it.

It's slowly improving though.

It never really does feel like AC unfortunately. 

On 21/04/2018 at 10:14, Sharpe's Fox said:

Sonic. How do you even play it? The levels make no sense.

You've just got to get over to the right end of the stage. I think some or all levels have different routes stacked vertically.

I used to love the early Sonic games when I was little, but you're not wrong - they are flawed. I remember thinking that it was clever that he ran so fast, and I assumed that if you were good enough and practiced enough, you'd be able to sprint through the level without stopping and impress anyone watching. As it turns out - that's not possible. They missed a trick.

8 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

You've just got to get over to the right end of the stage. I think some or all levels have different routes stacked vertically.

I used to love the early Sonic games when I was little, but you're not wrong - they are flawed. I remember thinking that it was clever that he ran so fast, and I assumed that if you were good enough and practiced enough, you'd be able to sprint through the level without stopping and impress anyone watching. As it turns out - that's not possible. They missed a trick.

Yeah thats why i was thinking. The whole usp was that sonic goes fast but you never can and you have to play it like any other plaformer.

On 02/04/2018 at 15:30, MC Prussian said:

Fallout 4 for me.

I played a bit of it when it first came out and enjoyed it but felt that it was pretty average considering it was a Fallout game. Went back to it last year and started a new play through on Survival difficulty and absolutely loved it.