Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Uncle Phil

Record store day.

Is it that time of year again already!

12months later and I still haven't got into that Amon Tobin record!

As for the this year I wanted the Heartworn highways boxer but the £175 price tag has put me off.

I don't know if it's just me but I think record store day is losing its magic and the closure of the brilliant music exchange has left me a bit cold and I'm not sure if I wanna get up at 4am this year

Does anybody know the crack with Rockaboom on RSD? I'm assuming they just open for their normal trading hours but I want to go down for opening since I queued for hours the year before last and when I finally got to being served they were out of what wanted... I don't mind queuing from Friday night if that's what people do, but equally, I don't want to be stood outside of the arcade on my own like a tool at half three in the morning haha.

Does anybody know the crack with Rockaboom on RSD? I'm assuming they just open for their normal trading hours but I want to go down for opening since I queued for hours the year before last and when I finally got to being served they were out of what wanted... I don't mind queuing from Friday night if that's what people do, but equally, I don't want to be stood outside of the arcade on my own like a tool at half three in the morning haha.

People will be there don't worry about that!

Crazy how long the list is.  Heard RSD is causing big problems for small vinyl labels as all the RSD stuff is taking priority at the pressing plants.

Not a lot I would want anyway.  The Razor n Tape edits, and possibly the Dance Mania Traxx one.  Probably be able to pick em up cheap enough online after anyway...

So where did everyone go?

Went to Ashby's 'The Attic'...queues to get in, it was roped off like it was studio 54  :dry:

I thought the choice was poor, the prices were silly, all in all a dissapointing experience.

I hope others had more luck.

Went to rockaboom. Queued for an hour and a bit, got in to find the Christopher Lee albums hadn't even arrived yet and weren't expected until Monday. Maiden obviously went pretty much as soon as it opens but **** queueing up at the small hours like a right sad act.

Went to rockaboom. Queued for an hour and a bit, got in to find the Christopher Lee albums hadn't even arrived yet and weren't expected until Monday. Maiden obviously went pretty much as soon as it opens but **** queueing up at the small hours like a right sad act.

I feel your pain. I got there at half six this (yesterday) morning to make sure I had at least a reasonable opportunity to get the Frank Turner release. As much as I'd have been annoyed about them selling out before I was served, I can deal with it since it's the nature of the whole thing, but they hadn't even ordered a single copy in. So yeah. My morning was thoroughly wasted.

Rough trade Nottingham was carnage and massively disorganised in the shop with very little systems in place other than controlling the numbers in store.

Didn't join the rush early doors as wasn't really that bothered about much although I saw about 3people walking around with the clint mansell I wanted. They still had loads of frank turners and iron maidens though yesterday afternoon and probably still do now.

The whole thing is becoming a bit of a joke though, people In the queue to buy records when they have nothing to play them on, expensive prices, people pushing in, reissue of items for the 3000 time

Rough trade Nottingham was carnage and massively disorganised in the shop with very little systems in place other than controlling the numbers in store.

Didn't join the rush early doors as wasn't really that bothered about much although I saw about 3people walking around with the clint mansell I wanted. They still had loads of frank turners and iron maidens though yesterday afternoon and probably still do now.

The whole thing is becoming a bit of a joke though, people In the queue to buy records when they have nothing to play them on, expensive prices, people pushing in, reissue of items for the 3000 time

I like the fact vinyl is booming again but kids buying albums just to decorate their walls with is just plain wrong.

• 11 months later...

I'll be hoping:-

Alice In Chains : B Sides – x2 7″ Vinyl
Blackstreet : No Diggity – 7″
Pearl Jam : State Of Love & Trust / Breath – 7″ Vinyl
Prince : Little Red Corvette / 1999 – 7″ Picture Disc
Ramones : Ramones Singles Box – 10 x 43g 7″ Black vinyl singles box
Small Faces, The : Broadcast 66 EP – 7

On 28/03/2017 at 13:27, purpleronnie said:

I'll end up sourcing them online like usual...unfortunately.

They are not letting predominantly online stores participate this year so beware.

Spacemen 3 Recurring is the only must this year

On 29/03/2017 at 15:23, hairy said:

They are not letting predominantly online stores participate this year so beware.

Spacemen 3 Recurring is the only must this year

What about follakzoid ft J Spacemen! Surely that has to go on as well then? That will be pretty ace I reckon

On 31/03/2017 at 19:23, Fox92 said:

Tbf it's good this year because we aren't playing so I can search through town knowing I haven't got to rush.

True but sometimes going later can be a nightmare with people rummaging through the scraps just or the sake of buying something and then calling it "A Vinyl" 

i do do want that Springsteen Hammersmith album and a few other things so may well be an early one for me

6 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Yeah I pondered that springsteen one too.  The cd boxset been available for a while.  Depends on the price and what else I can get.

I would imagine being a 4lp set with the RSD premium attached if you get change out of £50 it would be a miracle.

if I get Springsteen, Townes van zandt, Jason isbell and sugar copper blue I would be more than happy 

Archived