Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Uncle Phil

Record store day.

Lcd soundsystem boxset, dinosaur jr boxset and a few soundtracks (Scott Pilgrim Terminator II 7" etc.)

That's about it.

Might stroll in in the afternoon no way I'm getting up early. Find most I want online when they're allowed to sell them a week after. I know that this isn't the point of RSD but I spend a lot of time and money in record shops up and down the country.

Anyway anything you're after in particular? 

Wouldn't mind picking up Beefheart Son of Dustsucker, dinosaur jr boxset and might be an excuse to buy some off!. 

Same though I won't be getting up early, I'll pop in when I'm passing. Quite a lot of the stuff in my local record store is over priced so I'm almost a bit reluctant to go in, which is a shame because he has some great stuff.

Every year the lists get longer.

For once on record store day there is nothing that I really want, the wife will be happy. Maybe the Spacemen 3 and the LCD but no doubt the prices will be more than I want to pay.

The past two years I have been able to get everything I wanted on the net either before the day or soon after.

• 2 weeks later...

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN AMERICAN BEAUTY 10"
CIVIL WARS, THE LIVE AT EDDIE'S ATTIC
DEAD KENNEDYS ORIGINAL SINGLES COLLECTION 1979-19827 X 7" BOX SET
DINOSAUR JR FOSSILS BOX5 X 7" BOX SET
DOORS, THE WEIRD SCENES INSIDE THE GOLDMINE2LP
DUANE EDDY MOOVIN N’ GROOVIN / UP & DOWN7"
DUANE EDDY REBEL ROUSER / STALKIN’7"
JAKE BUGG LIVE AT SILVER PLATTERS12"
JAMES VINCENT MCMORROW CAVALIER10"
LEVELLERS, THE CARRY ME EP12"
MAZZY STAR I'M LESS HERE7"
MOONS, THE HEART AND SOUL7"
MUDHONEY ON TOP: KEXP PRESENTS MUDHONEY LIVE ON TOP OF THE SPACE NEEDLE
NEIL YOUNG COW PALACE 19863LP

NINA SIMONE MY BABY JUST CARES FOR ME7"
NIRVANA PENNY ROYAL TEA7"
OTIS REDDING PAIN IN MY HEARTLP
PIXIESINDIE CINDY LP
POGUES, THE THE POGUES WITH JOE STRUMMER LIVE IN LONDON2LP
RAMONES MELT DOWN WITH THE RAMONES10"
SAM COOKE AIN’T THAT GOOD NEWS (50TH ANNIVERSARY)LP
STRYPES, THE4 TRACK MIND7"
TAME IMPALA LIVE VERSIONS12"
UK SUBS LEFT FOR DEAD2LP

:)

Managed to pick up a fair bit yesterday in birmingham, but it was obviously hard to have a proper search around because the record shops were so busy!

But I got;

(RSD releases)

Jay Z Linkin Park - Collision Course
Johnny Cash with his hot and blue guitar

Ghostbusters 10"

Krokodil 7"

(Non RSD)

Backtrack - Lost in life

Backtrack - Darker Half

Sabbath - Never Say Die

Johnny Cash - A thing called love

ACDC - Blow up your video

Nai Harvest 7"

Productive day :) Hoping to snag some of the american releases next week!

• 10 months later...

I'd want At The Gates, Mastodon and Blackberry Smoke, but it's far easier to obtain them than go down to record stores. Only way I'm going is if the new one in bradford is running it, since it's a pub and charcutiere as well (Hipsters paradise)

• 1 month later...

I popped into rockaboom after the Swansea game, but didn't have any RSD I was after. Still managed to spend  £78 though :facepalm:

Managed to get The Air 7", Sakamoto and Sylvian 7" and the Darjeeling ltd ost on line on the Saturday morning.

My local Charity has the Now that's what I call music lp in for a pound, That's £24 cheaper than the RSD one lol

I picked up the Mclusky album as well but I got up at 4.30am!!!

however I did also pick up the Red House Painters boxset and the Amon Tobin Dark Jovian release although fancy packaging isn't always as cool as it seems as I still haven't been able to get into it!!

In the online frenzy at 00.01 I managed to pick up the american RSD release of Mark Kozeleks AC/DC covers album whats next to the moon which is an amazing album so delighted to get that.

• 11 months later...

Archived