Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Japanfox

Japan foxiles

I'll be in Tokyo at the end of February- first week of March (I'm going to run the Tokyo Marathon!). A bit gutted I'll be missing two home matches vs Norwich and West Brom. I'll be staying in Shinjuku. Any advice for watching the matches? (at midnight for Norwich and west Brom at 4.45am- might struggle to be awake for that!). Is it likely any TV station would show them, or will I have to try and find a bar?

Hello, visiting reader here these days.  Finding tremendous pleasure watching the great team that is Leicester City! :)   Oh yeah, i would keep following Leicester even if after Shinji fulfills his stint - It was great luck his transfer introduced this lovely team to us, but loving ALL the players, Kante, Drinkwater, everyone now!

NZ_Foxile, good luck on your marathon.
btw, watched the taped broadcast of ARSLEI last night on nhk's BS1.  It footnoted it would broadcast Live the Norwich game 2/28 (Sun) 0:00  (they usually show taped ones a day or so later at midnite so it's good!.)

japan's nhk BS-1 satellite tv should be viewable at hotels - - 

Hotels pay subscription fees for it's broadcasts too like households perhaps, so check the website of the hotel that you plan to stay and see about the guestrooms' TV Channel guide
>BS Channels: BS1... et als
>Satellite television channels: J-SPORTS (this premium channel always has live & repeated EPL games:
  JSports3/ JSports5))

HTH, and have a good race. 

* Note, press for the sub channel on TV's remote to get the original English sports broadcast.  It will be     multichannel/ bilingual; hope you find the button it might be in venacular characters. 
音声切換

The detail of watching event is fixed as below.

If you want to participate it, pls contact me by e-mail or twitter.

Last day's result was not good, but we're still top of the table!!

I'm staying in Shinjuku. Think it's pretty close to the bar isn't it?

Yes, There're many bars in Shinjuku.

I also held events in Shinjuku as above.

I think HUB is better to watch the match.

http://eok.jp/restaurants-bars/pub/british/hub-shinjuku-west-exit/

... Any advice for watching the matches? (at midnight for Norwich and west Brom at 4.45am- might struggle to be awake for that!). Is it likely any TV station would show them, or will I have to try and find a bar?

* edits,
Hi, not to have misinformed a visitor to our shores, >feb 27-28 (Sun) 0:00 game will be on  NHK BS-2 (102);
it seems BS1 has alotted women's ski jump world cup instead now  :D
(>Satellite tv: J Sports4 (ch245) Sat. 11:53pm, if the hotel has it) /J Sports2...other times

who can miss a good game these days! 

Stupid ski-jumping :-( I don't have BS-2 in my hotel room, very disappointed!

That was very unfortunate.

It's usually difficult to watch BPL at hotel room in Japan. Because many hotels don't have satellite television like BS or CS in Japan.

BTW, how about Tokyo marathon? I hope you completed it without any problems.

^ nz_foxile: That really is a shame, if only your marathon schedule allowed, you could have

gone to the pub-restaurant that mr. Koma kindly posted about! :)

But, how unusual, you pm-ed that you could view BS-1, so i was sure that when it was time,

having pressed BS & numeral 2 on the remote, that would do it like anywhere else.

I hope you instead rested well and had a great marathon, it was wonderful weather for it!!

The game last night was not so good unfortunately. That terrific cross by Albrighton for

Ulloa to save the day at the v end, was definitely a tremendous relief for everyone i'm sure!  

He seemed SO elated.

You might want to watch a small PL digest MON. 21:00 on BS-1 if you're in your room at that hour.

(*correction: JSPORTS is on BS Channels rather than satellite CS) 

^ nz_foxile: That really is a shame, if only your marathon schedule allowed, you could have

gone to the pub-restaurant that mr. Koma kindly posted about! :)

But, how unusual, you pm-ed that you could view BS-1, so i was sure that when it was time,

having pressed BS & numeral 2 on the remote, that would do it like anywhere else.

I hope you instead rested well and had a great marathon, it was wonderful weather for it!!

The game last night was not so good unfortunately. That terrific cross by Albrighton for

Ulloa to save the day at the v end, was definitely a tremendous relief for everyone i'm sure!

He seemed SO elated.

You might want to watch a small PL digest MON. 21:00 on BS-1 if you're in your room at that hour.

(*correction: JSPORTS is on BS Channels rather than satellite CS)

Thank you for all your help, although it was to no avail in the end as the stupid hotel TV didn't have the right channel. I planned on getting to sleep instead, ready for the early start for the marathon, but of course I couldn't help myself and I had to follow the match on the Foxes Talk match thread! Then I was excited so couldn't sleep. I think I must have got about 2 hours sleep on Saturday night! Oh well, I completed the marathon ok. Yes, the weather was surprisingly warm :-)

I don't think ill be watching today's game either, with it being on at 4.45am!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We have been talking to NHK about their plans, they are intending to be at every LCFC game for the rest of the season.

NHK are at the Counting House around 10am tomorrow (17/4) as part of a feature they are doing with a Trust member (1st part filmed prior to Sunderland game)

Now also in talks with TV Toyoko who are filming for their Sportswatcher show next week

• 2 weeks later...

I’m going to hold watching event vs Manchester United on this weekend.

The detail is as below.

I will see you there.

Up the City!

• 4 months later...
On 9/24/2016 at 01:54, Koma said:

I’m going to hold watching event vs Manchester United tonight.

The detail is as below.

Sorry for the short notice!

The venue for today's event has been changed from Shinjuku to Ebisu (FootINK).

The venue's address is as below.

http://www.footnik.net/index.php/english/location

• 7 months later...

We’re going to hold a watching event vs Manchester City.

The detail is as below.

If you want to participate in this event, please contact me by e-mail or twitter.

Archived