Jump to content
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, Adster said:

Gonna be a complete long shot, but anyone here still play Old School Runescape? Been hooked on this game for years and with the Mobile port coming out even more hooked. 

I go through phases of it. On pc every few months I'll fire up RS3 and be hooked for a couple of weeks or so, then drift away again. I downloaded the OSRS app but my phone is a piece of trash and the battery lasts about 5 minutes so I've not got as far into it as I might've otherwise. When I get a new phone that can actually run it well in the next couple months I'll probably find myself playing it again, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/11/2019 at 08:04, kingcarr21 said:

Just finished the main story of Kingdom Hearts 3. Here's me thinking its the last game in the series but the ending has blown it wide open. Roll on KH4.

 

For a game full of Disney characters the story is one of the most complex I have ever experienced in a game. Great game

What are the chances of me picking up the story having never played the first two?

I'm currently rotating between Doom which I'm finding a bit samey as I progress, and the Witness which is a pretty challenging but relaxing puzzle game. Picking up crash team racing this eve as it should prove to be a good multiplayer over the xmas period.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, egg_fried_rice said:

What are the chances of me picking up the story having never played the first two?

I'm currently rotating between Doom which I'm finding a bit samey as I progress, and the Witness which is a pretty challenging but relaxing puzzle game. Picking up crash team racing this eve as it should prove to be a good multiplayer over the xmas period.
 

No Chance

 

There are actually 13 games. Which they split across the characters and their individual back stories. So even playing 1 and 2 will only give you the basic concept of light vs dark. In KH3 there are a lot of back stories (from the other games) which conclude .Myself, I have only played 1 and 2 and just read up about the other games and even then i've struggled to understand the deeper goings on. 

 

If you really did want to play KH3 you are for sure better off at least playing 1 and 2 at a minimum. Or you could watch a youtube video on the story and try and get your head around it all. Not an easy task

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

No Chance

 

There are actually 13 games. Which they split across the characters and their individual back stories. So even playing 1 and 2 will only give you the basic concept of light vs dark. In KH3 there are a lot of back stories (from the other games) which conclude .Myself, I have only played 1 and 2 and just read up about the other games and even then i've struggled to understand the deeper goings on. 

 

If you really did want to play KH3 you are for sure better off at least playing 1 and 2 at a minimum. Or you could watch a youtube video on the story and try and get your head around it all. Not an easy task

Thanks. I'll give it a miss then. Already got an eye watering list of games in my library still sat in the 'unplayed' category. Wasteful really, but I'm sure most gamers are guilty of this lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/11/2019 at 19:22, Finnegan said:

The FF8 Ragnarok scene is the cheesiest thing ever committed to a game and its amazing lol

 

 

🎵 "I saw you smiling at me, was it real or just my fantasy" 🎵

 

I'm not crying, you are.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I absolutely love Squall. 

 

There's loads of Scandi dramas on the TV with these insanely awkward, basically spectrum characters with no social skills. Like literally loads. It's ridiculously "in" at the moment. 

 

Square were criticised for Squall at the time but now he just looks ahead of his time lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I absolutely love Squall. 

 

There's loads of Scandi dramas on the TV with these insanely awkward, basically spectrum characters with no social skills. Like literally loads. It's ridiculously "in" at the moment. 

 

Square were criticised for Squall at the time but now he just looks ahead of his time lol

 

Started playing the remaster a couple of weekends ago, funnily enough. I do love the game. Must've played it through about 15 times, but it never gets boring. Just absolute nostalgic joy of a better time. 

 

When I first got the game I was about 11, and started going around school saying "whatever..." and being an edge lord because of Squall.  lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/11/2019 at 13:12, Adster said:

Gonna be a complete long shot, but anyone here still play Old School Runescape? Been hooked on this game for years and with the Mobile port coming out even more hooked. 

 

Been playing since last winter as an UIM :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Started playing the desktop version of Motorsport Manager. Not sure what to make of it yet. 

 

It's maybe a little on the simple side for me, although I do find myself drawn back to it.

