Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

On ‎20‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 18:56, Trav Le Bleu said:

I've never had the game lower than hard and often on expert (to increase the xp in Faraway Forest). Knowing that I can try this on easy (thought the hard expert thing applied to all the Faraway Forest levels) has given me hope. Currently level 87.

I had the game on Normal mode all the way through until I changed it to Hard to start level 31-40. So yea drop the game to Normal mode and get to level 99 then go back to Hard. You can go to Danger level 5 and not worry at all. Enemies are easy. When I fought Blackhart I had danger level 4 and it was a slog. Almost ran out of healing items. Make sure you have the necklace that leaves you on 1 HP. That is a must.

Good Luck

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

I had the game on Normal mode all the way through until I changed it to Hard to start level 31-40. So yea drop the game to Normal mode and get to level 99 then go back to Hard. You can go to Danger level 5 and not worry at all. Enemies are easy. When I fought Blackhart I had danger level 4 and it was a slog. Almost ran out of healing items. Make sure you have the necklace that leaves you on 1 HP. That is a must.

Good Luck

Thanks.

And all done. As TPH said, the God of War achievement (win 50 skirmishes) was the hardest, just trying to find them. Not difficult in themselves, in fact I'd completely out-levelled them, so it wasn't even like it was a challenge.

My first ever platinum though. :D

9 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Thanks.

And all done. As TPH said, the God of War achievement (win 50 skirmishes) was the hardest, just trying to find them. Not difficult in themselves, in fact I'd completely out-levelled them, so it wasn't even like it was a challenge.

My first ever platinum though. :D

Nice 1. I traded it in and only got £10 so you may want to keep it for the next DLC. I got lucky with the Skirmishes and didn't have any trouble finding all 50. I only ever lost 2 and that was down to me not following someone and they got away.

Overall a good game. I hit 118 hours at completion what about you?

5 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Nice 1. I traded it in and only got £10 so you may want to keep it for the next DLC. I got lucky with the Skirmishes and didn't have any trouble finding all 50. I only ever lost 2 and that was down to me not following someone and they got away.

Overall a good game. I hit 118 hours at completion what about you?

About 110, but not done the dlc. As I said, I played on hard until I got to Faraway Forest, so I probably levelled faster.

I've had GTA V since day one, but only in the last couple of weeks decided to give online a go. i'm quite enjoying it but i have very few friends in my ps4 network. is it possible to be successful in the online version of the game as a solo player?

8 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

I've had GTA V since day one, but only in the last couple of weeks decided to give online a go. i'm quite enjoying it but i have very few friends in my ps4 network. is it possible to be successful in the online version of the game as a solo player?

Depends what you mean by successful. You can quite easily make enough to get yourself a reasonable house and some nice cars just by doing missions, multiplayer modes and joining in on a few heists (as long as you don't get teamed up with tossers). The serious stuff e.g. businesses, lots of the vehicles added by DLC and so on is extortionately priced unfortunately, so if you want to become properly rich with all the top cars and gear it's going to take a lot of time or some real money. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection, didn't even realise it existed until the other day. Street Fighter Alpha 3 is one of my favourite games of all time, so to be able to play it online is great (if it weren't for the fact that hardly anyone else is playing, and half the time the lag makes the game completely unplayable)

9 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

All sorts but trying to push myself to stick with DQ11 for a bit. 

Where are you at with this?  

I've put in 17 hours so far and have just secured the ship.  Now in the part of the map where the final two party members can be found.

I'm finding it relatively easy at the moment but just went with the initial settings.  I'm quite happy for a stress free playthrough.  

12 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Where are you at with this?  

I've put in 17 hours so far and have just secured the ship.  Now in the part of the map where the final two party members can be found.

I'm finding it relatively easy at the moment but just went with the initial settings.  I'm quite happy for a stress free playthrough.  

9 hours in. It’s absolutely devoid of challenge so far. I can’t remember if there was a difficulty setting ? It’s also pretty mindless at the moment just running from a to b. I heard good things and I do enjoy the art style so we shall see. 

46 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

9 hours in. It’s absolutely devoid of challenge so far. I can’t remember if there was a difficulty setting ? It’s also pretty mindless at the moment just running from a to b. I heard good things and I do enjoy the art style so we shall see. 

It's noticeably easier than XIII on PS2 which is the last one I played.

I heard it gets harder but at the moment it isn't that challenging.  Having played many turn based RPGs though, once you know the ins and outs, tactically it's easy to pick up and play which'll do me for now.  Act 2 and 3 in particular are where the game really gets going.  

20 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

It's noticeably easier than XIII on PS2 which is the last one I played.

I heard it gets harder but at the moment it isn't that challenging.  Having played many turn based RPGs though, once you know the ins and outs, tactically it's easy to pick up and play which'll do me for now.  Act 2 and 3 in particular are where the game really gets going.  

I’m still enjoying it and it’s not terrible by any means but I just have to really push myself to load it up and play. Maybe I’m growing up ! Doubt it. 

4 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

I’m still enjoying it and it’s not terrible by any means but I just have to really push myself to load it up and play. Maybe I’m growing up ! Doubt it. 

Just faced the first real challenge of the game.  20 hours in, level 20.

Almost wiped out twice, couple of party floored, strange as the dungeon was fine until the boss then I was hit for two turns constantly with no chance to defend and used healing more than attacks.  Lucky to beat it.  Just read up on it, causes problems for many.

8 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Just faced the first real challenge of the game.  20 hours in, level 20.

Almost wiped out twice, couple of party floored, strange as the dungeon was fine until the boss then I was hit for two turns constantly with no chance to defend and used healing more than attacks.  Lucky to beat it.  Just read up on it, causes problems for many.

If I remember DQ11 (when on PS2) i found the game easy then out of nowhere I got absolutely slaughtered (wont say when in the story) and just gave up at that point. I probably missed something vital but in the end I couldn't be bothered. So take the fact its easy so far with a pinch of salt.

Finally finished the main story line in The Witcher 3. Tremendous game, but I didn't think the main plot line was that great. I found a number of the side plots much more interesting and having just started the DLC, I reckon I'll prefer those too. Possibly the largest game I've ever played, but out of the action RPGs I've played (admittedly not many) I still think Horizon Zero Dawn pips it to the top of the list.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Finally finished the main story line in The Witcher 3. Tremendous game, but I didn't think the main plot line was that great. I found a number of the side plots much more interesting and having just started the DLC, I reckon I'll prefer those too. Possibly the largest game I've ever played, but out of the action RPGs I've played (admittedly not many) I still think Horizon Zero Dawn pips it to the top of the list.

Agreed.

In terms of gameplay, nothing comes as close although God of War I expect will be as good.  I haven't played this yet though.

13 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Agreed.

In terms of gameplay, nothing comes as close although God of War I expect will be as good.  I haven't played this yet though.

My personal games of the year that I have played are HZD, GOW, Ni No Kuni 2 and Spiderman. I think Spiderman might just be my favourite. I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was.

Horizon Zero Dawn was brilliant, really enjoyed the story and GoW was also brilliant

God now I think about it i'm not sure I can pick a winner from the 4 games I mentioned. All were great.

7 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

My personal games of the year that I have played are HZD, GOW, Ni No Kuni 2 and Spiderman. I think Spiderman might just be my favourite. I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was.

Horizon Zero Dawn was brilliant, really enjoyed the story and GoW was also brilliant

God now I think about it i'm not sure I can pick a winner from the 4 games I mentioned. All were great.

God of War priced at 20.99 on Amazon today. Naturally I have given in and purchased.  ?

• Like 1