 

It's a way off F1 Manager 96 which is for me one of the greatest management sims ever created.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Soulcalibur VI.  I'm not playing it since I'm not really a big fighting game player these days, but I've got a steam key that I got for free and I'm not going to use if anybody wants it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/12/2019 at 16:44, RoboFox said:

Started playing the remaster a couple of weekends ago, funnily enough. I do love the game. Must've played it through about 15 times, but it never gets boring. Just absolute nostalgic joy of a better time. 

 

When I first got the game I was about 11, and started going around school saying "whatever..." and being an edge lord because of Squall.  lol

I desperately NEED to play this.

 

I had it on PS1, and it came on 4 discs. By the time I got to the third disc, I noticed a big scratch on it (I swore I hadn't had it out of the case before too) and it wouldn't load and of course I'd long ago parted with the receipt, thinking it worked fine.

 

Trouble is there's so many new games I want to play, to invest in an old game that I know will take at least 50+ hrs, seems a bad idea.

 

Especially as I've just started Kingdom Come Deliverance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/11/2019 at 12:12, Adster said:

Gonna be a complete long shot, but anyone here still play Old School Runescape? Been hooked on this game for years and with the Mobile port coming out even more hooked. 

Used to play it a lot a couple of years ago. I have 1900 total level, but eventually got bored of it like I did as a teen. I'll probably end up back on it at some point, but Fifa and MW are my go to games atm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/11/2019 at 22:41, Trav Le Bleu said:

War of the Chosen on PS4 is so broken :(

 

I've reached the last but one mission, no sign of the skirmishes (though I regularly come up against the Chosen they opposed, Blightlance) and after completing the mission to destroy the Advent Tower I get the cut scenes, back to the Avenger and then it won't move to the next, final mission or anywhere. It just takes off and goes nowhere. :angry:

 

I've tried reloading the last turn of the mission and finishing it slightly differently, but that doesn't work. I'm going to retry the whole of the last mission again, see what happens. If that doesn't work, think I deserve a refund on the expansion. Getting right to the end and it failing is awful. Weird thing is I can't find any mention of people having this bug.

 

So annoying.

@Jonezy I did eventually completely it, the trigger for the final mission just wasn't obvious .The final mission is on the world map and it's the only thing you can do, so unless you realise that, it seems like the game has crashed as you click all over the place, unable to do anything.

 

Never found the Skirmishers though, despite the fact that completing the mission that give them to you is a trophy, I never got that mission.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/12/2019 at 17:25, Finnegan said:

I absolutely love Squall. 

 

There's loads of Scandi dramas on the TV with these insanely awkward, basically spectrum characters with no social skills. Like literally loads. It's ridiculously "in" at the moment. 

 

Square were criticised for Squall at the time but now he just looks ahead of his time lol

 

Antisocial is so yesterday, women who act like men is the newest trend. Around the corner, I can see sex change as the upcoming fad.

lol

 

Square got to bear the brunt for breaking with the cuteness angle of their RPGs. FF VIII was the first to deploy characters that looked much more realistic.

I didn't like it at the time, felt rather strange. Having to draw materia from your enemies rather than buying it took some time to get used to, as well.

Then again, trying to follow up on FF VII was a tough ask and a daring task in itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adding to the FF8 love here, was my personal favourite when it came out and still is now after all these years. Identified a very great deal with Squall's outlook when I was younger, now much more with Quistis'. lol

 

Right now I'm playing Sunless Sea, certainly doesn't pull its punches with the difficulty curve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Red Dead Online mostly with a bit of God Of War, spoilt really as God Of War is sublime and Red Dead Online has turned into something quite brilliant after being an embarrassment on release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Libertine said:

What did everyone get for Crimbo? I got the new Star Wars and the remake of Medievil (never played the original). :)g

Didn't even know that was a thing and yet weirdly I was thinking about that game earlier today wondering what happened to the series lol. At this rate we'll have the entire PS1 back catalogue on the unity engine before long.

Edited by Carl the Llama

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Didn't even know that was a thing and yet weirdly I was thinking about that game earlier today wondering what happened to the series lol. At this rate we'll have the entire PS1 back catalogue on the unity engine before long.

 

Yep - nostalgia sells! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just completed the Outer Worlds, would recommend to anyone who has enjoyed the fallout series.

 

Back onto God of War now..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...